Davis and White #36: What a Wonderful World

mollymgr

I saw who I thought was Meryl wearing skates in Zach's insta stories, but noticed she was posing with a dark-haired guy so maybe it was her and Ben?
I didn’t see anyone posing with Ben. He wasn’t on the ice. He came straight at the camera by the boards so it was hard to miss him.

VGThuy

The thing I feel with Charlie and Meryl and shared with Tanith and Ben is their sheer love for ice dance. I remember Tanith and Ben's TSL interview and their love for the sport comes through and instead of being bitter about how 2010 turned out, they came to terms with it and recognized why the medalists won the medals. It explains why they've come back to it and become such excellent commentators for the sport. It comes through in Charlie's commentating as well, and I remember someone saying Meryl did a Skate Radio commentary for one of the Nationals and at the end of the ice dance competition was just like "I love ice dance".

Laura4

Looked like it could have been Meryl and Jeremy doing one of their prom pictures.

I think you're right. I took a screenshot to see if I could get a better look, and although the pic was kinda grainy, the guy did look like it could be Jeremy.

Barbara Manatee

I took a video of Meryl and Ben's little duet :)
Thanks, TanithandBenFan! Ben is such a doll, it's a treat when he pops up on the ice or the commentary booth. He and Meryl are getting a lot of time in together - here's a video of them skating together at XOI in Japan last month. (There are also some bits of B/A and D/W in the opening and closing numbers on the same channel.)

Seems that rotational lift is a lot harder than Meryl and Charlie always made it look. Guess that's why they have all those medals. :cool:

mollymgr

Meryl asked about music suggestions and she got a ton of them. Some are great and some are :yikes:.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtZCBK7gKYL/
I got a kick out of it thinking of the olden days when this thread would be filled with music suggestions.:lol:
I hope they pick a good one this time since it isn't really possible to do a dozen of them.:lol: I really liked their Elastic Heart last season. IMO, the only one that was complete was Say Something before that. Will they construct the program using FaceTime (thanks Nathan!) now that they live in different states?:D

Laura4

Meryl asked about music suggestions and she got a ton of them. Some are great and some are :yikes:.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtZCBK7gKYL/
I got a kick out of it thinking of the olden days when this thread would be filled with music suggestions.:lol:
I hope they pick a good one this time since it isn't really possible to do a dozen of them.:lol: I really liked their Elastic Heart last season. IMO, the only one that was complete was Say Something before that. Will they construct the program using FaceTime (thanks Nathan!) now that they live in different states?:D

It's going to be hard to top their Elastic Heart program. That one was special. I too hope they pick a good song to skate to. With Meryl getting married this summer and possibly starting a family soon after, who knows if she and Charlie will get to be in next year's tour, so let's hope they can come up with another special program for this tour.

mollymgr

As I watched ballad after ballad for what seemed like an eternity between Nationals and Europeans, I really longed for one of Meryl and Charlie’s epic programs like Samson & Delilah. I am so thankful for Youtube. Lol
I agree. I miss those days and their lovely programs. I think their Eleanor Rigby program would have fit well with the current modern dance genres with some updating.

D

Deleted member 74551

I love that report of all the ice dancers getting excited over baby Charlie during a press conference. Too cute.

Laura4

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information