Dancing With the Stars - Season 30

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I agree that even the meh dancers are fun dancing to Grease. Also, it looks like everyone got a style that really suited them so that helped too. (Except Mel C.)

But the judging... ugh. How did Iman get 7s? And that was just the beginning... Though I think Suni should have gotten a 10 just for the pie in the face! (Kidding.)

And after the tongue-bathing they always give Olivia and how they score her higher, I think that was totally fake drama with two of them picking Mel C.

Susan1

Did you all hear Tyra say she just watched Grease for the first time over the weekend? Really? We saw it in the theater when it came out. And I've probably watched it 10 times on t.v. since then. It's not anywhere close to being one of my favorite movies. It just seems to always be on somewhere. I have only seen Grease 2 once on t.v. though years ago.

Last edited:

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Speaking of fake drama -- the way that Jojo and Jenna were clutching each other and the look of terror on their faces about the possibility of being in the bottom two... lol, and also :rolleyes:
I'm not sure it was fake. No matter what good scores the judges give her she has to know there are haterz people who don't like her just because of her orientation.

Last edited:

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
I'm not sure it was fake. No matter what good scores the judges give her she has to know there are [a]haterz[/s] people who don't like her just because of her orientation.
To be fair, most of the celebrities do have haters for all kinds of reasons. Except Len, everyone loves him 😎

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I'm not sure it was fake. No matter what good scores the judges give her she has to know there are haterz people who don't like her just because of her orientation.
Also, these competitions are capricious. I mean Iman is still there!! :lol:

I figured she has a pretty solid fan base so I don't intend to do any voting (I don't like to vote without seeing the dances) unless she does make the bottom two or near the end to get her into the final.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
IMO Melora is fantastic, but older competitors mysteriously seem to get less popular the longer they stay in the competition. I expct her to be eliminated in the next few weeks, despite her dancing skills.

Re Olivia Jade, didn't she say something in one of the video things about having taken dance lessons since she was little?

just tuned in

Jojo might have "haterz" but those people are probably not block voting for a particular couple, so the affect would not be enough to knock her out. Also, she and Jenna just scored a "perfect" 40, so they would have to assume that the judges would save them. I stand by my original statement.

screech

I absolutely loved Jojo and Jenna's dance. It was definitely their best dance and IMO worthy of the first perfect score. I was honestly surprised that Carrie Ann didn't force out the tears
I was so happy that Kenya was safe. Her 'sob story' was for me, one of the few that came off as authentic and not played for sympathy/votes as so many have been in the last few years. I'm not saying that others aren't honest or true, but that they seem forced in their quest for drama or votes.
I was underwhelmed with Mel, Olivia, and Suni this week. Of the bottom two, I think they made the right choice in who to send home, though.
While everyone did really well for Grease Night, IMO Iman is clearly at the bottom, and in a perfect world would be sent home next.
I was impressed with how they modified the clothes from the movie to fit with the dance styles. Like Melora's silky button-down purple dress playing off Rizzo's purple button down shirt from the movie.
And I'm pretty sure Suni's dress was a perfect replica of Cha Cha's.

Lemonade20

I absolutely loved Jojo and Jenna's dance. It was definitely their best dance and IMO worthy of the first perfect score. I was honestly surprised that Carrie Ann didn't force out the tears
I was so happy that Kenya was safe. Her 'sob story' was for me, one of the few that came off as authentic and not played for sympathy/votes as so many have been in the last few years. I'm not saying that others aren't honest or true, but that they seem forced in their quest for drama or votes.
I was underwhelmed with Mel, Olivia, and Suni this week. Of the bottom two, I think they made the right choice in who to send home, though.
While everyone did really well for Grease Night, IMO Iman is clearly at the bottom, and in a perfect world would be sent home next.
I was impressed with how they modified the clothes from the movie to fit with the dance styles. Like Melora's silky button-down purple dress playing off Rizzo's purple button down shirt from the movie.
And I'm pretty sure Suni's dress was a perfect replica of Cha Cha's.
Agreed! I absolutely loved all the Grease dance outfits, although I was disappointed in Cheryl's. Dressed like Sandy minus the blonde curly hair. Just not the same, Cheryl should have gone full out or in a different style (even throwing on a Pink Lady jacket). Tyra looked awful again, failed at both trying to be a cheerleader with football shoulders and that leather outfit didn't work on her. I wish she would stick to gorgeous evening gowns like Erin & Brooke did. Stop taking away from the show!

screech

Agreed! I absolutely loved all the Grease dance outfits, although I was disappointed in Cheryl's. Dressed like Sandy minus the blonde curly hair. Just not the same, Cheryl should have gone full out or in a different style (even throwing on a Pink Lady jacket). Tyra looked awful again, failed at both trying to be a cheerleader with football shoulders and that leather outfit didn't work on her. I wish she would stick to gorgeous evening gowns like Erin & Brooke did. Stop taking away from the show!
And the fact that she even feels the need to mention that she's heading for a costume change. Like girl, nobody cares!
Also, as much as I hate to say it, I found the outfit on Cheryl very unflattering. She's never been a stick thin person, but I found that the outfit this week really emphasized that fact and seemed to make her look bigger than usual. And, I doubt it will happen, but can we get one week where Jimmie doesn't wear a bandana?

So next week is Horror Night - any guesses for songs? I'm predicting the theme from Psycho for one team. I still remember being very impressed with Ricki Lake's dance to that. I'd love it if someone did 'Hip to Be Square'. It is not a horror song at all, but was very memorable in American Psycho.
Apparently the following week is Queen night. Then, 'fashion' night (which is tentatively scheduled). How the hell is 'fashion' a dancing theme? I'm assuming it's a Tyra's request so she can do more catwalks. The only 'fashion' songs I can think of off the top of my head are from RuPaul.

There's only 5 episodes left in the season. It seems like we have a lot of dancers left for it being so close to the end.

Lemonade20

And the fact that she even feels the need to mention that she's heading for a costume change. Like girl, nobody cares!
Also, as much as I hate to say it, I found the outfit on Cheryl very unflattering. She's never been a stick thin person, but I found that the outfit this week really emphasized that fact and seemed to make her look bigger than usual. And, I doubt it will happen, but can we get one week where Jimmie doesn't wear a bandana?

So next week is Horror Night - any guesses for songs? I'm predicting the theme from Psycho for one team. I still remember being very impressed with Ricki Lake's dance to that. I'd love it if someone did 'Hip to Be Square'. It is not a horror song at all, but was very memorable in American Psycho.
Apparently the following week is Queen night. Then, 'fashion' night (which is tentatively scheduled). How the hell is 'fashion' a dancing theme? I'm assuming it's a Tyra's request so she can do more catwalks. The only 'fashion' songs I can think of off the top of my head are from RuPaul.

There's only 5 episodes left in the season. It seems like we have a lot of dancers left for it being so close to the end.
Amen! I agree, it feels like the season's dragging on. Cheryl may have a fuller figure, but man she can still dance! Her choice (or stylist's?) wasn't the best for that performance. With Horror Night, I'd be shocked if no one does Tim Curry from Rocky Horror Picture Show. I'm predicting the usual vampire/werewolf/mummy/witch costumes. It would be fun to see a Scream themed number (hello, Drew?)

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City

morqet

rising like a phoenix

The UK version has done two fashion themed pro dances in the last few years
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6kYyL782QA Vogue & Fashion by David Bowie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYSFo-YBaQM Fame by Bowie again - in fact why not just do a Bowie week instead!

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Jojo might have "haterz" but those people are probably not block voting for a particular couple, so the affect would not be enough to knock her out. Also, she and Jenna just scored a "perfect" 40, so they would have to assume that the judges would save them. I stand by my original statement.

And they're mostly dancing side by side as a duet, which is a standard category for two boys or two girls in dance competitions for kids/teens. They're not doing "romantic" couple dances, which is probably what would offend the haterz the most.

Last edited:

screech

So from the list of performances tonight it seems they're not dancing to songs from horror movies, but songs 'inspired' by horror movies. I'm not sure what to think of that. I mean, I don't think "horror" when I hear Elvis singing Hound Dog.
  • Olivia Jade and pro Val Chmerkovskiy dancing the Paso Doble to “Beggin’” by Måneskin (inspired by The Purge)
  • Amanda Kloots and pro Alan Bersten dancing the Argentine Tango to “Paint It, Black” by Ciara (inspired by SAW)
  • JoJo Siwa and pro Jenna Johnson dancing Jazz to “Anything Goes” by District 78 ft. Patrice Covington (inspired by IT)
  • Suni Lee and pro Sasha Farber dancing the Tango to “Bad Habits” by Ed Sheeran (inspired by “The Vampire Diaries”)
  • Melora Hardin and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Jive to “Hound Dog” by Elvis Presley (inspired by Cujo)
  • Jimmie Allen and pro Emma Slater dancing Contemporary to “Say Something” by Daniel Jang (inspired by A Quiet Place)
  • Iman Shumpert and pro Daniella Karagach dancing Contemporary to “I Got 5 On It (Tethered Mix from US)” by Luniz ft. Michael Marshall (inspired by US)
  • The Miz and pro Witney Carson dancing the Paso Doble to “Wicked Games” by RAIGN (inspired by Hellraiser)
  • Cody Rigsby and pro Cheryl Burke dancing the Cha Cha to “There Will Be Blood” by Kim Petras (inspired by American Psycho)
  • Kenya Moore and pro Brandon Armstrong dancing the Argentine Tango to “Take My Breath” by The Weeknd (inspired by Arachnophobia)

Also, apparently Derek and Hayley are dancing tonight.

screech

Those are some very weak "Inspired by" connections :lol:
Well, Cujo is a dog, and 'hound dog' has 'dog' in the title?
I'm sure they'll just be all about the costumes for all of them. I'm very underwhelmed. (or am I just 'whelmed'?)

If they're just doing 'inspired by', I'm surprised nobody is doing 'Psycho Killer' by Talking Heads. That could fit with almost all the movies.

PeterG

Sorry to upset any of you, but Cody Rigsby is a homosexual male. Just thought you should be informed as so many of you have been upset about him continuing to compete during a worldwide pandemic, but nobody seemed to care that he's dancing with a female partner while Jojo Siwa is dancing with a female partner. Maybe none of y'all have any gaydar to speak of?

Lemonade20

Sorry to upset any of you, but Cody Rigsby is a homosexual male. Just thought you should be informed as so many of you have been upset about him continuing to compete during a worldwide *********, but nobody seemed to care that he's dancing with a female partner while Jojo Siwa is dancing with a female partner. Maybe none of y'all have any gaydar to speak of?
Wow, that's such a dumb statement. I don't care who they choose to dance with. I'm really glad JoJo asked for a female dance partner, but that doesn't make Cody any less of a human being because he has a female dance partner.

PeterG

Wow, that's such a dumb statement. I don't care who they choose to dance with. I'm really glad JoJo asked for a female dance partner, but that doesn't make Cody any less of a human being because he has a female dance partner.

Why would anyone think less of Cody for who he is dancing with? What a dumb statement. Especially since producers decide which star dances with which pro.

My point is do the producers think America can (FINALLY) stomach two women dancing together...while two men together is still too yucky?

Lemonade20

Why would anyone think less of Cody for who he is dancing with? What a dumb statement. Especially since producers decide which star dances with which pro.

My point is do the producers think America can (FINALLY) stomach two women dancing together...while two men together is still too yucky?
You make it sound like because he's gay, he should have partnered with a male partner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information