Dancing With the Stars - Season 30

BaileyCatts

The Tyra Banks show, oh sorry ... I mean DWTS announced Pros today.

Brandon Armstrong
Lindsay Arnold
Alan Bernsten
Sharna Burgess
Cheryl Burke
Witney Carson
Artem Chigvintesev
Val Chmerkovskiy
Sasha Farber
Jenna Johnson
Daniella Karagach
Pasha Pashkov
Gleb Savchenko
Emma Slater
Britt Stewart

Len Goodman back as judge. :cheer: Don't care what y'all say, I love Len and his truthful, honest, and sometimes snarky comments. :p

Celebs will be announced tomorrow on Good Morning America. Suni Lee :cheer2: and Jo Jo Siwa are already confirmed. Strong rumors of Olivia Jade (Lori Loughlin's daughter) dancing with Val (boo ... I wanted Suni to get Val :mad: ).

Oh, and I know its a dead issue but still .... #bringbackTomBergeron :mitchell:

Sylvia

TBD
Aug 26th, 2021
ABC announced today during their TCA "Dancing with the Stars" panel the first two celebrity cast members as part of the 30th season, gold medal Olympian Suni Lee and pop star JoJo Siwa. Lee and Siwa will appear on ABC's "Good Morning America" for their first sit-down interview tomorrow, AUG. 27, and again when the remaining cast is revealed WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 8. The milestone season premiere airs live MONDAY, SEPT. 20 8/7c, when each celebrity finds out which pro dancer is their partner.
ETA:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Okay, I was iffy to watch this season but I am so there for this.

For one thing, as someone who did Contra dancing all through college, female pairs were a necessity giving the scarcity of males interested in dancing. Since I was one of the main group, I would always dance with some of the other females from the main group so that the newbies could have the guys (and hopefully come back). Ah, memories.

screech

I'm happy that Derek is remaining as a judge, even with Len's return. I was pleasantly surprised with him last year.

I get that Olivia Jade is an influencer or something, but all she's known for to most DWTS viewers is the admissions scandal. So unless she's a brilliant dancer, I don't see her lasting long.

I foresee JoJo being paired with one of the fan favourite females, like Lindsey.

Happy to see Brandon, Pasha, Daniella and Britt are pros again. And Sasha, who I never get my hopes up to believe will be partnering someone until I see it announced. I wouldn't be surprised if he's paired with Suni, as he usually gets a shorter partner, and he's a favourite. No Keo, but we're still stuck with Gleb. Ugh.

Lots of rumoured stars, though some of note:
Brian Austin Green (would probably get paired with Sharna as they're dating)
Chris Harrison
Hilaria Baldwin
Le-Ann Rimes
Fran Drescher (if she doesn't dance to The Nanny theme, AND a Saturday Night Fever disco, there'll be hell to pay)

Firedancer

I saw somewhere that the last Bachelor, Matt, will be on this season as well.

Really hoping he and Olivia Jade don’t last long.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I'm not looking forward to "influencers" - people who are famous for being famous (or having famous parent(s)) like Olivia. Or Jo-Jo either. Not because I'm homophobic but I love the classic beauty of ballroom - two moving as one. I'm afraid it will look campy not beautiful.* And once again some of the "stars" are not stars. But I'm glad to see Witney & Lindsey will be back.

ETA: * at 2nd thought, all change looks strange at first. I have no real issue with the concept.

Debbie S

I'd be fine with no more 'influencers'. I would also be happy to not see any more Bachelor/Bachelorette cast members (haven't they already gotten their 15 min of fame?). I'm glad Suni will be on, would like to see more Tokyo Olympians and Paralympians.

screech

The rumours weren't quite as accurate this year as they have been in the past. Mel C seemingly comes out of nowhere. When Mel B was on, the Spice Girls were in their reunion. I guess Mel C is on since it's the 25th anniversary of Wannabe and they're releasing a deluxe version of that album in October.

I'm surprised that there aren't more Olympic athletes participating. After an Olympics they usually have multiple athletes who just competed and won medals.

I recognize only 7 names from the list. I hope someone I don't know will come out of nowhere and pleasantly surprise me (like James Hinchcliffe, who I still think should have won his season).

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
I know Martin Kove is on the new series Cobra Kai, but to me, he'll always be Isbecki from Cagney and Lacey - maybe because the Decades cable channel had a Cagney and Lacey marathon recently.. I actually looked up his bio and he has worked very steadily in a variety of parts since the Cagney and Lacey days.

I'd like to see Suni, but I think I'll catch her clips and not watch the whole show.

Last edited:

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
She's a reality tv star. So she did do something even if it wasn't much to get famous. :D
Jo-Jo may be a reality TV star but she brings a lot to the table. She became famous for dancing, then went on to have a successful line. Talented, popular, and I'm all for seeing her dance with a same-sex partner. Olivia Jade on the other hand is even more useless than Paris Hilton or the Kardashians.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Jo-Jo may be a reality TV star but she brings a lot to the table. She became famous for dancing, then went on to have a successful line. Talented, popular, and I'm all for seeing her dance with a same-sex partner. Olivia Jade on the other hand is even more useless than Paris Hilton or the Kardashians.
I feel the same way about Olivia. She is an entitled jerk going by how she reacted when her parents got caught bribing the university on her behalf. IIRC she was outraged that it might hurt her "influencer" business & put on the blame on them. I guess she didn't know that she actually didn't participate in crew. AFAIC she should have been sanctioned in some way as well, either fines or community service or both.

screech

As an elementary school teacher, it's very common for me to see students wearing JoJo's bows. I even had one student who wore one of her bows every single day during the school year.
One of the drag queens on Canada's Drag Race was fantastic as JoJo during the Snatch Game last year.

Sylvia

TBD

Celebrities:

- Country singer Jimmie Allen

- Spice Girl Melanie C

- Christine Chiu ("Bling Empire")

- Brian Austin Green ("Beverly Hills, 90210")

- Melora Hardin ("The Office")

- Social media star Olivia Jade

- Matt James ("The Bachelor")

- Amanda Kloots ("The Talk")  

- Martin Kove ("Cobra Kai")

- Gold medal Olympian Suni Lee

- WWE Superstar Mike "The Miz" Mizanin

- Kenya Moore ("The Real Housewives of Atlanta")

- Peloton star instructor Cody Rigsby

- NBA star Iman Shumpert

- Popstar JoJo Siwa

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I remember Brian Austin Green "dancing" when David Silver was trying to be an OG rapper on Beverly Hills 90210 :scream:

And The Miz, please, spare me. And while I get that JoJo is really popular, IMO she (or her momager) is better at marketing herself than she is at performing.

Between that and the cheating influencer, it's a "no" from me this time around.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Wow, I only know 5 this time around. And that's assuming I recognize Martin Kove since I have watched every episode of Cagney and Lacey when it was first run but don't recognize the name. I might recognize Melora Hardin when I see her too as I have seen the office but not very many episodes and that would make 6. Usually I recognize more of the contestants.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Wow, I only know 5 this time around. And that's assuming I recognize Martin Kove since I have watched every episode of Cagney and Lacey when it was first run but don't recognize the name. I might recognize Melora Hardin when I see her too as I have seen the office but not very many episodes and that would make 6. Usually I recognize more of the contestants.
Update, I do know Melora Hardin. So that's six out of 15. Like I said, normally I know more.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
Update, I do know Melora Hardin. So that's six out of 15. Like I said, normally I know more.
In recent years I usually know only 5 or 6 of the ‘“celebrities” on DWTS but this time it’s much lower. Besides Suni I knew Shumpert (from back when he was a highly recruited high school bb player in my state) and Melora Hardin (I definitely recognize her but had to look up to make sure she was Jan from the Office). Martin Kove was familiar from his Cagney & Lacey role, but I don’t think I would have recognized him despite his pretty well-preserved 75 year old self :shuffle: Recognized Mel C’s name as a Spice Girl and Olivia Jade for her college scandal notoriety and that’s it, so I guess you could say I “know” about 3+ of Season 30. 🍭

Last edited:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I remember watching the miz on the challenge show on mtv and now he’s been a consistent force in the wwe for 15 years

He's a crappy wrestler and I don't expect much better from him on DWTS.

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
They should have a special where they give 10 first responders (5 women and 5 men) a week in Hollywood and train them to do 2 dances and have one episode where they compete and another one where the winner is announced ("They're all winners! Let's show them our gratitude!"). I'd watch that. I'd cry but I'd watch it.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
They should have a special where they give 10 first responders (5 women and 5 men) a week in Hollywood and train them to do 2 dances and have one episode where they compete and another one where the winner is announced ("They're all winners! Let's show them our gratitude!"). I'd watch that. I'd cry but I'd watch it.
I would rather watch that!!!!

Firedancer

I know 6 of the celebrities. That seems like about how many I usually know- Suni Lee, Brian Austin Green from 90210, Olivia Jade from her scandal, Matt James from the Bachelor, JoJo Siwa from Dance moms and I remember the Miz on the Challenge.

I am looking forward to seeing Suni.

BaileyCatts

Has Suni dropped any hints about who her partner might be on her social media stuff? Any rumors? If it can't be Val then it better be Sasha. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information