dance test sequence

sk8r2021

I remember there is a rule to say you have to finish all dances at a level before start testing any dance in the next level. I didn’t track others’ tests. But it definitely happened that someone tested same dance with my daughter in a test session. Later in another test session I saw that skater was testing a lower-level dance. It happened a couple of time. For skaters, it is nice because sometimes a skater gets trapped in one dance for long time while she is doing well in some dances at next level. But I still wonder how they did it. Is it allowed in some cases or they just do it because no one track it?

Debbie S

Was this recently? USFS (are you talking about the U.S.?) had a special policy during Covid (until June 2021) that skaters could test 2 of the dances at each level solo, i.e. "pandemic partner", and could move to the next level after passing the 2, but would then have to go back and test the remaining dance(s) with a partner. Kind of silly (to limit it to 2) if you ask me but I don't make the rules. It's possible the skater you saw was simply going back to test the dances they needed to partner.

But yes, w/o a special rule, skaters do need to pass all dances at one level before moving on to the next level.

gkelly

Was this recently? USFS (are you talking about the U.S.?) had a special policy during Covid (until June 2021) that skaters could test 2 of the dances at each level solo, i.e. "pandemic partner", and could move to the next level after passing the 2, but would then have to go back and test the remaining dance(s) with a partner. Kind of silly (to limit it to 2) if you ask me but I don't make the rules. It's possible the skater you saw was simply going back to test the dances they needed to partner.

But yes, w/o a special rule, skaters do need to pass all dances at one level before moving on to the next level.
Never mind. What Debbie said could be correct, though well after the end of the pandemic partner option.

No need for me to complicate things.

sk8r2021

I don't remember exact time, but not recently. You are right. It's very likely to be "pandemic pattern".

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information