Cricket Bid for 2028 Olympics

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Cricket at the Olympics would be AWESOME!!! :cheer:

But it won't get up. As soon as the Americans, Russians and Chinese realise that they are no chance of a medal they will whine and moan until it's rejected.

Seerek

I suspect Twenty20 cricket will be in for 2032.

The more interesting part of the article is a push for MMA for Los Angeles 😳. Would there be parental advisory for that?

mjb52

I'm trying to think of the most ridiculous thing to suggest for LA and my imagination is failing me, it's irritating. We already have surfing and skateboarding so those are out.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Since the Rose Bowl is located just outside Los Angeles, maybe American football - if the US is the only country playing they're guaranteed the Gold medal.
I'm sure Samoa could field a team. So could Canada. And probably Australia.

Karen-W

I'm trying to think of the most ridiculous thing to suggest for LA and my imagination is failing me, it's irritating. We already have surfing and skateboarding so those are out.
Cheerleading.

Karen-W

Canadian Football has different rules than American Football.
Oh, I know. But, close enough that Canadian university teams play US college and university teams every season. Minor differences in the basic game rules can be overcome, lol.

Vagabond

Tanning.

Zonker Harris

Following graduation he swiftly rose to national prominence on the professional tanning circuit. Two-time Grand National Tanning Champion, he also won the Jack Ford Medal for Best Tan at the l980 Gerald R. Ford Pro-Am Summer Biathlon and the bronze medal at the Sonny Bono Indoor Tan Fest.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I don't understand cricket at all, but I enjoy watching it. Indian Premier League 20/20 cricket is awesome. And cricket is played around the world, so there are many countries that could participate in Olympic cricket. If field hockey and handball can be in the Olympics, cricket can be too.

moebius

Gives India good chance for a medal. I want any sport to be in the Olympics in which the US has no chance of a medal. Give the smaller countries a chance to shine. USA is greedy hoarding the medals from the smaller countries and they still want more. Does USA know what sharing is? Grrrrr...:shuffle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information