Craig Simpson & Jamie Sale

jackson

Are you able to express any ideas without including at least one right-wing dog-whistle phrase?
I don't know, can I? Are you capable of not being so bias? I personally know I am capable of accepting everyone and letting them have their own opinions and respect their free thought - I guess because I am very progressive :)

Last edited:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I don't know, can I? Are you capable of not being so bias? I personally know I am capable of accepting everyone and letting them have their own opinions and respect their free thought - I guess because I am very progressive :)

If you were capable of accepting everyone, you wouldn't be using terms like "politically correct".

D

Deleted member 221

While I don’t agree with everything she says, I’m proud Sale has used her platform to promote freedom, talk about the harmful effects of lockdown, and highlight the heavy costs we are paying and will continue to pay into the future. I’m sorry that her family and former friends have felt the need to ostracize her.

On My Own

While I don’t agree with everything she says, I’m proud Sale has used her platform to promote freedom, talk about the harmful effects of lockdown, and highlight the heavy costs we are paying and will continue to pay into the future. I’m sorry that her family and former friends have felt the need to ostracize her.

AJ Skatefan

I’m not proud of her and I have zero respect for her

VGThuy

And what does having an Olympic gold medal have to do with any of the views she’s being scrutinized for? I mean, it’s not related at all. It’s a weird utilization of the “appeal to authority” fallacy. Kind of sad she holds her value as a human being behind that medal. Or at the very best, it’s a very childish response to legit criticisms of her views. She has no real response so she just shows off her Olympic gold medal like it’s some sort of shield from criticisms of the “little people”. Imagine if the IOC had allowed the ISU to let the initial results stand. Would she be using her status as a silver medalist as a defense mechanism?

As for why her friends and family have cut her off…well, they know her best.

Last edited:

Habs

A bitch from Canada
Jamie was never locked down. She lives in Alberta. Alberta was not once in a lockdown. Jamie never lost any freedom. Jamie did, however, lose HER FAMILY because she decided to dive headfirst into a QAnon rabbit hole. That's the price she is paying. But I suppose we all make choices. :eek:

On My Own

And what does having an Olympic gold medal have to do with any of the views she’s being scrutinized for? I mean, it’s not related at all. It’s a weird utilization of the “appeal to authority” fallacy. Kind of sad she holds her value as a human being behind that medal. Imagine if the IOC had allowed the ISU to let the initial results stand. Would she be using her status as a silver medalist as a defense mechanism?
I'm not very sure if she's using the gold medal for credence though. I'm actually not sure about what she means in that tweet. She says "To all of you haters aka damaged souls, you can come get my Olympic GOLD medal." So okay, here maybe she means the haters aren't as talented as she is, and people can scream all they like that she shouldn't have it, it doesn't matter. But then she says "I stand in truth and wouldn’t give that up for any medal." So does it mean that actually, it doesn't matter to her if she didn't have a gold medal if she just has "the truth"? And then she says "Call me crazy, a conspiracy theorist, a loser, a whatever...TRUTH WINS!!! Love + light to you" which means she's talking about "the truth" again, making it more about "the truth". But then she uses "#goldmedalist #champion" and I'm very confused about why she's talking about the gold medal, and maybe she did mean to say her gold medal provides her credibility. And then she uses " #Truth". And then I started laughing, and posted it here.

It is my understanding that Canadian people have been questioning her gold medal and saying she didn't deserve it at SLC, and have been saying it more and more as her views have come to surface. I believe her incoherence has something to do with that. And that maybe "the truth" has to do with the SLC scandal, but then it would make her tweet more coherent than it probably is, plus in the replies, a lot of people who're speaking about "the truth" are also talking about "average Canadians" and "liberty", but also someone said "give up your medal" and she said "come and get it".

Anyway, I know nothing about Canada apart from skating schools being there and maple leaves and poutine. Seems like a strange place when it comes to politics and people.

Amy L

Jamie was never locked down. She lives in Alberta. Alberta was not once in a lockdown. Jamie never lost any freedom. Jamie did, however, lose HER FAMILY because she decided to dive headfirst into a QAnon rabbit hole. That's the price she is paying. But I suppose we all make choices. :eek:
He won't believe you. We've already had two and a half years of telling Louis about the specific places that have had little to no lockdowns in North America to no avail.

Jamie's eldest son is not quite thirteen. I don't think the breakdown of their relationship would be due to political differences, most kids either don't care or believe whatever their parents believe. She has accused her family of refusing to believe in the truth of QAnon, that's her putting the wedge there, not them.

On My Own

Also, she liked this tweet about vaccines getting to people's heads, but like. Well, the jokes write themselves.
And I'm not sure if "take it" means she is willing to give it up, or if it's supposed to be a challenge?

It's a very addicting twitter account. And I'm confused as to why the previous tweet I linked has 9k+ likes. Does it mean 9k+ people understood it? Can they explain it to me?

D

Deleted member 221

If my family told me I had to change my core beliefs to continue seeing them, I’d value being true to my core beliefs above all else.

Fortunately for me, I can maintain friendships and family relationships with people who believe very different things than I do. I’ve always viewed that as part of life and maturity.

If Sale is in a rabbit hole, then shunning and shaming her is only likely to push her further into the rabbit hole. But people may want to take a closer look at their own surroundings before accusing others of being down rabbit holes. Sadly, I think much of the general population has fallen down the rabbit hole of blindly believing what they’re told, following orders without logic or reason, and even becoming addicted to being told what to do by liberal demagogues.

On My Own

If my family told me I had to change my core beliefs to continue seeing them, I’d value being true to my core beliefs above all else.

Fortunately for me, I can maintain friendships and family relationships with people who believe very different things than I do. I’ve always viewed that as part of life and maturity.

If Sale is in a rabbit hole, then shunning and shaming her is only likely to push her further into the rabbit hole. But people may want to take a closer look at their own surroundings before accusing others of being down rabbit holes. Sadly, I think much of the general population has fallen down the rabbit hole of blindly believing what they’re told, following orders without logic or reason, and even becoming addicted to being told what to do by liberal demagogues.
So if, say, Sale were calling for the murder of Jews, you would say "it's her core belief and she shouldn't need to change them for her family to continue seeing her, and shunning her is only likely to push her further into the rabbit hole"?

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
It is my understanding that Canadian people have been questioning her gold medal and saying she didn't deserve it at SLC, and have been saying it more and more as her views have come to surface.

I haven't seen this opinion expressed anywhere. People know her because of the gold medal, and of course there are people who still think the second gold medal was bogus, but I haven't seen or heard anyone saying that the gold medal is even more suspicious now that she's turned into a virulent pro-trucker anti-vaxxer.

On My Own

I haven't seen this opinion expressed anywhere. People know her because of the gold medal, and of course there are people who still think the second gold medal was bogus, but I haven't seen or heard anyone saying that the gold medal is even more suspicious now that she's turned into a virulent pro-trucker anti-vaxxer.
This is not what I mean?

This is what I mean: https://twitter.com/powerkickaction/status/1561774155065851905

That there were several people who didn't think her medal was deserved and wanted it taken away. And now even more people want her medal taken away because she's expressing these views.

Japanfan

It is my understanding that Canadian people have been questioning her gold medal and saying she didn't deserve it at SLC, and have been saying it more and more as her views have come to surface. I believe her incoherence has something to do with that. And that maybe "the truth" has to do with the SLC scandal, but then it would make her tweet more coherent than it probably is, plus in the replies, a lot of people who're speaking about "the truth" are also talking about "average Canadians" and "liberty", but also someone said "give up your medal" and she said "come and get it".

From whence comes this understanding? Source?

Most Canadians don't even remember the SLC scandal, excepting skating fans.

At the time the only reason people even cared, excepting for skating fans, was because the media made a huge deal of it. And they didn't care that much.

Anyway, I know nothing about Canada apart from skating schools being there and maple leaves and poutine. Seems like a strange place when it comes to politics and people.
:confused:

On My Own

From whence comes this understanding? Source?
From reading what people have been saying to her on twitter...

I actually did link one such tweet. How can I link all the tweets (and comments on various social media I've been reading about the SLC scandal for a few years now) that have given me this understanding?

jackson

So if, say, Sale were calling for the murder of Jews, you would say "it's her core belief and she shouldn't need to change them for her family to continue seeing her, and shunning her is only likely to push her further into the rabbit hole"?
Dude, she isn't calling for the murder of anyone. She is protesting a mandated vaccine. Let her live, and if you don't like what she advocates then ignore her.

jackson

Oh, I’m sorry. I missed where people were mandated to take a vaccine.

*because that didn’t happen.
I cannot speak actually to Canada, but the President of the United States tried to enforce a national mandate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information