College Football 2022 - who survives to Bowl Games?

once_upon

Better off now than 4 years ago? Have TP now
Start of my two favorite sports season - skating and football.

A headline I read this week said which Big 10 Head Football coach is fired this season.

My bet is on Scott Frost, Nebraska.

once_upon

Iowa is struggling against South Dakota State: SDS 3 - IOWA 5.

I'm :eek: :scream: and :yikes: about Nebraska and North Dakota State as they are very competitive in the NCAA Division 2 league, often in playoffs. Game starts in 20 minutes. Hopefully it won't be over by halftime. And I mean over for NE

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
My cats absolutely hate it when I yell for touchdowns. It's tough for them.
I'm going to see how Bandit feels about me renewing my college football fandom in about 20 minutes when the Oregon-Georgia game kicks off. She'll either not care or she'll be just as perturbed at my attention being diverted from her as she is when I'm watching figure skating. Seriously - she kept attempting to climb all over me this morning while the last three ice dance teams were skating!

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Today I was watching the Syracuse/UConn game and they started off with the commentator selling the game as a David versus Goliath matchup and I realized that in a college football game they were genuinely expecting me to except Syracuse football as Goliath. Yes, we did stomp them, and yes, they are bad. But I can’t take anything seriously that positions Syracuse football as a goliath it’s more like David beating up on a little kid

once_upon

Seems like yesterday's loss was just too much for AD Albert's. Frost is gone as of this morning.

once_upon

Oh my goodness, it is freaking nuts in Nebraska today. It's like the whole state is suffering from delusions of grandeur. I'll be happy if we score 2 touchdowns against Oklahoma.

It's gonna be a bloodbath.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Both my teams are playing at the same time. Syracuse is playing Purdue and Michigan is playing Uconn. I've decided to watch Syracuse, because I don't want to witness a violent murder.

alexikeguchi

Oh my goodness, it is freaking nuts in Nebraska today. It's like the whole state is suffering from delusions of grandeur. I'll be happy if we score 2 touchdowns against Oklahoma.

It's gonna be a bloodbath.
Greetings from Oklahoma (though I am completely indifferent to the football team).

Wow, you predicted that result rather accurately! And got the two touchdowns exactly!

once_upon

Greetings from Oklahoma (though I am completely indifferent to the football team).

Wow, you predicted that result rather accurately! And got the two touchdowns exactly!
Yep. The Nebraska fans are crazy, they need to realize it"s not the 90's. We aren't going to be a Championship team right now. It's gonna take a lot of work.

When Micky took away the Blackshirts, I would think the fans would get the hint-Defense needs a lot of work. I think Scott just threw them out willy nilly. I think if people give Micky Joseph time - he's got a plan that might work to improve defense.

It will be interesting if we stay with the current QB or jump to Prudy. Although I don't think it's a QB problem, it"s an Offense Line.

once_upon

Well, Nebraska'a AD is showing how unwilling he is to learn from the past. Went out and hired a new head coach with mediocre resume, but a recently fired NFL coach. Who is likely to result in the same outcome. Another head coach bilking NU for millions in severance pay.
I mean - look at our track record since Tom retired

Solich - 2 years, fired
Pellini - interim not hired as HC
Callahan - 3 years, fired (came from NFL)
Pellini - 6 yrs, had renegotiated contract at yr 5, fired at year 6
Cotton - interim, not hired as HC
Riley - 2 years, fired
Frost - 4 years, fired had renegotiated at year 3 and 4
Joseph - interim, well respected by players, not hired as HC
Rhule - announced as HC today (came from NFL)

We are stupid. Paying out millions. I believe in the players, I believed in Joseph, the players responded to Joseph. Players have started the exodus, declaring for draft or entering transfer portal...within hours of Trev's announcement.

Mark my words, Rhule is going to be here 2, 3 years max, get fired and take the millions.

Insanity? Trev Albert's is the definition of doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Goooooo Blue :)

I was honestly so grumpy and stressed during the first half of that game and then the second half Michigan was just like "oh, enough of this." It was so good.

And then in the evening, Syracuse was playing BC and literally was losing 17 - 6 with 10 minutes remaining before scoring 26 straight points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information