Cipres/FFSG Press Release on the situation 12-16-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am not surprised by the French Fed response. They are trying to protect their star athlete. This sets or continues to set the precedent that a victim should not report sexual abuse. I am still hoping that the authorities in the USA will do a better job and hold the culprit accountable.

MsZem

I see the sea
and the french team tour was announced today and it looks like j/c are headliners. this is all so terrible for those victimized by him 😥
I don't know what exactly was announced today, but I saw a tweet with what looked like an official poster almost two weeks ago, before the news came out.

I believe French skaters are obligated to do these tours. The FFSG should not be putting them in this position.

nimi

I don't know what exactly was announced today, but I saw a tweet with what looked like an official poster almost two weeks ago, before the news came out.
SandraMGfan posted this link in the French news thread (the trailer includes a glimpse of J/C)

I believe French skaters are obligated to do these tours. The FFSG should not be putting them in this position.
Agreed. :(

MsZem

I see the sea
SandraMGfan posted this link in the French news thread (the trailer includes a glimpse of J/C)
That's the lineup I saw a couple of weeks ago. I guess the ad is new, and I assume the skaters have been strongly encouraged to post it...

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
That's the lineup I saw a couple of weeks ago. I guess the ad is new, and I assume the skaters have been strongly encouraged to post it...
Nobody encouraged me but I shared it on FB. French skaters aren't responsible for Cipres' behavior and they need to work in order to make some money. Some of them even needs it desperately to pay for their training and coaching fees. It's obviously not the case for some others who shared it but I assume they do/did it out of solidarity for the less successful.

MsZem

I see the sea
Nobody encouraged me but I shared it on FB. French skaters aren't responsible for Cipres' behavior and they need to work in order to make some money. Some of them even needs it desperately to pay for their training and coaching fees. It's obviously not the case for some others who shared it but I assume they do/did it out of solidarity for the less successful.
Of course they're not responsible! My concern is that the federation may be putting them in a difficult position.

kris2ffer

After it was made known to Zimmerman, Fontana & the French Fed about the disgusting incident, they have the immense POWER to do the right thing and make it right but chooses to simply not to. Freaking disgusting piece of shite.

Totally lost respect to these lo life people. EWWWW

millyskate

Good idea to get oldies to join as all together it makes for a cool lineup. Surya, Marie-Pierre Leray, Dyrt/Bonheur... in addition to P&C, Aymoz and Brian as a presenter. They had put more thought into it than usual.

Just very unfortunate timing with the launch.

trouble77

Banned Member
Here, Didier, let me fix it for you until an actual PR professional can step in:

The French Federation of Ice Sports (FFSG) has been made aware of the allegations aired by a journalist at the daily publication USA TODAY.

These allegations are deeply troubling. There is no place in sports for abusive behavior towards fellow athletes, especially not those who are young and vulnerable. Our obligation as a federation is to ensure a safe training and competitive environment for all our skaters. We expect the skaters and coaches affiliated with us to adhere to this standard.

We will support the investigation and trust that it is being conducted professionally and appropriately. Given the confidential nature of this process, we cannot comment at this time regarding any specific allegations.
Excellent job!

kirkbiggestfan

Obviously, French Nationals is this week, so it makes sense that the promotion for the tour is happening now since Gabi and Guillaume are around. Everybody will be on the lookout for Fontana/Zimmerman since she is coaching Aymoz and Meite. I can't even imagine how the skaters must be feeling right now.

deegee

Of course they're not responsible! My concern is that the federation may be putting them in a difficult position.
this is my concern, as well. but moreso that all of this coming out right now must be so painful for those victimized by cipres(and to answer @escaflowne928es above i don't have any further information but want to make space for the possibility that there may be others)

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Cipres/FFGS Press Release on the situation 12-16-2019

The French Federation of Ice Sports (FFSG) has been made aware of the allegations aired by a journalist at the daily publication USA TODAY. A journalist who is well known throughout the skating world for scandalrelated articles, in this particular case a photograph of an inappropriate nature is said to have been sent to a young female skater by Morgan Ciprès.

The FFSG has noted that the media attack has been particularly intense in its targeting of two trainers of Mr Ciprès in Sysley Chapel (Florida) : Ms Silvia Fontana and her husband Mr John Zimmermann whose results, both on the American and international stage, have attracted great admiration, as well as against a third trainer, Mr Vinny Dispenza.

Without wishing to excuse any act should it turn out to be true, the FFSG points out that it would appear to date from November 2017, and that there has been no related complaint made to the relevant authorities in the USA against Morgan Ciprès. The FFSG has therefore asked the skater in question to keep it up to date with any pertinent developments. In light of the information at its disposal, the FFSG has no cause not to place its confidence in him.

Let me guess...it was drafted by Didier?

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
I have a very stupid question... Why is everybody calling him by his first name ? I know the spelling of Gailhaguet isn't easy. But to me calling someone by first name is rather affectionate. Hence him certainly not being someone I want to call by his first name :lol:

Orm Irian

I have a very stupid question... Why is everybody calling him by his first name ? I know the spelling of Gailhaguet isn't easy. But to me calling someone by first name is rather affectionate. Hence him certainly not being someone I want to call by his first name :lol:

Sometimes calling a high-profile person by their first name or a nickname can be a sign of lack of respect. For instance, I don't call our current Prime Minister ScoMo because I like him or think it's cute, I do it because it's dismissive and sounds rather a lot like 'scum'.

Of course, using first names and nicknames can also be a sign of affection, so it can be difficult to tell the difference in casual online conversation, without tone of voice to help out! :lol:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
French spelling was invented by a sadist. And of course the word sadist was also named for a French person. :EVILLE:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I am not talking about police reports. I am talking about actual charges filed by the DA/prosecutor in court. Yes a judge can seal these for good reasons - such as wanting to charge a big ring of people at the same time.

Here’s an example at the Federal level: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/doz...dictments-dc-docket-mueller/story?id=59249030
That is also my understanding.

I was responding to a couple of posts. One asserted that she had filed a police report. And another said she had but it was sealed. I don't think a police report can be sealed.

It is my understanding that a report is taken, then has to be investigated. The police then go to the DA who decides to file charges. At that point a judge can seal the action.

I assume the procedures change with jurisdictions. The case can also be brought forward as a Doe plaintiff.

Does anyone really know if a police report was filed?

AxelAnnie

and the french team tour was announced today and it looks like j/c are headliners. this is all so terrible for those victimized by him 😥
You have GOT to be kidding me! What world are people living in? Well probably the same world where Prince Andrew is invited to the Castle for Christmas for the holiday.

And they are opening themselves up for terrible reactions by fans at each event.
It is a world gone mad!

Minou

French spelling was invented by a sadist. And of course the word sadist was also named for a French person. :EVILLE:
Not actually...Maybe because I learned it as a 2nd language I find it logical and easier than English.

There is some American bashing going on in the LÉquipe comment section. On the other hand, the statement does not articulate that a child is involved, a big information gap

Tinami Amori

There is some American bashing going on in the LÉquipe comment section. On the other hand, the statement does not articulate that a child is involved, a big information gap

:shuffle: there are only two articles in that publication, last week (without comment section) and yesterday's with the federation's statement. the last has only 8 comments.

one said "good that fed supports their athletes", another one "addresses the incident", another "a joke about his residence", few general ones "what is the sport coming to", another one is about "this journalist, brennan". Only two relevant to "american" - one jokes "what a way to get rid of competitors" and the other one objects "US pairs are not their competitors. Other foreigners train in USA without scandals".

... i would not call it american-bashing. in other publications there was a short discussion on "cultural differences" and "how harmful could it be just seeing a picture, it's part of the anatomy that's all".. but no bashing.

skatfan

That is also my understanding.

I was responding to a couple of posts. One asserted that she had filed a police report. And another said she had but it was sealed. I don't think a police report can be sealed.

Actually, you said that I was incorrect and didn’t refer to any other posters, but glad we agree about sealed charges.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
:shuffle: there are only two articles in that publication, last week (without comment section) and yesterday's with the federation's statement. the last has only 8 comments.

one said "good that fed supports their athletes", another one "addresses the incident", another "a joke about his residence", few general ones "what is the sport coming to", another one is about "this journalist, brennan". Only two relevant to "american" - one jokes "what a way to get rid of competitors" and the other one objects "US pairs are not their competitors. Other foreigners train in USA without scandals".

... i would not call it american-bashing. in other publications there was a short discussion on "cultural differences" and "how harmful could it be just seeing a picture, it's part of the anatomy that's all".. but no bashing.

I’ll take your word for it, but at the risk of sounding like an American prude, it’s disgusting to downplay how this incident impacts a young girl.

AxelAnnie

Actually, you said that I was incorrect and didn’t refer to any other posters, but glad we agree about sealed charges.
Well, sometimes it all gets away fro me. I hope I at least said I "thought" you were incorrect. My apologies if I did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information