Can't Help Falling In Love ... with Hubbell & Donohue (fan thread #2)

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
Facebook live with Madi and Zach after practice where they talk about program changes:
Link
They added "Yo soy Maria" with lyrics at the end of the RD for more punch, + they swapped the first music cut in the FD with "O' Verona" for a more classic drama and changed most of their elements.

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
Really pleased with the improvement of the RD from earlier in the season - I like the construction better than before with the changes they made. Like a lot of the other teams, they need to work on getting the levels/key points in the pattern, but a solid performance. They seemed very confident. :)

I miss the black dress from Skate America though, lol.

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
I still don't love the R&J theme for them, and I don't think that's going to change but talk about making improvements. Much better edition of the FD here, and they're still going to continue more nuances to it as the season goes. Just need to work on getting the levels more consistently, but I'm a lot more confident in their programs now than I was before.

Congratulations on the win tonight! Do we know how much the prize money is?

levineismine

^100% agree, I still would have chosen another theme for the FD and will probably not love it as much as the past 2 seasons, but the program is so much improved!! Now they need to work out their RD levels.
Congrats on their first Grand Prix Final medal/title and 4th gold in a row this season! :cheer2:

Bigbird

They redid their dances substantially and still had the nerves of steel to compete so intelligently here. Hats off to them, very, very well done.

I must say initially I was not digging the RD because I loved the original just the way it was. I'm still trying to accept the FD but knowing them, I'm sure it will come in time. :)

levineismine

Great interview (half hour) from Golden Skate with Madi and Zach:
Link
It's really worth listening, they are always so eloquent. They talk about program changes, goals for the season, how they keep working on their partnership and the training atmosphere in Gadbois.
They seem to be in a really good place with their mindset.

Sylvia

TBD
They won :): https://www.teamusa.org/News/2019/J...r-Honors-For-Team-USA-Awards-Presented-By-Dow
Standout performances during December earned swimmer Caeleb Dressel (Green Cove Springs, Florida), alpine skier Mikaela Shiffrin (Avon, Colorado) and the ice dance team of Madison Hubbell (Sylvania, Ohio) and Zachary Donohue (Madison, Connecticut) Best of December honors for the Team USA Awards presented by Dow, the United States Olympic Committee announced today.
Hubbell and Donohue claimed their first Grand Prix Final medal, winning the ice dance title in Vancouver, British Columbia. The reigning world silver medalists became just the second U.S. ice dance team to be crowned Grand Prix Final champions, and they helped continue the 12-year streak of U.S. ice dancers earning medals at the event. The duo scored a season-high 205.35 total points, the second-highest overall score in the world so far this season.

Firedancer

The RD is tomorrow starting at 3:50 and Free is Saturday at 6:15. But I don’t know specifically what time H/D skate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information