Can't Help Falling In Love ... with Hubbell & Donohue (fan thread #2)

Sylvia

TBD
Was this posted somewhere already? 23 Questions with Madi and Zach.
Yes, by @blancanieves when it first came out on Sept. 13 -- this is their fan thread after all. ;)

ETA - I've posted @sap5's link in both the Hubbell/Donohue Reddit and U.S. Dance news threads in GSD (since it was never posted in those 2 threads).

Last edited:

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
I truly believe they have shot at gold. I hope Maddie and Zach continue to skate after the 2018. I need them to have a few national titles, more grand prix wins and world medals before they retire.

I'd be incredibly disappointed if this ends up being their final competitive season; I absolutely would not blame them if they wanted to take advantage of other opportunities in life, but there's still so much for Madison and Zach to explore in their skating. And I think their best skating is still yet to come; IMO, they're just getting started.

Bellanca

lmarie086

Looking forward to seeing them this weekend - I can't wait to see how their programs have grown! :)

As always, I seem to have a million things going on this weekend that I can't get out of, so I probably won't be able to watch live, but I'll be checking YouTube for videos later on! Best of luck to them :)

lmarie086

They look absolutely fantastic! The new costumes are perfect, love them!

I do hope they change the lift and the ending pose at some point, though - I think what they have now is fine, but it could be better.

Debrah

Yes the new SD costumes are definitely better as the ones from US Classic were simply hideous and did her no favors at all!

VGThuy

I still find the middle section disparate from the first and third section, but they are skating it well. That midline step was simply fantastic and I love the musicality of the twizzles in the SBS section. I preferred how they ended the twizzles better at US Classic but the new choreography allows them to flow into their ending choreo.

jbuckbee

Yes the new SD costumes are definitely better as the ones from US Classic were simply hideous and did her no favors at all!
I wish I could remove you from their fan thread! Simply hideous? I think not. A ton of time and money went into those costumes to be discarded. I get that perhaps they were not Latin but initially they were going for something else. I get so annoyed with costumes comments because trying to please coaches, judges and ISU it is usually conflicting opinions. And for a team that does not have infinite financial resources or unlimited backing of their federation for these expenses, you should all back off such incredibly harsh comments.

lmarie086

Here is their FD practice from today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiVWuc2alBI

They look ready; their skating is so crisp, and the program suits them perfectly. I adore this program for them - I'm really excited to see this one develop. If I had to nitpick, I don't love the lift that they changed to - if they were going to change a lift in this FD, I'd prefer they change the one at 3:45 on the video. But maybe this one will score better? Of course, they had a reason for making the change, but I hope they go back to the other one at some point (if it makes sense to do so, which I hope it does).

blancanieves

They look absolutely fantastic! The new costumes are perfect, love them!

I do hope they change the lift and the ending pose at some point, though - I think what they have now is fine, but it could be better.

I think you may be talking about the SD ending, but I like that one. The one I'm not understanding is the FD ending pose. It looks a bit loose, like it lacks impact. But, maybe it'll come across different when seeing the complete program.

Really love both of their dances, and it's already so exciting looking forward to each new performance. Big kudos on their fabulous new latin costumes. :)

MRani

I love every moment of their FD. Their commitment to the choreography has already improved by leaps and bounds since US Classic (and it was already really good there!). I wish they hadn’t changed the ending though. I think the previous one was better.
I like the beginning and ending of their SD (Madi’s twizzles into that ending pose are fire) but something about the middle section falls flat to me. Maybe I just need to see it skated with more conviction during the competition.

VGThuy

I’m glad the Americans are providing each other with such fierce competition. I truly believe it has made all three teams even stronger and better than they would have been if one of them was clearly the best in their country. It’s going to be a tough battle for all three. Crazy to think one or even two of the internationally competitive and high-scoring/placing teams will miss out on the team event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information