Canadian TV coverage 2020/2021

Sonata

What channel’s stream are they using? The British commentator sounds very familiar.

Skate Talker

They are using the ISU's official feed, just like last year since they did not purchase the TV rights. The commentator is Simon someone, familiar to those of us who have watched British Eurosport feeds in the past.

By the way, all the live action plus archives of full segments and individual performances can be found on the ISU's YouTube site here:https://www.youtube.com/user/SkatingISU

I prefer to watch on YouTube because you can pause, go back, go forward etc. while the last time I watched on the CBC website you could only watch live or much later once the stream got archived.

victorskid

Happily ignoring pontificators & know-it-alls
They are using the ISU's official feed, just like last year since they did not purchase the TV rights. The commentator is Simon someone, familiar to those of us who have watched British Eurosport feeds in the past.
Simon Reed (sp?)
By the way, all the live action plus archives of full segments and individual performances can be found on the ISU's YouTube site here:https://www.youtube.com/user/SkatingISU

I prefer to watch on YouTube because you can pause, go back, go forward etc. while the last time I watched on the CBC website you could only watch live or much later once the stream got archived.
I too am using the ISU YouTube version.

Last edited:

Sonata

Yes! I thought it might be one of the British Eurosport commentators, just not the one who is always enthused (I assume that’s Chris). Love listening to them both on Eurosport.

shutterbug

CBC is broadcasting and streaming a figure skating special on Boxing Day :cheer2:: The Golden Age of Figure Skating

My TV listings describe it as: "Relive the iconic moments in Canadian figure skating history, including early days on the outdoor ice rinks, the first world championship, and Olympic medal winning teams." Time is a bit unclear, could be late morning or early afternoon, so keep an eye on your local listings.

victorskid

Happily ignoring pontificators & know-it-alls
CBC is broadcasting and streaming a figure skating special on Boxing Day :cheer2:: The Golden Age of Figure Skating

My TV listings describe it as: "Relive the iconic moments in Canadian figure skating history, including early days on the outdoor ice rinks, the first world championship, and Olympic medal winning teams." Time is a bit unclear, could be late morning or early afternoon, so keep an eye on your local listings.
"Road to the Olympic Games" time slot - 1-4 pm ET on December 26th

Skate Talker

Just noticed this listing myself - actually 1-4:30pm CT so another 1/2 hr of greatness - whee looking forward to it.

Anemone

I'm looking forward to it also. Hoping that they do spend more time airing great performances than having analysts talking.

honey

At about an hour in, we’ve seen a decent amount of fluff, minimal chatting with analysts and the following performances:
  • Osmond 2018 worlds LP
  • Osmond 2018 olympics LP
  • Duhamel/Radford 2016 worlds LP
  • Chan 2011 worlds LP
I’m sure there’s more Chan to come, and of course Virtue/Moir.

I don’t mind the fluff in this. A lot of it I hadn’t seen in a long time, so I’m ok with it. Of course there could be more actual skating, but I am rather enjoying this. But maybe it’s the eggnog talking. :p

ETA: oh good god, they’re choosing to show Chan’s 2013 worlds LP. This was three falls wasn’t it?! Why not just show the glorious short?

Last edited:

honey

Things are getting weird now...the Shibutani’s FD from the team event is being shown :lol:. I’m sure they will be thrilled to hear they’re part of Canadian skating history.

Anemone

Agree @honey - why they showed the 2013 long instead of the short is bizarre.
Even more bizarre was when they got to the V/M portion of the program & 2018, they showed the Free Dance from both the Team event and the Dance event. Why not show the short for one of the two? Much as I love V/M and they gave masterful performances, I don't really want to see the same program twice in 10 minutes.

Erin

Agree @honey - why they showed the 2013 long instead of the short is bizarre.
Even more bizarre was when they got to the V/M portion of the program & 2018, they showed the Free Dance from both the Team event and the Dance event. Why not show the short for one of the two? Much as I love V/M and they gave masterful performances, I don't really want to see the same program twice in 10 minutes.

I thought they made a similar odd choice with showing Osmond’s 2018 LP twice in a row. Why not show her short from one of the events (preferably the Olympics where she skated it better). I only made it through the first hour and then needed to do something else as I couldn’t really focus

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information