Canadian Stars on Ice 2019

Skate Talker

Just noticed that SRC Canada is showing 1 hour of Etoiles sur glace 2019 at 7pm CT. I appears to be this year's since it lists Medvedeva - hope some of you see this and have time to catch it. If anyone notices a listing on CBC please let us all know.

Last edited:

Skate Talker

I am watching and indeed it is from the spring tour with Medvedeva, Gilles & Poirier, Kaitlyn & Andrew, Kurt, Kaetlyn Osmond, Elvis, Meghan & Eric, Patrick Chan, Nam... Those whose names I put in bold where specifically named in the intro so I guess Nam won't get a solo shown.

They aired the following - (I will edit in more as they occur)

• Group # - Born This Way (Lady Gaga)
  • Kaetlyn - Proud Mary
  • commercial break
  • Patrick - The Great Escape/To Build a Home
  • commercial break
  • Kaitlyn & Andrew - Uninvited (Alanis Morisette)
  • Evgenia - Beautiful Mess
  • Piper & Paul - Vincent
  • commercial break
  • Kaetlyn - Million Reasons (Lady Gaga)
  • Kaitlyn & Andrew - Groove Me/Land of 1000 Dances (King Floyd/Wilson Pickett
  • Elvis - Simple Man
  • commercial break
  • Meghan & Eric - "and the baby on the way" says one of the hosts, Jacinthe, lol (literally she said "the baby she waits for") - On Our Own
  • Evgenia - 7 Rings (Ariana Grande)
  • Kurt - If You Could Read My Mind (Gordon Lightfoot)
  • Closing credits under collage of what we just saw.

Please note - I did a search for all times for this program but no other times are showing up though my listing only go about 10 days ahead.
A search of Stars On Ice in English did not yield any results so far either. But I just checked CBC website and it is showing up on CBC at 9 pm CT on Monday December 16 - Yeah! Here's the description for the English program -

Stars on Ice (HD) (DV)
Weekly Schedule
Stars on Ice (HD) (DV) next airs on:
No schedule information found for the next 7 days
Stars on Ice features new performances from Olympic & World Champions including, Elvis Stojko, Patrick Chan, Kaetlyn Osmond, Canadian Icon Kurt Browning, and more!

Canadian icons Kurt Browning and Elvis Stojko, Olympic Medalist Evgenia Medvedeva, three-time World Medalists Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje, and more. The 2019 show is a display of unity, as the cast celebrates its capacity to pull together in spite of their inherent differences.

(High Definition where available) (Described Video)
This program belongs to the following categories:

• Special

Love the bit about pullling together. Makes it sound like they don't get along or something.

Last edited:

victorskid

Happily ignoring pontificators & know-it-alls
Stars on Ice plus Piper and Paul were tweeting yesterday about the CBC airing coming up on December 16th.

Skate Talker

English version was the same programs but had no commentators, only a voice over after the opening where he read the names of the skaters while brief clips of them were shown. This time there was no commercial break between Kaetlyn and Patrick but maybe there wasn't one in the French version either?
I was out all afternoon and evening and had set 2 PVR's to record the show as soon as the listing appeared last week, but fortunately I double checked today before leaving the house because they were somehow no longer set to record. It wasn't just me because the same thing happened to my aunt at her house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information