Canadian Ice Dance 2019/2020 season: News and Updates

starrynight

They have not been added to "Rock the Rink" as of yet, I gather?
Not as far as I know. Doing that tour last year ended up causing them a lot of online drama in the end. But who knows if that would affect their decision to do it again. Probably not in the scheme of getting a pay cheque.

alilou

Ubercavorter
Not as far as I know. Doing that tour last year ended up causing them a lot of online drama in the end. But who knows if that would affect their decision to do it again. Probably not in the scheme of getting a pay cheque.
What kind of online drama :confused:

angi

Honestly, it feels like you are overselling the behavior of a few (horrible) internet trolls. W/P seemed to love doing the show, hard to imagine their entire decision-making process being derived by unfortunate online behavior, especially when it's mostly lost in a sea of supportive messages (same goes for them only doing a two months tour they don't really want to do just for "getting a paycheque").

Last edited:

Dobre

I have to agree. We have enough of our own trolls on the boards. There's no need to drag extra ones into the conversation. And there's no such thing as a top dance team that doesn't get negative commentary here, there, or elsewhere from fans of other teams.

It is possible W&P will do the tour, but that is & was always just speculation on our part as observers. It wasn't implied at all in Kaitlyn's message. Perhaps Andrew is getting started on his other plans prior to the start of the tour.

Dobre

Four versions of Cabaret and counting. Curious about the David Bowie FD though. That's a nice stretch from The Greatest Showman.

aml78

Rock the Rink may not be able to afford to add any more skaters to their roster so WeaPo May have missed their opportunity there anyway

RoseRed

Rock the Rink may not be able to afford to add any more skaters to their roster so WeaPo May have missed their opportunity there anyway
Capellini/Lanotte were originally announced for Rock the Rink and then dropped out, so presumably they could afford another team.

angi

That's not true, the tour management account stated several times that more skaters will be announced around August.

puglover

Well I thought they were still adding skaters as well and WeaPo always have great show programs. I really hope they are doing that tour if they are not continuing at all as amateurs.

aml78

That's not true, the tour management account stated several times that more skaters will be announced around August.
Sorry. I didn’t know that. I was just speculating. I wasn’t trying to share false information

Colonel Green

Natalie and Bruce confirmed that they got JGP Latvia on their Instagram Q&A.

2019/20 NextGen ice dance:
  • Isabel McQuilkin & Jake Portz
  • Miku Makita & Tyler Gunara
  • Kiera Kam & Mathew Carter
  • Olivia McIsaac & Corey Circelli
  • Irina Galiyanova & Grayson Lochhead
  • Sophia Kagolovskaya & Kieran MacDonald
  • Emmy Bronsard & Aissa Bouaraguia
  • Nadiia Bashynska & Peter Beaumont
  • Natalie D'Alessandro & Bruce Waddell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)