Canadian Ice Dance 2018-19 season news & updates

Colonel Green

While it is good to be mindful of the future, the focus should be on putting the best possible team forward for JW this year to hopefully get three spots.

Also, Natalie and Bruce always leave points on the table in the RD this season, which is always risky.

Dobre

Yes, congratulations to the top teams at Junior Nationals. That was a huge fight all season long. Send Fabbri & Ayer. They may not get that top-ten spot, but they've been solid for the past two major qualifying competitions in all four portions of the events. And this should be all about trying to get that third spot back for Canada next season. She, at least, has some experience. If they skate like they did at Skate Canada Challenge or Junior Nationals, the top ten is possible. I really don't think the Canadian Fed can afford to mess around here.

barbarafan

Yes, congratulations to the top teams at Junior Nationals. That was a huge fight all season long. Send Fabbri & Ayer. They may not get that top-ten spot, but they've been solid for the past two major qualifying competitions in all four portions of the events. And this should be all about trying to get that third spot back for Canada next season. She, at least, has some experience. If they skate like they did at Skate Canada Challenge or Junior Nationals, the top ten is possible. I really don't think the Canadian Fed can afford to mess around here.

I agree. She is steady as a rock and now the partnership is 8 months old. One important thing is international judges have always recognized Alicia & former&current partner in the PCS dept. They have won the spot fair and square. That being said there is amazing talent right now at the junior level and after Lajoie/Lagha my 2nd fav. free dance is Bruce and Nat's.

Enchanted

^The domestic Canadian competitions have been very lenient with the patterns this season. The junior worlds will be more interesting, in terms of the judging.

Dobre

I think there's no chance Lajoie & Lagha would hit 70 with these mucked up twizzles in an international RD; but they would finish ahead of the teams at this event so it would be much ado about nothing to worry about it. (Scores do run high at Nationals, though I don't think the calls always do with every caller around the world). I do think it's wise to head into the post-season aware of the levels that L&L have been earning internationally. Teams improve throughout the year (and, boy, you don't run across a dance panel as tough as the one at the JGPF every day); but just, perspective-wise, it's good to look at the big picture rather than Nationals when trying to gauge how a team might do and/or what would be a successful outing or set of calls.

Lajoie & Lagha's pattern levels for this season:
JGP Austria 3 & 2
JGP Canada 3 & 3
JGPF 4 & B

Lajoie & Lagha's RD footwork levels for this season:
JGP Austria 2
JGP Canada 3
JGPF 2

Lajoie & Lagha's FD footwork levels for this season:
JGP Austria 2/2 & 3
JGP Canada 3/3 & 3
JGPF 2/2 & 3

Last edited:

puglover

I see Lauren Senft was the caller. I thought she was usually quite tough. Be interesting to see how senior dance is called.

dramagrrl

I was in an Uber today with a driver who, when he heard me talking about figure skating on the phone, mentioned that he had once dated an ice dancer. I asked him what her name was and she was someone whose name almost everyone here would recognize (though she no longer competes). Some of the information he willingly shared about her coach definitely confirmed some things that have been oft rumoured/discussed at FSU... :sekret:

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
I was in an Uber today with a driver who, when he heard me talking about figure skating on the phone, mentioned that he had once dated an ice dancer. I asked him what her name was and she was someone whose name almost everyone here would recognize (though she no longer competes). Some of the information he willingly shared about her coach definitely confirmed some things that have been oft rumoured/discussed at FSU... :sekret:

:confused: Is this supposed to be obvious?

yurokis40

I saw a big improvement in the one foot step sequence for the fd of lajoie and Lagha very fast and close together , the twizzles in the rd were just ok usually this is one of their strong elements.

barbarafan

I saw a big improvement in the one foot step sequence for the fd of lajoie and Lagha very fast and close together , the twizzles in the rd were just ok usually this is one of their strong elements.
It seems to me that this outing in some areas were not as strong as last outing...I am not sure if it would JGP final or maybe instagram where is saw it. Anyways they were still amazing and I hope they have saved the best for last...JW.

barbarafan

Y'all saw posts #263 and 264, right?

It was a guess so I don't know if it is right. The only think I know of in that situation I read here. Vanessa was very sick while they trained for Olympics..Vanessa asked Paul to change coaches (never read why)he went running to Carol and Vanessa was dumped. She did not find anyone local and when later on she tried out in the States both US fed and Cdn fed refused to release either skater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information