Boyang Jin cheer thread!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I hope he skates well at worlds. When I saw him in 2016, he has no artistry and his quads were flawed, except for the 4Lz. The very next year he was a different skater, with much improved artistry. I really liked his skate in the 2018 Olympics. I have missed seeing him this season.

livetoskate

Yeah, Boyang did great! His technique is excellent and even though he didn't land his quad lutz cleanly, the height and distance is amazing even while watching on a computer! I was a little worried after reading the sort of sad article about how he didn't go to Canada to train with Brian Orser, but his competitive fire is still going strong.

barbarafan

Yeah, Boyang did great! His technique is excellent and even though he didn't land his quad lutz cleanly, the height and distance is amazing even while watching on a computer! I was a little worried after reading the sort of sad article about how he didn't go to Canada to train with Brian Orser, but his competitive fire is still going strong.
I wish he had come as well, but it is such a huge change and leaving family so I totally understand. That have such a good setup there for every facet..Maybe he will at some point.

Japanfan

He is always much stronger in the 2nd half of the season. I think he is the biggest threat to the podium favorites - Hanyu, Chen, Uno, and he is the strongest of the dark horses.

And well-positioned to hit his peak in 2022 at home. Same with S/H IMO, providing they stay injury-free. S/H have yet to create a signature program, and I hope they are saving that for 2022.

skateboy

Congratulations to Boyang on his first GP gold medal! Here's his winning FS from Cup of China:

And, maybe I'm in the minority, but I like his somewhat crazy hairstyle!

Japanfan

Wonderful. I feel like watching it over and over again, and it's not being performed in competition. Boyang will stop at nothing in order to contend for Gold at upcoming worlds and Beijing 2020. Good for him, and I sure do wish him the best of luck.

Congratulations to Boyang on his first GP gold medal! Here's his winning FS from Cup of China:

And, maybe I'm in the minority, but I like his somewhat crazy hairstyle!

Again, wonderful. And Boyang can wear his hair however he likes, IMO. A few years ago, he was primarily a skater with jumping talent and a quirky personality. He's growing up. And this program is further evidence that he will stop at nothing in aspiring to be a contender for Gold in Beijing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information