Big Brother 23

Susan1

I'm trying to catch up. (I didn't watch and then deleted the last 7 shows from last season.) I just watched Sundays episode. Whatever his name is (I forgot already) nominated two people on the same team. If either one wins the veto, that person would be safe and they could take the other person off the block? So neither one could go home? And he'd have to nominate two new people? I'll have to watch yesterday's episode to see what happened, but am I getting that right?

ETA - Never mind. I just thought about this. If somebody else wins the veto and takes someone off the block, the veto winner cannot be put on the block in there place. Somebody on the block would have to win it to keep themselves safe. Duh. I'm tired of thinking.

Last edited:

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I find Britini annoying in general. I wouldn't hate it if she goes home soon.
Yeah, she's not winning any fans from what I've seen and read about her. If X and his allies weren't so focused on blindsiding Brent this week, I'd say Britini has a real chance of leaving the house. As it is, she'll be gone soon since she is getting on everyone's nerves.

smurfy

Not a bad season so far. 2 white guys gone and most likely a 3rd. Glad with the first 2 boots.
Both Brent and Britni are annoying- can it be a double eviction week?
Britni is so over the top in her reactions and talks like she is a great player, but have not seen much.
I am liking Tiffany so far - she seems able to read people, is nice, getting along with many. I could see her going far as she is smart and appears to be perceived a bit under the radar in the right way, but I think she is constantly playing.
SaraBeth is another one that folks seem to like and not seen as a threat and is no dummy.
I was liking Azah at first, but she was way too upset about Britini being nom again. She seems very nice, but maybe not for this game.
Derek X, Kyland and Claire and Xavier seem like nice enough and are playing well so far.
Whitni - may seem different once Brent is gone.
Alyssa, Christian, Derek F, - seem useless so far. Derek F may have some game in him.
I assume by next week at least one of these folks I like will annoy me.
But I am distracted by the Olympics.

Karen-W

Not a bad season so far. 2 white guys gone and most likely a 3rd. Glad with the first 2 boots.
Both Brent and Britni are annoying- can it be a double eviction week?
Britni is so over the top in her reactions and talks like she is a great player, but have not seen much.
I am liking Tiffany so far - she seems able to read people, is nice, getting along with many. I could see her going far as she is smart and appears to be perceived a bit under the radar in the right way, but I think she is constantly playing.
SaraBeth is another one that folks seem to like and not seen as a threat and is no dummy.
I was liking Azah at first, but she was way too upset about Britini being nom again. She seems very nice, but maybe not for this game.
Derek X, Kyland and Claire and Xavier seem like nice enough and are playing well so far.
Whitni - may seem different once Brent is gone.
Alyssa, Christian, Derek F, - seem useless so far. Derek F may have some game in him.
I assume by next week at least one of these folks I like will annoy me.
But I am distracted by the Olympics.
I'm also distracted by the Olympics so I'm grateful for a relatively drama-free feeds week. The HGs have Brent completely convinced that Britini's going on Thursday. I hope they can keep their mouths shut and let the blindside happen.

canbelto

This season is so dull. Thank god I've got the Olys because the feeds are so dead.

smurfy

I am enjoying this season, watching each episode, but not looking online much. Wonder if just general boredom.
I find many people are actually playing. The useless people seem to be Big D, Azah and Britini.
Christian in an exit interview called Big D a Floater. Azah thinks she is in camp and Britini with her over the top reactions and talk about playing hard - I was shocked she won the veto.
Tiffany could be in trouble and I do like her.
I don't hate anyone that is left, just the 3 I mentioned just seem not involved.
Some of the discussions show on tv have been interesting in how many people are hashing out things.
One thing that is odd - other than Big D with Tiffany - everyone seems to get along pretty well - and keeping game separate from person. Or I am just reading enough online.

Karen-W

I am enjoying this season, watching each episode, but not looking online much. Wonder if just general boredom.
I find many people are actually playing. The useless people seem to be Big D, Azah and Britini.
Christian in an exit interview called Big D a Floater. Azah thinks she is in camp and Britini with her over the top reactions and talk about playing hard - I was shocked she won the veto.
Tiffany could be in trouble and I do like her.
I don't hate anyone that is left, just the 3 I mentioned just seem not involved.
Some of the discussions show on tv have been interesting in how many people are hashing out things.
One thing that is odd - other than Big D with Tiffany - everyone seems to get along pretty well - and keeping game separate from person. Or I am just reading enough online.
Azah also doesn't really care for Tiffany.

The feeds this week, right after the Olympics ended, were very lively.

Ky is starting to get messy with his game but as long as Hannah & Tiff remain loyal to the Cookout for F6, he should be safe, which isn't good for Tiff or Hannah's chances at winning.

canbelto

I like Tiffany a lot but she's awful at challenges (she loses even when people are trying to throw it to her) which won't be good for her endgame.

Also it looks like she's being increasingly left out of a suballiance within the CO which is the dudebro alliance between Xavier and Kyland with their two parachutes Alyssa and Sarah Beth.

Maybe she can organize an army with Claire, Hannah, and Derek Xiao, but I don't see that group beating Xavier/Ky/Alyssa in challenges.

Karen-W

I like Tiffany a lot but she's awful at challenges (she loses even when people are trying to throw it to her) which won't be good for her endgame.

Also it looks like she's being increasingly left out of a suballiance within the CO which is the dudebro alliance between Xavier and Kyland with their two parachutes Alyssa and Sarah Beth.

Maybe she can organize an army with Claire, Hannah, and Derek Xiao, but I don't see that group beating Xavier/Ky/Alyssa in challenges.
Ky, Xavier and Derek F have a F3 agreement. They're cutting the girls as soon as they get the Cookout to F6 and I don't see any way of Tiff or Hannah breaking that up unless one of them wins the F6 HOH and puts 2 of the guys on the block with the potential veto renom being the 3rd guy, thus ensuring that at least one of the strong guys goes out at F6.

Derek F is the weakest link in the CO - he's wanted to drop out of it since last week and Azah has talked him out of it at least once, but Ky is being really messy with this HOH and he's losing the trust of the rest of the CO (there was a brief conversation tonight between Azah & Derek F where she pointed out how Ky is trying to play the game for his personal benefit and not necessarily for the benefit of the whole CO and putting the rest of them in a position where they might have to show their hand/expose the CO; and Tiff/Hannah have had a couple of conversations in the last 24 hours - one going on right now actually - about how they do not trust Ky in power).

It's really going to depend, I think, on how loyal the 6 remain to the CO.

smurfy

In some ways this season is not the most exciting, but it is also nice that it is a group of people that genuinely get along and none of the junior high type cliques - that I can see. I wish they had less comps, just HOH and veto, and show more of the conversations. Many seem to be really talking game and thinking many steps ahead, compared to other years.
Of the people left - right now I only care that Derek F and Azah don't win - as they pale in game play to all the others.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
In some ways this season is not the most exciting, but it is also nice that it is a group of people that genuinely get along and none of the junior high type cliques - that I can see. I wish they had less comps, just HOH and veto, and show more of the conversations. Many seem to be really talking game and thinking many steps ahead, compared to other years.
Of the people left - right now I only care that Derek F and Azah don't win - as they pale in game play to all the others.
It's funny, we used to see so many (lame) conversations and sitting around doing nothing during the early seasons of Big Brother because of the lack of competitions, and now there are so many that we really don't see much of the scheming. CBS wants to always show the heart-to-hearts and big social issue moments, which is good, but it takes away from the actual flow of the game. If you're just watching the broadcasts, it's almost impossible to keep up with everything happening.

The season is meh for me. I like the majority of the cast, but agree that Derek F and Azah don't add anything to the competition and will likely be pulled along as extra numbers and probably used as numbers in sub-groups if and when the cookout does get down to 6. If the cookout stays together, Azah and Derek would actually be smartest I think to pull two others at 7 left into a group of 4 (by getting into the HOH's ear), but they don't make any game moves so I would expect this kind of thinking from Tiffany or Hannah instead.

Kyland is playing way too many sides and has really, really fallen out of favor. I still love the way Tiffany thinks and plays but I think she shared too much in terms of getting everyone aligned and now everyone knows she's a mastermind. Hannah knows the game inside out and I'm hoping she and Tiffany stick together until the end anyways.

I had small hopes of this week really getting things switched up, and I think the only way I'm going to end up happy is if
Derek X gets picked for and wins veto, and saves Claire, but it doesn't seem like he would do that anyways. The best move would've been for Alyssa, who is being used as an extra number by the cookout anyways, to save Claire with the power she won this week, Xavier would still be randomly chosen to go up, and then the veto winner keep nominations the same. Just one little twist where two cookout members are up together, especially someone like Xavier, and this game is blown wide open most likely.

Sparks

A lot has happened since yesterday. Look at Hamsterwatch for an update.
Veto players were chosen this morning. It doesn't look good for
Claire or DX

canbelto

Tiffany is going to have to win challenges if she wants to get to the end. So far she's lost challenges even when CO members were trying to throw to her.

Sparks

If Ky really wanted to throw it to Tiff, he would have buzzed in with the wrong answer.

canbelto

Tiff also needs to get over her little personal vendettas like her hate-boner for Sarah Beth.

Susan1

I forgot about football Sundays now and missed the last 10 minutes of Sunday's show I was watching just now. I did find a recap to see who won the coin of destiny.

smurfy

I have mixed feelings. Impressed that the Cookout got to the final 6.
But this being BB - how much was production messing around and planting seeds - to make ensure this final 6.
But I was rooting for an all girl alliance of Tiffany, Claire, Hannah and Alyssa.
Azah and Big D - what have they done. I read at Jokers Big D realizes he has no allies in the jury house.
Now Kyland is HOH. Uggh if it is all guys at the end.
To me the best players are Tiffany and Xavier. I have not read enough online - but Hannah is smart and is instrumental in some moves - not sure to her extent. The remaining 3 do not deserve to win.

Also it does seem like people get along pretty well, in comparison to other seasons. No junior high cliques.

smurfy

Deserving winner with 2 floaters at the end.
If Azah had won final HOH and booted X - that would have been amazing to see.
But I just do not like Big D - so self important. The way he treated Azah at the end was just bad. With friends like that, who needs enemies.
Not a bad cast this season, a nice group of people, no bullies, junior high nonsense.
So glad Tiff won AFP.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
I thought it was a great cast this year! Almost no junior high drama and bullying, which was a nice change and really refreshing. A nice group who genuinely seemed to get along well.
X was the clear winner and I was rooting for him, but it would have been kind of amazing to see Azah boot him at the end and turn the game upside down. Although, at the same time, I really respect her for saying she would take X to the end because he deserved more than third place. Really classy.
The less said about Derek F, the better. Really, the one player I didn't like this season. And he seemed pretty sure he'd be AFP, so definitely some self-delusion there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information