Bachelor Colton

Rob

Beach Bum
Anyone watching? I started watching the episode when I got home from a retirement dinner so I was tired but the format with the live audience was really putting me to sleep.

Catherine M

I bailed on the episode as I was really into the Clemson/Bama National championship game but did follow along on my twitter feed on what was going on and EVERYONE hated the live watch parties. And people were still mad/sad that Jason or Blake didn't get the gig and were trotted out to Lansing, Michigan of all places.

The spoilers are really :eek: for the season so I might start watching next week. Or in a few weeks when the herd thins out and they go overseas, as the travel places this year are really good.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I don't watch the show but I read this thread religiously. (You guys are way better than the show and I want to be able to participate in "water cooler" talk about it. :D )

Anyway, all this to say, can you refresh my memory about Colton and why he was picked? I remember people saying "hope they don't pick Colton" but not why.

Catherine M

Anyway, all this to say, can you refresh my memory about Colton and why he was picked? I remember people saying "hope they don't pick Colton" but not why.

Colton is a former football player (lasted like 5 seconds in the NFL) that dated Aly Reisman for awhile and then went on Bachelorette Becca's and Bachelor in Paradise the last year and is known for being a virgin. And very, very, very desperate to be on a TeeVee near you.

I'm not a fan at all, especially when there was Jason from Becca's season, a successful banker that screams "Bachelor" when you think what the premise of this show started out to be: a rich, single guy looking for love. But that ship has sailed and now only "stories" like Colton the virgin get cast for the lead.

RoseRed

Colton is a former football player (lasted like 5 seconds in the NFL) that dated Aly Reisman for awhile and then went on Bachelorette Becca's and Bachelor in Paradise the last year and is known for being a virgin. And very, very, very desperate to be on a TeeVee near you.

I'm not a fan at all, especially when there was Jason from Becca's season, a successful banker that screams "Bachelor" when you think what the premise of this show started out to be: a rich, single guy looking for love. But that ship has sailed and now only "stories" like Colton the virgin get cast for the lead.
I have to say, although I liked Jason on the show, he was really annoying me as one of the hosts of the watch parties last night. And if you're going to say that Colton really wants to be on TV, I'd add that Jason seemed to be campaigning pretty hard for Bachelor himself.

Reactions: Rob

ilovepaydays

Didn’t Colton, while being on The Bachelorette, talk about a relationship that went badly for him and a lot of people thought it was about Aly? That would’ve not been classy, even if she was awful towards him.

Bonita

I was so underwhelmed by last night and all the watch parties and other drivel. Glad I DVRd it.

Catherine M

I have to say, although I liked Jason on the show, he was really annoying me as one of the hosts of the watch parties last night. And if you're going to say that Colton really wants to be on TV, I'd add that Jason seemed to be campaigning pretty hard for Bachelor himself.

Oh yeah, Jason has done a 180 since the show finished airing as (1) he's actively pursing opportunities besides banking and (2) he's been very public about his pursuit of Kaitlyn now that she's free.

But I still think he or Blake would have been a much better choice as the lead than Colton. Guess we'll never know unless one of them get a chance ala Nick and Arie.

Catherine M

How does anyone really know he is a virgin?

We don't.

I listen to Juliet Litman's Bachelor Party podcast on the Ringer and she said yesterday that she's been told he is and she's pretty connected with the producers. When she was asked if she believed that, she said yes and her bs meter is pretty strong. Just throwing that out there.

TheGirlCanSkate

I watched but fast forwarded all the watch parties after the hot tub scene. It just grossed me out.

I picked who got the special rose. I could tell he has a very specific type - petite, doe-y eyed innocent-seeming girls. Catherine is producer's pick. My kiddo said he "likes lambs, not lions". The sloth joke went on WAAAAY too long.

I'm so tired of them talking about virginity - I think though the cupcake comments were funny - that girl is a story.

I cannot understand one of the Alabamas. I think she must be related to Boomhauer from King of the Hill. I had to put on subtitles. Roll tide, lol.

Rob

Beach Bum
Is anyone else falling asleep this season? Colton is the most boring Bachelor since Ben F. l can barely pay attention.

I Luv Bulldogs

Is anyone else falling asleep this season? Colton is the most boring Bachelor since Ben F. l can barely pay attention.

Yep, very zzzzzz so far.

I watched Temptation Island last night . . . . So much trainwreck potential with a side of sleaze :) just the way I like my reality TV.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I was a big fan of Temptation Island back in the day, and this week's reboot did not disappoint. If Colton is boring you, I'd say that 4 dysfunctional couples, 12 backstabbing single girls and 12 horny single guys might be just what you need, and so far at least, not a virgin among them :)

Tuesdays at 10 on USA, E! in Canada

Jenny

From the Bloc
Temptation Island is awesome! It has all the serious couples-at-the-crossroads stuff from the first incarnation, but now the 24 tempers are also "looking for love," whereas before they were really just props to mess up the couples. Now in ep 2 we already have several of the 12 girls fighting over the 4 couple guys, much tears, lots of crazy, and somehow the serious relationship angle fits right in. All filmed on Maui, not like the first one on some semi-grubby beach, they're in mansions this time :)

Winnipeg

Have not watched Colton based on what I read here and based on his persona on the last show. Not to be critical but an adult male virgin over 25 just seems a tad offing for some unknown reason.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I wonder how many of these virgins are actually not engaging in any sex acts at all. I know people who consider themselves virgins because they "didn't put it in all the way" which is ridiculous. More common are ones that definitely don't engage in a direct sex act but do engage in mutual masterbation, oral sex, etc. I tend to think that if you'd have orgasms with your SO that you might as well actually be having sex and calling yourself a virgin is trading on a technicality.

I had a HS roommate who lost her virginity years before I did who claimed she didn't believe in pre-marital sex. I asked her about it one time and she said that she and her boyfriend at the time were "married in the eyes of God". Um, okay.

• Haha
Reactions: KCC

Rob

Beach Bum
Anyone still hanging on? I caught up on the last couple of episodes last night. Its pretty boring.
I was surprised he kept Kirpa and took her for the one on one over Demi who was making better TV moments. Thought the producers would work that one.

Bonita

I'm watching and I have no idea why, LOL. It's good drivel as background when I'm cooking/putting laundry away, etc.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Why would a dude say he's a virgin, when he's not?
1) To stand out in a crowded Bachelorette field
2) Because in his community it's expected of him and he feels peer pressure to conform to that
3) He thinks it will turn women on

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information