As the Page Turns (the Book Thread)

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
I read 2 suspense/thriller novels back to back and enjoyed both of them enough to recommend them.

The first, One By One by Ruth Ware is based on the good old fashioned stuck in an isolated place with no one to rescue them and people getting murdered premise. The twist is that most of the people work in a start up (and one whose existence I could understand and believe in), so everyone is young and beautiful and ambitious.

The second, Goodnight Beautiful by Aimee Molloy is a variant of the currently in fashion unreliable narrator premise. You think you know everything that's going on and then whoops, you're completely wrong, and then whoops again, thus making it a book whose plot is hard to reveal without stepping into Spoilerland. I can say it's about a newly married couple who have moved out of New York City to the vicinity of Kingston, NY and the husband is a psychologist. After that, you're on your own.

Both authors are clearly smart and both understand up down and sideways the genre they're writing in (and gently making fun of). If you're attracted to short, both books are short (Goodnight Beautiful is real short). They're entertaining reads.

Jenny

From the Bloc
The first, One By One by Ruth Ware is based on the good old fashioned stuck in an isolated place with no one to rescue them and people getting murdered premise. The twist is that most of the people work in a start up (and one whose existence I could understand and believe in), so everyone is young and beautiful and ambitious.
I have that waiting for when it's snowy and I can curl up and read it in one sitting :)

canbelto

ANyone read Obama's memoir yet? I usually avoid political memoirs like the plague but I might make an exception for Obama.

Susan1

Geez, the other day one of my books said due on November 27 with no renewals. I just looked again to see which one it was to try to read this weekend and they all say 3 or 4 renewals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information