Anton Sikharulidze interview

Perky Shae Lynn

I met him in person after a show in Sun Valley. I gave him roses and he gave those to Elena (I saw her carrying those later) He was very polite and nice, and incredibly handsome (he was not very photogenic, so he looked better in person than on TV).
I met him in person too, and was also struck by how good looking he was. Elena was like a little doll. I miss them.

lala

I wonder how many people like the party story... I don't like if anybody ruins a room..

Last edited:

Limonite

THANK YOU for translating this wonderful interview! a few weeks ago I used Bing translator to read it but I just missed so many words that I ended up confused and frustrated. There's a lot of good stuff in it but my favorite part is him talking about giving Elena the credit for his skating :).

Tinami Amori

THANK YOU for translating this wonderful interview! a few weeks ago I used Bing translator to read it but I just missed so many words that I ended up confused and frustrated. There's a lot of good stuff in it but my favorite part is him talking about giving Elena the credit for his skating :).
:D he should, in a team at least one person must stay sober (i mean literally)... :D

Last edited:

Limonite

I am surprised that you recommended The Second Mark. I had read it long ago so my memory is not sharp but I remember feeling very upset that the writer had painted Anton as the incompetent partner who always made mistakes. That book was very negative where B&S were concerned. There were some errors in the information presented as well. It has been a long time since I submitted my (negative) review to Amazon. So I don't remember all the details but I remember her writing that B&S lost the OGM in 98 because of Anton's mistake In the SP (that was incorrect). IIRC she blamed him for the fall at the end of the LP. The book was also very pro- S&P, like they could do nothing wrong.
I finished The Second Mark a few days ago; I read an article about the author so I knew she was pro S&P, but still I decided to buy it because I wanted to know more about B&S lives. My main complain is how little information the book gives about Anton's life :confused:. She talks extensively about the other five skaters (and coaches), but not enough about him. Does she have something against him? it was very disappointing because I like Sikharulidze a lot :wall: .

Japanfan

As for the 98 Olympics, there were two mistakes - Anton's fall on the triple toe in the short and then the fall at the end of the free and I think those two falls together made them lose the gold.

IIRC K/D skated a brilliant and clean LP. And she had trouble getting into her death spiral in the SP.

I was still fairly new to FS, but recall commentators indicating that B/S were the favorites, and rooting for K/D.

Limonite

They was a Russian movie that featured their story, never could find subtitles for it though https://youtu.be/HufBTLOReRU?t=41 The girl playing Elena was Staviski's Ice Age partner.
Yes, the movie is "Champions", and the story of B&S is one of the five presented in it. I've found some documentaries and interviews on Youtube about Elena & Anton; I wish I knew some Russian to understand them :(.

Sylvia

TBD
Interview with Anton Sikharulidze [Dec. 15, 2017]:
https://www.sport-express.ru/friday...za-vora-kogda-lez-v-okno-k-berezhnoy-1348791/
Q: Tamara Moskvina told us: "When Anton was in Duma (Russian Parliament), I never asked him for anything. The idea of a figure skating club with my name is an entirely his initiative." Where did the idea come from?
A: I always knew that Tamarochka needed her own nest. I was wondering why no one in Saint Petersburg had thought about it before or wasn't willing to invest the money. Moskvina indeed didn't ask for anything. I think she was even ready to work for free. I once had a business meeting with Miller (the head of Gazprom), then we started talking charity matters. Alexey Borisovich (Miller) started talking about Tamarochka — they went to the same school in the Nevsky district. He said as an aside that they were building a rink there, and it hit me — why not to make Moskvina's school?
Q: Did you invest your money into the project?
A: Miller and Gazprom provided an ice rink. The city covers the communalities. Our Gazenergoservis pays for everything else. Equipment, costumes, medical insurance, additional lessons — that makes quite a lot.
Q: No there are mostly unknown skaters training there.
A: We could poach the most promising juniors in the city. But we decided against it. It's more honest. We don't have to provide a certain number of medals by tomorrow. If there are new champions, that will be great. But the most important thing is to pass Tamara's knowledge, to preserve the traditions.
I re-posted this October 2017 link in another thread and then remembered this interview thread and thought it would be appropriate to bump up as well:
"Visiting Tamara Moskvina" - an article about Moskvina's new school in St Petersburg with great photos inside :respec:
https://www.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/reviews/v-gostyah-u-tamary-moskvinoy-1322245/

It was Sikharulidze's idea to open new school in St Petersburg (he is a deputy). Oleg Vasiliev and Elena Berezhnaya works there even though Elena doesn't have her own students yet. Tamara invited Urmanov as well but he said that he is fine in Sochi and doesn't wasn't to come back to St Petersburg.

Rina RUS

This is a man who truly knows how to party properly. I laughed so hard at that. Trashing a room with broken glassware and bottles and cigarette burn holes is standard fare, but for an entire sofa to disappear and never be seen again? This is another level. Wonder what happened to it.

:) If I'm not wrong, "pufik" never means a big sofa. "Pufik" is a soft stool. Not easy to carry, but not very big. Something like this:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71QMAq8CXbL._SL1024_.jpg
A dictionary translates it as an "ottoman" or a "pouf".

(yes, sorry, I saw this interview only today)

Rina RUS

I don't like if anybody ruins a room..

:) Oh, if you were speaking about this room not long ago, I see, that we don't know who "ruined the room", we only know, that Sikharulidze and Yagudin are those who paid for everything. And those who let "40 people or so" enter.

(yes, sorry, I saw this interview only today)

Limonite

I can’t believe this thread is still alive.
I'm happy this thread is still alive :D ...I love this guy. One thing I would like is to see how his 2 sons look like. There are a lot of pics of Elena's kids around the web but none of Anton's. He is very private when it comes to his family I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information