Anna Duskova / Martin Bidar split announced; both aim to continue with new partners

Sylvia

TBD
Press release in Czech: http://www.czechskating.org/clanek/...e-krasobrusleni-by-mohlo-ziskat-dva-nove-pary
(Google translation to English)

... Anna Dušková and Martin Bidař officially announced the end of the joint training. Sports couples parted and each partner sought to set up a new sports couple. While Anna Dušková will train mainly in Prague and with the selection of a partner, Martin Bidař wants to train more abroad in the new Olympic round. Eva Horklová's coaches have different training and career goals.

"Martin is already mature, so he can move on to the world. I want to combine sports and study duties at home," said Anna Dušková. For Martin Bidar, the priority is more frequent stay abroad. "I feel that every experience I bring from abroad, mainly from Canada, can move me a lot. But I understand Anicka, who still has to think a lot about how to put everything together with the study plan, "he says, of course, that they are both aware of the risks of building a new couple.

"We respect the decisions of our representatives. On the one hand, they were very hopeful, on the other, but they are aimed at creating two sporting pairs, which can have a very good performance, "Vera Tauchmanová, chairwoman of the Czech Figure Skating Federation, commented on the decision of Dušková and Bidar.

"It's a difficult way. It does not have to come out. But we will try to maximally support any newly created pairs, "said Stanislav Židek, CCP vice-chairman and chairman of the CCP coaching committee. The first test is the performance test for the figure skating this August. If they want to compete in the first half of the season, the pair must be introduced already. And that's not going to be easy.

"It's a short time, of course, but we have a coach with a partner and we will soon announce who it is," said A. Dušková. "It's not a competition to find one's partner before, but the fact is, I want to get clear about as fast as Anička," added M. Bidar.

According to the CCP, it is necessary for both pairs to be introduced at the latest in the Czech Championship. "Otherwise, they would not be able to nominate for key competitions and would lose the whole season," explained S. Žídek. According to him, however, Anna Dušková and Martin Bidař have shown a strong will to race and perform high quality performances under difficult conditions.

The news was first posted several hours ago in the OES News thread by @synchrogirl17 here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/oes-news-2017-2018.101536/page-4#post-5355052
(I thought this unexpected news deserved its own GSD thread.)

ETA that both have posted messages on their IG accounts:

Anna: https://www.instagram.com/p/BiEiWPsjwrV/?taken-by=aninka_duskova
Martin: https://www.instagram.com/p/BiEmjMtjHXS/?taken-by=minibidos13

Last edited:

SamuraiK

:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed They were sooo promising.

At least it was a friendly break up and both are planning to continue.

Any guesses about Anna's new partner. My bet is either Belohradsky or Kotlarik.

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
I'm so disappointed!! I really liked them a lot, they had so much potential together.

i hope this works out for the best for the both of them, but I will be sad not to see them in future seasons together - I think they easily could have started to move up the ranks.

Hanna

Skating junkie
I thought they were safe, because there's no other Czech pairs skaters on their level. Apparently I was wrong.
Same. :wuzrobbed They were one of my favorites for the future and I can't help thinking what maybe could've been and whether the new pairings will work out. OTOH I guess the best scenario is that we'll somehow end up with two really good pairs now. :kickass: In any case, best of luck to both & thanks for the memories! :)

Tinami Amori

very curious to see how new partnerships will work out for these two skaters. I can see Bidar pairing up with a strong lady skater and doing quite well. Anna, i thought she needed a lot of polishing in certain aspects, but was good too.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
What have you done baby Czech :wuzrobbed So much promises from those two. I wish them the best obviously but I was so ready to uber them especially now that S/M might retire.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
It sounds like it is more his decision than hers. He wants to move to Canada. She wants to stay in Prague to study and train. I can understand her hesitation in not wanting to move that far, but he wants to see the world and grow in a different direction. Sad for the unrealized potential, but that's life.

Tinami Amori

Am i the only one who thinks that Bidar is a better more graceful skater with bigger potentials than Duskova? (not trying to stir things up, sincere question based on observation).

IloveFS

I am surprised by this split because this team seemed to have everything going for them!

If he does want to move to Canada, do you think that he might team up with Lubov or dare I say Kirsten?

DimaToe

Retired by Frank Carroll
Am i the only one who thinks that Bidar is a better more graceful skater with bigger potentials than Duskova? (not trying to stir things up, sincere question based on observation).

Your observation is correct but he and Duskova could have gone far, at this point he might have to settle for a B or C team North American pairs skater, maybe Duskova wasn’t up to his level (yet) but she is still a quality skater, and they were from the same country which these days it is pure luck if you can find a suitable partner with mutual citizenship.I don’t believe that they had to move to Canada full time to make it big and to become one of the contenders in pairs skating.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Your observation is correct but he and Duskova could have gone far, at this point he might have to settle for a B or C team North American pairs skater, maybe Duskova wasn’t up to his level (yet) but she is still a quality skater, and they were from the same country which these days it is pure luck if you can find a suitable partner with mutual citizenship.I don’t believe that they had to move to Canada full time to make it big and to become one of the contenders in pairs skating.
I can see him with Luba....:D

hanca

Values her privacy
I disagree. He is probably slightly more polished, but I would bet more on her being succesful in the future rather than him. I can’t explain why, but I think she is more serious about her skating career.

barbarafan

I disagree. He is probably slightly more polished, but I would bet more on her being succesful in the future rather than him. I can’t explain why, but I think she is more serious about her skating career.

I see where you are going. Her beauty of lines and effortless lightness will catch the eyes of judges. Amazing how she was able to push herself to be able to do those difficult programs so soon after surgery. She is strong of mind and body. Hope she has found someone who is a great pair guy and more important a wonderful person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information