Aljona Savchenko interview

aftershocks

Banned Member
Thank you, @marie1616! I really like Aljona's new haircut. She looks very happy. đź’ś

ETA:
As she turns her head slightly during the interview, I can detect that Aljona does not have a haircut. It looks like she pulled her hair back in a low ponytail at her neck, with a tuft of hair sticking up at her forehead. It resembles a short cut though the way it is styled.

Re the question about their future plans, Aljona's response is interesting. I get the feeling that Aljona is more keen on looking to possibly come back to compete than Bruno actually is.

Wow, that was quite the full-on ringing endorsement of John Wilson Blades by Aljona! And it sounded very completely and genuinely sincere. She won't skate with any other blades. She references the 'quality' and the ability to 'skate like butter' with Classic John Wilson Blades. "It's true," says Aljona. "They're just the best... Now I get Gold JW Blades, and they're even better..."

Last edited:

Golden1

Thanks for this link. I adore Aljona and she seems to be really happy and content. The interview was good, I liked the questions and how detailed she answered them. I had to chuckle at her plans of doing the next Olympics. Her drive is unbelievable. I hope her wishes come true and after winning a second gold medal I would like for her to stay in Oberstdorf and bring our German skating team back into shape and create some winners. We definitely need someone like her. It would be great if we could see one of her coaching sessions with the young girls.
On a different note: I always thought she and Liam spoke English with each other but her English seems to be kind of "rusty" in interviews or is this just my impression?

rhapsody

Thanks for this link. I adore Aljona and she seems to be really happy and content. The interview was good, I liked the questions and how detailed she answered them. I had to chuckle at her plans of doing the next Olympics. Her drive is unbelievable. I hope her wishes come true and after winning a second gold medal I would like for her to stay in Oberstdorf and bring our German skating team back into shape and create some winners. We definitely need someone like her. It would be great if we could see one of her coaching sessions with the young girls.
On a different note: I always thought she and Liam spoke English with each other but her English seems to be kind of "rusty" in interviews or is this just my impression?

In one of her interviews with TSL, he made an appearance and I believe he said he was fluent in German.

annie_mg

Her English was always like that though, it's not because you have a British husband that your level suddenly sky rockets, especially if she speaks German with everyone else.

I chuckled at her answers regarding the next Olympics too. In my opinion, even if she wants to come back (and that's a big IF, babies really have a way of changing your perspective), I don't think Bruno will find the drive to bring himself up to their 2018 level, especially without JFB. It must be so, so hard to repeat something without the person who brought you there first.

Amy L

You can hear both the German and Ukranian accents in her voice, it makes her sound so unique. Did she primarily learn English after she moved to Germany? It sounds more like she translates German to English than Russian to English.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Her English was always like that though, it's not because you have a British husband that your level suddenly sky rockets, especially if she speaks German with everyone else.

I chuckled at her answers regarding the next Olympics too. In my opinion, even if she wants to come back (and that's a big IF, babies really have a way of changing your perspective), I don't think Bruno will find the drive to bring himself up to their 2018 level, especially without JFB. It must be so, so hard to repeat something without the person who brought you there first.

Babies certainly do change you and your life. I chuckle when newly pregnant women say "And this baby is not going to change a thing. He/She will fit right into our normal routines and plans"................Riiiiight

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information