Aljona Savchenko has been released to the USA to continue her pairs career

Status
Not open for further replies.

pairboyparent

There is audio. You can hear at one point TJ say something like it's better for him if she waits til I finish the turn. That's a rough recollection of one viewing. But if it makes you feel better I don't see anything in the lift video that is concerning other than the fact I don't know if Aljona's wrist is up to the task.

But if you are the parent of pair boy in question you might need to thicken your skin if you are going to follow along in here ;)
Thanks for the advice. I’ve been around figure skating and it’s drama for a very long time. Your “pair boy in question comment” is for stirring up nonsense. I think I can handle it 😂😂😂😂

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Thanks for the advice. I’ve been around figure skating and it’s drama for a very long time. Your “pair boy in question comment” is for stirring up nonsense. I think I can handle it 😂😂😂😂
Good to know, it wasn't clear from your previous posts ;). I shall leave you to it!

pairboyparent

Do you expect figure skating fans to be ecstatic that one of the GOAT is flushing her reputation and career down the toilet by teaming up with a rapist? :lol:
I believe that is her choice and I don’t think you know for a fact that he’s a “rapist”. But it’s fun to perpetuate rumors isn’t it? The details get juicier as the posts continue. So exciting, right?

PairSkater12345

Aljona's body language in this clip is like entirely different from the one we are used to from her while practising with Robin or Bruno. She'd never ever allow anyone to lecture her like that, not even Ingo Steuer, which is why they were constantly fighting.

That's an interesting nickname you have. Am I talking to Mr. or Mrs Nyman here?
Well they look rusty. The reverse lasso is a basic lift for that level. The exit was funny to watch as well. Both look untrained and out of skating shape.

pairboyparent

You're clearly new, entering into an online community where the posters here have interacted for years. Feel free to express your condescending point of view that lacks any establishment of knowledge or understanding. Without that, you're going to be dismissed (and rightfully so.)
I’m not trying to be condescending and I think friendly debate is great. Sometime this forum, however, can be very nasty and some of the post are simply untrue. Does perpetuating lies make you an expert?

skylark

Why are TJ and Dalilah lecturing Aliona on how to do lifts? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
The lift I saw them practicing is not one that I've seen Aljona do with any of her other partners. Maybe listening while learning is one of her strengths.

You're assuming that TJ and Dalilah are "lecturing" her. Was there audio with that video? As far as I can see, it could be give and take conversation.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I’m not trying to be condescending and I think friendly debate is great. Sometime this forum, however, can be very nasty and some of the post are simply untrue. Does perpetuating lies make you an expert?
What exactly do you say is untrue? I'd love to learn the truth. Enlighten me, please.

antmanb

To be fair I was coming here to say anyone making a story about "subserviant" Aljiona or any other bizarre proclamations based on that video is writing fiction based on their mind reading skills. That video shows two skaters trying a lift out at the very early stages and I don't think you can extrapolate anything about any of the people's role or personality based on that short clip.

You can bet any amount of money that a pairs team would never let the public see something in such an early stage of learning or being coached so we have no idea how any of them usually behave in these circumstances (because we've never seen it, certainly not of Savchenko), but obviously the drama machine must keep going to feed people :rolleyes:

VGThuy

Not to sound defensive, but let’s not pretend US pairs are so deficient that a US pairs coach can’t at least coach a skater on a new lift they’re working on with a new partner. Even if she’s the great Aliona Savchenko. Last I checked, lifts weren’t a problem with Delilah pairs. Imo, the whole all US pairs suck thing has gone way out of hand. Champions are champions because they don’t make assumptions and take tips and advice if they find it helpful and learn what not to listen to.

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
Is there audio or are you a body language expert?
I am a body language maestro. That hug was full of lust.

You're clearly new, entering into an online community where the posters here have interacted for years.
Years? Decades may be more accurate. I believe some have interacted longer than Mr. Bottems and I have been blessedly married.

Welcome @pairboyparent. Do not be deterred by the "sorority sister" mentality. With a little perseverance,you may, like me, become a beloved member of this community.

-BB

Last edited:

skategal

Bunny mama
What I found interesting in the video is Alijona is the one fitting into the training of that centre and not the other way around.

Which makes sense when you think about it as she moved to train there with their system but I think a lot of us thought that she would be more in charge of practices.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Pair skating is very dangerous and it takes time for the two skaters to work out timing for lifts and throws. It took a full year for she and Bruno to get it right. Both the woman and the man have to mesh their styles together. There was nothing salacious in those practice cams

doritos

This is such a freaky thread to read through.

Next, I'm expecting Duhamel to announce her comeback and partner up with a bag of Doritos.

Doritos are always there for you.

Yes, I am. And I always will be.

Although I'm not sure my Zesty Cheese personality is the correct fit for Ms. Megan. She seems like one of those Veggie Chips kinda gals.

But never say never........

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City

How do you know that the allegations against Nyman are untrue? And please don't bother with "because I know him and he would never do anything like that".

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
"Under investigation for rape" if that makes you feel any better
I do agree with the point that there is a huge difference between the two. It's so pick-and-choose with people as far as who they determine is guilty and which accuser, rather than the accused, is an automatic liar (see Joe Biden and his case last year). This isn't to cause an argument, but to just show how people tend to believe one side and just run 100% with it.

That being said, the SafeSport case against Nyman seems pretty stacked from what I have heard behind the scenes-- take it for what it's worth. I also will be intrigued to see if Sappenfield actually makes it to Nationals or is suspended by that time, which makes me question Savchenko's goal, even if she's looking long-term. If your partner and/or coach are facing suspensions or bans, then what?

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Are you going to continue to speak in condescending generalities, or will you finally have something of worth to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information