Aljona Savchenko has been released to the USA to continue her pairs career

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylark

I think most skaters/athletes have options or know what options are out there. But preparing for a competition is a very different feeling than preparing for a show or coaching or doing another job. It does something with you, it elicits a certain emotional response and I think that's one of the reasons why transitioning is difficult for some because they miss that feeling.
Absolutely. It's about the feeling and the experience of doing it. Those values aren't erased just because of many of the objective objections people in this thread have posted.

soogar

There is no money in the U.S. for figure skating, so unless Nyman's parents are extremely wealthy and they're throwing mega six figures at her, it's extremely hard for me to imagine that the motivation is financial.
Are we sure there is no money involved? Maybe free coaching and ice time. She was looking for funding for her and Bruno to continue. At least that was one of her posts from a while ago.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

soogar

And TSL posted this clip on their Instagram.

Chris Knierim’s comment on there is everything.
Maybe more to this story.... :watch::watch::watch:

Just to add, is she even still together with her husband? He hasn't updated his account since Mother's Day and he's been missing from hers as well. Too bad @Tinami Amori is not here with us, but I remember her comments on Aljona and how she would probably do the same thing to her husband as she had her partners. (paraphrasing because this was years ago, miss her and she was right on a lot of things.)

Last edited:

Quadjump

Drama is coming! If you assume that Aljona and TY are a couple you begin to understand the whole situation.

Btw. Where did they get to know each other?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
:rofl: Why would anybody think any US pair team would be happy about her skating for the US? At 37 she can :kickass: all of them. Of course they're going to find things to say.

Aaron MB Fan

And I noticed quite a few current and former skaters liked it. Luke Ferrante's (former skater) comment (liked by Kate Finster) about the hair color is also notable. I'm guessing TJ doesn't have a ton of fans among his peers.
Including TJ’s former partner, Brynne McIsaac.

caseyedwards

This is so exciting! Hope she and Nyman do so well and win! This happening for America is like volosozhar leaving ukriane! Of course america has no Trankov but still

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Liam commented on Aljona’s most recent post 2 days ago. He’s not MIA as some people suspect, although I would imagine he isn’t going to like this video.

Debbie S

:rofl: Why would anybody think any US pair team would be happy about her skating for the US? At 37 she can :kickass: all of them. Of course they're going to find things to say.
Most skaters are professional, at least publicly, about competitive issues. I'm sure there were skaters who weren't happy when it was announced Alexa and Brandon were partnering but you didn't see comments on social media. Even when skaters feel threatened competitive-wise, they usually still respect their competitors as people and teammates.

chachacha

Liam commented on Aljona’s most recent post 2 days ago. He’s not MIA as some people suspect, although I would imagine he isn’t going to like this video.
Omg clearly they are kissing each other on the mouth and hugging for a very long time. Maybe Savchenko is gonna divorce her husband, marry TJ and then she can get US citizenship. It’s just gross this whole situation. 🤢🤮🤢🤮

ioana

Most skaters are professional, at least publicly, about competitive issues. I'm sure there were skaters who weren't happy when it was announced Alexa and Brandon were partnering but you didn't see comments on social media. Even when skaters feel threatened competitive-wise, they usually still respect their competitors as people and teammates.
Exactly. So when one of the main pairs coaching teams in the US chimes in on the length of the hug, as well, it makes me side eye the partnership even more.

wickedwitch

Liam has commented hearts under her post from June 1st.

Some people here sure seem more into turning this into cheezy soap opera gossip than voicing concerns...
There's a video where they kissed. That's more than just gossip.

But I agree the focus should not be on that.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I feel like individually I would just be like "Oh wow, they really like to hug." "Oh, greeting each other with kisses that's fine." "Oh, they're holding hands as they skate off the ice ok."

But all together? Woof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information