Aliona Savchenko Pregnant

Finsta

I believe it was on discussion on this message board, but I never saved any links. I don’t save links. But probably back a few months it was discussed also

MsZem

I see the sea
Weird? No. I read interview where she seemed less caring about people. When she coached. Athletes can be very selfish and I hope the interview I read was bad translation. I wish best for her
Then why bring it up in what should be a positive thread?

Aljona and Liam are clearly happy about becoming parents, and it's nice that after devoting so many years and effort to her career she can now focus on her family.

Last edited:

Finsta

Then why bring it up in what should be a positive thread?

Aljona and Liam are clearly happy about becoming parents, and it's nice that after devoting so many years and effort to her career she can now focus on her family.

Because it’s a message board and as far as I know I wasn’t breaking any FSU posting rules

chantilly

Because it’s a message board and as far as I know I wasn’t breaking any FSU posting rules
That’s not their point. Their point is why imply that Alijona might not make a good mother because of an interview you can’t cite or fully remember that may have indicated she “didn’t care” about her students/clients.

It’s a pretty out there and kind of insulting comment to imply, and people have the right to challenge you on such a bold statement.

Finsta

That’s not their point. Their point is why imply that Alijona might not make a good mother because of an interview you can’t cite or fully remember that may have indicated she “didn’t care” about her students/clients.

It’s a pretty out there and kind of insulting comment to imply, and people have the right to challenge you on such a bold statement.

I’m not an obsessive fan that attacks other posters for what they post. Some need lives. I feel sorry for the skaters when fans act crazy. Moving on now. You can attack the next poster

chantilly

I’m not an obsessive fan that attacks other posters for what they post. Some need lives. I feel sorry for the skaters when fans act crazy. Moving on now. You can attack the next poster
This is not an attack. It’s challenging your point of view. If you can’t take it don’t post things that are provocative.

Also I’m not a crazy fan of Alijona. I admire her but she’s never been one of my big faves or have never been an Uber.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Hopefully she will be good mom
Ok...so I would not have posted that. But Aliona does not seem warm and fuzzy and Google. So I can get the POV, I am sure she will do the best she can...and that should be more than enough. The kid will be lucky to be raised by someone who strives for perfection. Doesn't let stuff stop her
and overcomes all odds. The kid, however, will take whatever happens as an excuse for their shortcomings and end up on Oprah.

I wish them the best. And this journey of having your first child is better, more inspiring, harder and more rewarding than any OGM.

Japanfan

But Aliona does not seem warm and fuzzy and Google.

I don't think an athlete's behaviour in the competitive environment gives much insight into how warm and fuzzy she would be with her own child.

So I can get the POV, I am sure she will do the best she can...and that should be more than enough. The kid will be lucky to be raised by someone who strives for perfection. Doesn't let stuff stop her and overcomes all odds.

Doesn't mean she will raise her child to be a perfectionist. In fact, if her own parents put that pressure on her, she might go in the opposite direction with her own child.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I don't think an athlete's behaviour in the competitive environment gives much insight into how warm and fuzzy she would be with her own child.

Doesn't mean she will raise her child to be a perfectionist. In fact, if her own parents put that pressure on her, she might go in the opposite direction with her own child.
All is correct. And, warm and fuzzy isn't always better. I was giving a reason why someone might say what they said.

I admire Aliona and wish for a healthy baby with a mommy and daddy who can take care of her, love her, and guide her to be a fabulous adult. (and great figure skater)

Just an add: People say (or in my day they did) grow up, get married, have babies. Sounds good, right.
Does anyone every say have teenagers? Never! You give them your heart all your money, your time your gut, and they give you back the eye roll. But, then, if you are really lucky, they give you grandchildren.................and those grandchildren are the reward for allowing them to continue to live past 14 :)

Carolla5501

Weird? No. I read interview where she seemed less caring about people. When she coached. Athletes can be very selfish and I hope the interview I read was bad translation. I wish best for her

LOL! First you attack and now you claim you are a saint! Apparently you can dish out trash, but don't like being called on it... OK THEN. Poor thing, if you can't take the heat for what your trash talk posts, keep your fingers off the keyboard. (Talk about needing a life, you have time to assume that someone won't be a good mother based on one interview???? LOL!)

Yep it's time for you to move on, but just in case we might want all make our own proactive move to our ignore list an d put you on it.

Golden1

I think she seems pretty "warm and fuzzy" with her husband and family, so I guess she will be the same with her child. I don't think that the attitude in her job reflects how she is at home with her loved ones.
Maybe she will be as strict with her child as she is with herself but I don't think that would be a bad thing. As a teacher I would love it if more parents were strict and tough with their kids :rolleyes:.

Finsta

LOL! First you attack and now you claim you are a saint! Apparently you can dish out trash, but don't like being called on it... OK THEN. Poor thing, if you can't take the heat for what your trash talk posts, keep your fingers off the keyboard. (Talk about needing a life, you have time to assume that someone won't be a good mother based on one interview???? LOL!)

Yep it's time for you to move on, but just in case we might want all make our own proactive move to our ignore list an d put you on it.

Oh my. What a weird meltdown

Mad for Skating

Whether it’s a boy or a girl and Meagan’s baby a “Susie talks a lot” doll.😜

LOL I love that idea so much, I’m laughing like a lunatic right now.

As for Aliona being a perfectionist, I think she’ll be fine. My mom is a perfectionist but she never puts pressure on me to succeed. She’s a little overprotective sometimes because she wants to do a good job with raising me (even though I’m almost an adult now and if I screw something up in my life, it’s my own fault LOL), but if anything, she tries harder to make sure she’s doing a good job. I don’t think that’s a bad thing. The kid will probably be happy, if not a little spoiled, if my personal experience is any indicator.

puglover

I, of course, do not know Aliona at all. However, she seems to be well liked by her competitors and there was certainly a ground swell of joy seeing her win the Olympic gold medal. I was touched by the sincerity of the affection she showed Bruno after his fall in the short program. Athletes who have sacrificed so much for the sport and then turn to coaching probably do want to work with those with a similar level of commitment. They know what it takes to become a champion. I don't think it says anything about their prospective parenting approach.

insideedgeua

Exactly!

Talk to Aljona and Liam when they are together, away from the ice. They are adorable! He is besotted with her and she takes a back seat and lets him talk many times. She’s not all boss lady when they’re together.

I think they will be wonderful parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information