alilou's Adventures in Wonderland 2 - all over the map

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I finally got myself sorted with instagram! You can follow me at @alisonarmstrong6558
Starting next week I'll be posting photos as I go traipsing around Japan and China. Wooohoooo!

Last edited:

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I happily read about your adventures with Osamu and looked at your beautiful photos, but just as I thought I couldn't :cheer2: or :swoon: anymore, I read this:

So :cheer2::swoon::swoon::cheer2: !!!!

Thanks @kwanfan1818. I've been walking and walking and walking almost every day! In 6.5 weeks I took only one full day off. Even on slow days I was walking 5-6 km. Most days 10-12 and on 2 days over 16! I am fit again!

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Simply amazing! I never had the opportunity to go to Hawaii, and those beautiful photos are such a treat. I fell in love with the photo of the moss flox covering the hillocks with those beautiful hills and mountains in the background. The lavender and purple colors are simply breathtaking.

Thanks so much @alilou. It's always a pleasure to read your blog! :love:(y)

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Simply amazing! I never had the opportunity to go to Hawaii, and those beautiful photos are such a treat. I fell in love with the photo of the moss flox covering the hillocks with those beautiful hills and mountains in the background. The lavender and purple colors are simply breathtaking.

Thanks so much @alilou. It's always a pleasure to read your blog! :love:(y)
Thanks so much @Simone411. I'm glad you enjoyed this post. Japan's such a beautiful country. I guess you mean Japan not Hawaii :)
I too fell in love with the flowers. I'm so sad. I wish I could send them all to Denis ten :(

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Thanks so much @Simone411. I'm glad you enjoyed this post. Japan's such a beautiful country. I guess you mean Japan not Hawaii :)
I too fell in love with the flowers. I'm so sad. I wish I could send them all to Denis ten :(
Sorry, I did mean Japan. I was still thinking about Denis when I posted, and it would be awesome if all those flowers could be sent to Denis. :( :love: :cry:

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I have a new blog post ready. As promised, finally, a post about the Kurayami Festival - one of the most amazing festivals I've ever been to.

A Kaleidoscope of Perpetual Motion: Fuchu’s Kurayami festival, Tokyo

I hope I've conveyed something of what it was like to be there. :eek: :cheer2: :encore::cheer: :respec:

I love Japan!

Here in Vancouver our air quality is apparently the equivalent of smoking 6-8 cigarettes a day. There are nearly 600 forest fires burning in BC and the whole province is covered in a blanket of smoke and people are being evacuated from some small towns and firefighters are just about dying of exhaustion including a whole squadron from Mexico. It's brutal :(

whiteskates

I just discovered your amazing thread and have spent three hours browsing it. I wish I could have travelled as much as you have done. Thank you so much for sharing all these wonderful photos!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I just discovered your amazing thread and have spent three hours browsing it. I wish I could have travelled as much as you have done. Thank you so much for sharing all these wonderful photos!
Thank you so much @whiteskates! I'm so pleased you found it interesting. I just put it all out there hoping it's kind of entertaining. Anyway I just love to share the stories and photos, and it helps me remember all we've done. We've been so very fortunate.

whiteskates

i love travelling myself but unfortunately I haven't been able to do much of it after falling ill fifteen years ago. I did work abroad in three different countries for a few years when I was young and made some trips after that as well. Of the countries you blog about I have only visited Egypt and Turkey but I have always wanted to go to India. Anyway, you write very well and your photos are great.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
i love travelling myself but unfortunately I haven't been able to do much of it after falling ill fifteen years ago. I did work abroad in three different countries for a few years when I was young and made some trips after that as well. Of the countries you blog about I have only visited Egypt and Turkey but I have always wanted to go to India. Anyway, you write very well and your photos are great.
Thank you. I think I did some of my best writing about Egypt. I absolutely loved it and it is one of the highlights of all our travels. And India is extraordinary!
So sorry to hear illness has kept you more stationary @whiteskates

Alilou

Ubercavorter
My latest article for Intrepid Travel has just been published in their online journal.

It’s about the city of Xi’an. I’d never heard of Xi’an until I went there with Intrepid’s China Experience tour. It’s included on the tour because of its proximity to the Terracotta Warriors, but Xi’an turned out to be so much more than that: cycling the ancient city walls, the Muslim Quarter, the city lights, dumplings for dinner, and another ancient mausoleum.

Xi’an, China! Who knew?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information