alilou's Adventures in Wonderland 2 - all over the map

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Semana Santa is huge in SMA. Mexicans come from all over the country to participate here in the many churches. There will be several more processions. We have them all marked on our calendar :)

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Latest FB photo - Popacatepetl volcano erupting :eek:

We were travelling by bus in Mexico, from San Miguel to La Manzanilla, snoozing with the curtains drawn for most of the 13 hour journey. I woke up and decided to look out the window. I could hardly believe what I was seeing. I said to Don - look at that I think it's a volcano erupting! :eek:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...heater&notif_t=like&notif_id=1459961819090995

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Latest blog post: the exotic birds of La Manzanilla, Mexico.

We came here about a week ago after three months in San Miguel de Allende. La Manzanilla is on the Pacific coast south of Peurto Vallarta. We have friends who have a house here with a garden/pool-level casita that we rent. It has a view of a tropical garden and the ocean. And many beautiful birds. Heaven.

https://alisonanddon.com/2016/04/08/the-birds-of-la-manzanilla/

Alilou

Ubercavorter
All of your latest photos are stunning!
Thank you @skatesindreams. It's a very beautiful place. We are so lucky.

I was so sorry to hear of your transportation issues in Boston. I don't know exactly what happened except that you had tickets and watched from your hotel room because you couldn't get to the arena :eek:
and that I was truly amazed by, and full of admiration for your calm reaction. I think I'd have been crawling the walls. And throwing screaming fits. Huge kudos!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
@alilou I'm not sure how I've spent this much time on FSU without discovering your blog but how incredible! Beautiful, beautiful work. Fantastic photography and great read. wow!

Oh @millyskate, thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It's a labour of love that's for sure.

Latest blog post: more of the wonders of Istanbul - Topkapi, fashion, another gorgeous mosque, couples theatre, and fabulous dance. :cheer:

https://alisonanddon.com/2016/04/16/istanbul-topkapi-palace-and-other-beauties/

dinakt

Catching up on your blog.
Gorgeous fotos, and so much personality captured in the pictures of people.
Thank you!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Catching up on your blog.
Gorgeous fotos, and so much personality captured in the pictures of people.
Thank you!
Thanks so much @dinakt. I love photographing the people where we go, especially if I can capture them in an authentic moment.

I'm fascinated, as always, alliou!
Thanks @skatesindreams. Turkey was pretty amazing. I still have more to share about Istanbul, which is one of the world's great cities. And then Jordan and Egypt!

skatesindreams

That's one of the most spectacular photographs I've seen.
It reminds me, as if I needed it, of why sunset is my favorite hour of the day!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Thanks @skatesindreams. We get a pretty nice view of the sunset from our casita, but I'm sure glad I was down on the beach for that one. I think it's one of the best sunsets I've ever seen. It really was that red, and filled the whole sky.
Sunset is also my favourite hour of the day - suddenly the sky is speaking to me.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
It was fun. It was a bunch of ex-pats having dinner and drinks on the beach to mark the end of the season. We're here 'til the end of May, but almost all the ex-pats have headed back north by now.

sk8pics

ali, I've been so behind on your blog posts, but I am finally caught up! Amazing stories and photos of turkey. And of course, I love your bird photos!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Thanks @sk8pics. Thanks for reading! Turkey was incredible. Only one more post to go and then on to Jordan and Egypt. There have been several more different types of birds around since that bird post. Maybe in a few months I'll do another post of the birds of La Manzanilla.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information