alilou's Adventures in Wonderland 2 - all over the map

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I haven't visited FB yet today. I will definitely comment when I sign on. Loving all the photos and thanks for sharing! <3

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Oh yes @skatesindreams, the "adventure" will continue. And I'm so looking forward to being able to immerse myself in skating again including watching all of worlds live, and attending 2 competitions next year.
We have no idea how all this will unfold. All we know it it's time to stop for a while and then see what evolves.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Oh my gosh! Your photos of the festival are beautiful! They're so bright and vivid! Thanks so much for sharing your latest blog post! :cheer2:

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Thanks @skatesindreams. It was a pretty incredible time - such a huge contrast in one day from the river trip in the morning to the total craziness of the parade in the afternoon and evening.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Thanks @skatesindreams. I worked on the photos in photoshop - I wanted to find a way to really bring out the subject so the background didn't interfere. I fell in love with these women and their clothes - so much love in the creation of them, hours, months of weaving and embroidery to create all this beauty. And then they wear them for everyday. I was a bit mad with the camera at the markets lol :)

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I just published a new blog post about an extraordinary church in a village in Mexico. The church is nominally Roman Catholic, but what goes on in there is much much closer to the Mayan rituals and ceremonies of hundreds of years ago than anything that resembles the regular Catholic Mass: shamanic healing rituals that include eggs, candles, feathers, and sometimes the sacrifice of a chicken.

Of Shamans and Shams: the Tzotzil of San Juan Chamula.

https://alisonanddon.com/2017/05/27/of-shamans-and-shams-the-tzotzil-of-san-juan-chamula/

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information