Alena Kostornaia appreciation thread

Sylvia

Wishing I could go back to the Lake Placid JGP

AxelAnnie

Graceful men lift lovely girls in white!

alexikeguchi

I think this is the best, floatiest triple axel I have ever seen, by a male or female... Just breathtaking!

That program deserved every decimal of her nearly 90 point total.

Sylvia

Wishing I could go back to the Lake Placid JGP
I think this [video is blocked for me; link removed] is the best, floatiest triple axel I have ever seen, by a male or female... Just breathtaking!

That program deserved every decimal of her nearly 90 point total.
Here's her Russian broadcast video to enjoy:

rupertsurvive

Banned Member
She is amazing since she has proven quality of elements and superior presentation can still overcome the quadsters. She is literally giving away a ton of points to both her main rivals who do a bunch of quads while she does none in the long program, but her huge short program leads and her GOE and PCS which are by far the highest in the world in the LP still pretty much secures her winning if everyone goes clean even with a 5 quad disadvantage. That is how amazing she is. And it is good to see a whole package still winning.

alexikeguchi

She is amazing since she has proven quality of elements and superior presentation can still overcome the quadsters. She is literally giving away a ton of points to both her main rivals who do a bunch of quads while she does none in the long program, but her huge short program leads and her GOE and PCS which are by far the highest in the world in the LP still pretty much secures her winning if everyone goes clean even with a 5 quad disadvantage. That is how amazing she is. And it is good to see a whole package still winning.
Alena was beautiful with about her best triple axels yet and once again could have won Russian Nationals with lesser content were it not for small mistakes on the easier elements. I hope she stays confident and slays at Europeans and Worlds!

rupertsurvive

Banned Member
Alena was beautiful with about her best triple axels yet and once again could have won Russian Nationals with lesser content were it not for small mistakes on the easier elements. I hope she stays confident and slays at Europeans and Worlds!
Yeah I feel bad for her. It was so close! I hope she comes back strong. She can still be proud, she skated amazing and just narrowly lost to the quad lutz/quad flipping girl who skated the absolute best she could have probably.

Polaris

Kostornaia is a goddess. My god...her basic skating skills. Swoon. I could watch her just glide across the ice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information