Adult Competitions

gkelly

Does anyone have a link to someone doing the pre-bronze adult compulsory program (not the test; the program) from this season? I believe I was am doing the wrong mohawk pattern, and I would like to see others doing the program so double check my thought on this.

I don't have a link and don't have time to search for one right now.

But the description of the move is the same as what's in the Pre-Freeskate level of Learn to Skate group lessons, so you could also search for kids doing it in Pre-Freeskate.
https://www.learntoskateusa.com/media/1162/curriculum_freeskate.pdf

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
Hope everyone who competed at Sectionals skated well and had fun!

Does anyone know how many Champ Gold Men advanced from Easterns? I know more than 4 qualified due to the fill-up rule but wasn't sure if it was 6 or all 7. TIA!

I saw something on Facebook that said they all did, but I don’t know if that’s true. I did see 7 out of Easterns and 5 from Pacific. I thought there was a champ gold men’s event at Mids (when I had left the rink for a bit), but I didn’t see a result for it on Ice Network.

bladesofgorey

Ice network has some of the Adult Sectionals videos up now and they can be watched by people without paid subscriptions (like, uh, me).

As an aside, while watching the Women's Junior/Senior championship competition I thought I saw a dude in the background walking around in blackface and a grass skirt. Please tell me I was imagining this.

Debbie S

As an aside, while watching the Women's Junior/Senior championship competition I thought I saw a dude in the background walking around in blackface and a grass skirt. Please tell me I was imagining this.
Haven't seen the vid, but my guess is there was an Artistic or Light Entertainment event scheduled not long after, and that skater was just in costume. :)

kachilyn

Haven't seen the vid, but my guess is there was an Artistic or Light Entertainment event scheduled not long after, and that skater was just in costume. :)

Champ Jr/Sr was followed by all levels of Light Entertainment - female skater in Rafiki costume and yellow/red/blue colored (not blackface!) face makeup and grass skirt. There was also a Minion, Dory, SeaWitch, Robot, Lobster and many other colorful characters walking around that evening. Plus a Tonya/Nancy duet and a mini striptease to Raining Men (male skaters). You are never bored watching the entertainment events!

ioana

Did my program for the first time today at a local event. Considering I was at single digit run throughs and have only done about 3 of those with music, am happy to report I (almost!) made it through. Wiped out setting up my last spin, before I even stepped into it (skillz!) but then decided to do it anyway. And then cut the combo spin short since I realised I was overtime and got it called as base. Still 19+ its with a fall and first time out is way better than I was expecting so I will take it :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information