Adam speaks his mind on US leader chosen for the Oympic delegation

caseyedwards

^^^ caseyedwards is paraphrasing Adam incorrectly. His exact quote in Christine Brennan's 1/17/18 column is:

VP Pence tweeted directly at Adam before he arrived in Pyeongchang but his tweet has since been deleted from his Twitter timeline. However, it will live on, having been cited in many articles, such as this one: https://mashable.com/2018/02/08/mike-pence-gay-olympics-rippon/#WP2o5GxZAkq4

What’s incorrect about me quoting rippon on Christianity? Rippon knows what a real Christian is and it’s not Pence! He knows church but Pence doesn’t! If he knows Christianity where is his forgiveness for Pence? Why can the pope meet with his attempted assassin but rippon can’t meet with pence? It’s not Christian.

Sylvia

TBD
Christine Brennan, who started this whole "controversy," asked Adam about Pence again at the U.S. men's press conference yesterday: https://www.rollingstone.com/sports...ses-mike-pence-comments-i-stand-by-it-w516651
Relevant excerpts:
"When we did the interview for USA Today, you asked me a really simple question and I gave you a really simple answer," he said to the USA Today journalist who had initially reported the story in January. "And that the vice president felt so passionately to speak out is I think a very interesting and unique experience that I've never gone through."
"I have no problem talking about what I've said because I stand by it," Rippon said Tuesday. "But I think right now, the Olympics are about the competition and the athletes involved. I talked to you about how I felt before the Games [and] it's brought a lot of attention and questions to my other teammates. I don't want to distract from their Olympic experience, and I don't want my Olympic experience to be about Mike Pence."
Rippon added that though he's received criticism for his statements, he doesn't intend to filter his words going forward – if anything, he sees the importance of his newfound "platform" more clearly now than ever.

Breitbart even included his clip from the press conference yesterday in their article: http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018...ppon-dont-want-olympic-experience-mike-pence/

ETA:
Why can the pope meet with his attempted assassin but rippon can’t meet with pence? It’s not Christian.
Rippon hasn't ruled out the possibility of meeting Pence after the Games are over. He has said that (paraphasing) while he himself doesn't have anything to say to him he'd like to bring along other people with him who do.

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
What’s incorrect about me quoting rippon on Christianity? Rippon knows what a real Christian is and it’s not Pence! He knows church but Pence doesn’t! If he knows Christianity where is his forgiveness for Pence? Why can the pope meet with his attempted assassin but rippon can’t meet with pence? It’s not Christian.

Speaking of forgiveness, why not work on your own sins first, instead of blowharding endlessly with questionable motives about the sins you perceive in others! :rolleyes:

Like Adam said, he hasn't been directly affected by Pence's harsh legislation and views, but Adam is interested in speaking out for those who are and have been affected. Adam doesn't need fake Pence to use him as a photo-op!

caseyedwards

Speaking of forgiveness, why not work on your own sins first, instead of blowharding endlessly with questionable motives about the sins you perceive in others! :rolleyes:

Like Adam said, he hasn't been directly affected by Pence's harsh legislation and views, but Adam is interested in speaking out for those who are and have been affected. Adam doesn't need fake Pence to use him as a photo-op!
Having that feeling of doubting other people’s motives and boycotting all meetings with pence or trump is not Christian. Unlike rippon I am not projecting myself as a total avatar of Christian righteousness who can teach others on the right ways to be a Christian.

Willin

@Sylvia I can't wait for the actual Trump tweet. I wonder if the fact that the Trump family/staff likes to talk about unrelated issues is due to an attempt to distract from the negative things going on with their administration (ie the Porter/FBI stuff coming out today) or if they're really that easily distracted from real issues.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Last edited:

olympic

Congrats to Adam on his Olympic medal. He is all over the media.

But, I hope he is finding time to practice and properly prepare for his individual event tomorrow :shuffle:

Skittl1321

^^ And you are dense, reactionary and inflammatory on purpose @caseyedwards. What's your excuse? :drama:

I can't find Adam's Mom's reply with all the other crap from dotard Repubs up in there! :blah: Seriously, a lot of people need to be ashamed of who they voted for, and instead they keep showing their lame asses!

She just responded with a screenshot of Pence's tweet to Adam. Something like "I saved the receipt."
Completely refuting the idea that Pence hasn't mentioned Adam once.

Skittl1321

Congrats to Adam on his Olympic medal. He is all over the media.

But, I hope he is finding time to practice and properly prepare for his individual event tomorrow :shuffle:

I hope Adam has a great individual event, but I also don't have super high expectations for him compared to the competition. So he just needs to have a fun Olympic experience.

I think he's in a pretty good situation as far as public reaction goes though. If he falls I imagine the tweets will be: "okay- he didn't fall and he was behind those who did. Now he fell and he's behind people who didn't. What do these judges want?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information