2024 World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal

uandmfan

Does anyone mind sharing where they are staying for the event? I'm thinking of going for a few days!

skategal

Bunny mama
Just FYI (mostly for Canadians) …

Air Canada has a seat sale on that covers the time frame for worlds.

It ends Sept 12 so check it out for lower prices.

Also Aeroplan has some decent deals as well if you have points to burn off.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Does anyone mind sharing where they are staying for the event? I'm thinking of going for a few days!
A few of us are staying in L’apartment hotel, they are suites with kitchenettes so handy for own food, walking distance (20 mins) parking over the road and includes continental breakfast and has a really nice pool on the roof (indoor). Suites also have balconies which I like as need fresh air. I have stayed before for other events when staying more than a few days.

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
A few of us are staying in L’apartment hotel, they are suites with kitchenettes so handy for own food, walking distance (20 mins) parking over the road and includes continental breakfast and has a really nice pool on the roof (indoor). Suites also have balconies which I like as need fresh air. I have stayed before for other events when staying more than a few days.
Ha, I'm staying there too! I stayed there with my parents on a family vacation when I was a teenager, so I decided to book it for Worlds.

The rates were pretty reasonable back in the summer when I reserved my room; not sure what they're like now. I got a weekly rate of $139/night.

Debbie S

Has anyone ever been to the Bell Centre and know if they have a size limit on flags? I just went to their website and under prohibited items, it just says flags that obstruct the view of other spectators. OK, but what's the threshold of "obstruction"? In the U.S., I've been OK with a 2x3 (feet) banner and I've seen people with flags about that size but I've never been to an event in Canada. The size I would potentially bring is 32" X 44" (metric conversion tells me 0.8 X 1.1 m).

4rkidz

Ha, I'm staying there too! I stayed there with my parents on a family vacation when I was a teenager, so I decided to book it for Worlds.

The rates were pretty reasonable back in the summer when I reserved my room; not sure what they're like now. I got a weekly rate of $139/night.
Yeah I paid $179 plus tax but got a one bedroom instead of a studio in case I could share as was hoping a friend was coming but not looking likely. As sofa bed in sep area. Will see but I am pleased with my choice.

4rkidz

I'm at the Vogue Montreal. Booked it a week ago! :cheer: Is anyone else staying there?
Not heard of that hotel? But am looking forward to seeing you again, it was fun at 4CC last season.

AnnM

I was going to stay at the original Vogue Hotel in 2020, but see that it's now rebranded as a Hilton (and more $$$). It's in a great location!

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
I was going to stay at the original Vogue Hotel in 2020, but see that it's now rebranded as a Hilton (and more $$$). It's in a great location!
I got a steal on the rate! Otherwise it was a bit of sticker shock. I wanted something close by.

4rkidz

Looks like ticket sales are going well, with limited tickets for several of the events. I am thinking many Canadian skating fans are skipping nationals to go to worlds in their own back yard.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Looks like ticket sales are going well, with limited tickets for several of the events. I am thinking many Canadian skating fans are skipping nationals to go to worlds in their own back yard.

I suspect that's a problem for Nationals attendance every time Worlds is in Canada. Although at Nationals you get to see the younger skaters who might be at Worlds in the future.

Lana K

In mourning for Kaori's 2022-2023 season hair
Do we know yet what the practice rink will be for Worlds?

Gr8Sk8

Skate Canada says the practice rink is in Verdun.

Assuming the Verdun Auditorium. 4110 Bd LaSalle, Verdun, Quebec

15 minutes by car from the Bell Centre. By Metro (subway) - About 30 minutes including walking to Metro - either directly on line 1 or using a combination of line 2 and 1.

Sonata

15 minutes by car from the Bell Centre. By Metro (subway) - About 30 minutes including walking to Metro - either directly on line 1 or using a combination of line 2 and 1.
How do you know? Have they posted a tentative schedule?

Lana K

In mourning for Kaori's 2022-2023 season hair

Oh, that’s too bad! Verdun is a bit remote if you’re a local and don’t live around downtown.

Former Lurve Goddess

Oh, that’s too bad! Verdun is a bit remote if you’re a local and don’t live around downtown.
It's not far from the De l'Église metro station, however. Besides my friends all tell me that Verdun is now where all the cool kids are, after Mile End and the Plateau got too expensive.

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
It's not far from the De l'Église metro station, however. Besides my friends all tell me that Verdun is now where all the cool kids are, after Mile End and the Plateau got too expensive.

That’s my understanding too. I’ve actually not been but was planning to explore Wellington street this spring/summer when I have the chance. Depends where your start point is but shouldn’t take too long to get to from Lionel Groulx (which has an extremely easy transfer between the orange and green lines).

skatingguy

decently
Do we know that the practices at the L'Auditorium Verdun will be open to the public? The ticket information does mention practices at the additional rink.

honey

Just curious about what you were looking at when you posted this. Saw some discussion on Twitter this morning about poor ticket sales. I looked at ticketmaster and sales are not great. Like most of the lower bowl no more than 1/3rd full except for the side opposite the judges.

https://www.ticketmaster.ca/isu-world-figure-skating-championships-tickets/artist/849382

skatingguy

decently
Just curious about what you were looking at when you posted this. Saw some discussion on Twitter this morning about poor ticket sales. I looked at ticketmaster and sales are not great. Like most of the lower bowl no more than 1/3rd full except for the side opposite the judges.

https://www.ticketmaster.ca/isu-world-figure-skating-championships-tickets/artist/849382
Based on the seats available at this time I would say that ticket sales are not going well at all. The Friday/Saturday events look better, but Wednesday/Thursday don't look very good at all. There's maybe one section of seats, those directly across from the judges, that is sold out but every other section where tickets have been for sale still has lots of choice available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information