2024 US Figure Skating Championships

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I know, I know... sensitive tummy. But a gal from New Orleans talking about bland Subway and Panera....? Sigh. It puts death in my soul. :drama:
LOL traveling is not a time for me to be adventurous food-wise. Also, I would bet there's nothing around here that rivals New Orleans flavor anyway :D

acraven

I just stopped by the Boston World's booth (near Section 111). They told me there are some hotel rates on the website now, though the booking links aren't live yet. There is a lottery for a free hotel room you can enter at the booth.

News for @MacMadame: The flag people are not going to Four Continents.

Last edited:

A.H.Black

For those who are "friends of figure skating". Where are you picking up your fofs tickets? My friend is having trouble spotting the USFSA booth

Debbie S

For those who are "friends of figure skating". Where are you picking up your fofs tickets? My friend is having trouble spotting the USFSA booth
It's tucked back behind the merchandise booth, near the escalators at the side entrance. Near Edea and Chique Sport.

AnnM

It's tucked back behind the merchandise booth, near the escalators at the side entrance. Near Edea and Chique Sport.

This reminds me that if Graf Skates is there and puts out tiny wrapped chocolates at their table, be sure to get one (or more) because they were amazing.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
I love on ice perspectives but why are they/or someone like them on the ice after every program is over. What different shot are they getting that a zoom couldn’t do? The interaction is very awkward based on the faces of the skaters and kind of breaks the normal interactions of the skaters and the crowd after their skates.

JeffClair1979

I wanna move to France...
When I saw that during the Pairs Short, I was like, huh, that's really cool, I enjoy seeing their videos on Facebook! But as the day went on (particularly during the Women's Short), I noticed a few different reactions from the skaters. Some loved them and were waving their stuffies at him, some ignored him, some didn't know what to do... I think it's a great idea, and I love the different camera angles that it brings. I think it will take a year or two to really figure out where it blends into the grand scheme of things. Definitely a Nationals vibe kind of thing, like Rusty! :p

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I love on ice perspectives but why are they/or someone like them on the ice after every program is over. What different shot are they getting that a zoom couldn’t do? The interaction is very awkward based on the faces of the skaters and kind of breaks the normal interactions of the skaters and the crowd after their skates.

I noticed that. Ridiculous. Nothing beat the old ABC Nationals telecasts directed by Doug Wilson, with lovely headshots. This is all a goo-goo IT-age distraction to somehow try to capture a new audience.

If they’re so interested in lovely “looks,” then get rid of the fugly signs on the boards, Ollie’s and all.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I just stopped by the Boston World's booth (near Section 111). They told me there are some hotel rates on the website now, though the booking links aren't live yet.
I noticed a price on the hotels earlier this week and wondered if that was their rate. Thanks for confirmation, looks like I won’t be at the Courtyard. :lol:

Carolla5501

I just stopped by the Boston World's booth (near Section 111). They told me there are some hotel rates on the website now, though the booking links aren't live yet. There is a lottery for a free hotel room you can enter at the booth.

News for @MacMadame: The flag people are not going to Four Continents.
With the exception of the Courtyard the prices don't look bad for Boston... it's an expensive hotel city!

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
There was a major power failure in the Charlotte NC area yesterday afternoon, so I missed the Senior RD and the Senior Women's SP. The power didn't get back on until 5 am today. And no replays were available on Peacock, of course.
replays of both are most certainly available on Peacock - I rewatched the last 3 dance teams RDs again after the women's SP.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
With the exception of the Courtyard the prices don't look bad for Boston... it's an expensive hotel city!
Anything under $300/night should be considered a “good deal.” Consider doubling up or going north on the commuter rail or orange lines, or using AirBnB, but those aren’t cheap either. Those with college connections should check the uni websites as well. Northeastern’s winter term ends in March and there may be opportunities if you know where to ask.

Evgeniafan

Anything under $300/night should be considered a “good deal.” Consider doubling up or going north on the commuter rail or orange lines, or using AirBnB, but those aren’t cheap either. Those with college connections should check the uni websites as well. Northeastern’s winter term ends in March and there may be opportunities if you know where to ask.
Or any town near a T train stop, so west or south of Boston.

acraven

The pizza stand (Jet's, I think) was open part of the day yesterday (Thursday). It's on the judges' side of the rink, maybe around Section 103.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City

Going to put in a plug once again for the Boston YHA, a short subway ride or walk from the arena. The "youth hostel" isn't just for youths! https://www.hiusa.org/boston-19-stuart-street

Lynn226

Has anyone seen Gracie Gold at the arena? I thought I saw an ad that said she would be at the Boitano lounge. She has a new book coming out.

I'm watching the ice dance practice cam at home. Boitano and Jackie Wong are commentating. I'm learning a lot about boots.

Debbie S

Has anyone seen Gracie Gold at the arena? I thought I saw an ad that said she would be at the Boitano lounge. She has a new book coming out.

I'm watching the ice dance practice cam at home. Boitano and Jackie Wong are commentating. I'm learning a lot about boots.
I saw Gracie on the concourse yesterday talking to some fans. I think this morning she was doing a reading from her book at the library. And appear at Boitano's Lounge this weekend.

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Gracie was on with Tara and Johnny for a brief talk yesterday. They mentioned her book, but not its name. Perhaps because it was sort of a "feel good" puff piece for the "Saatva Dream Moment"

Ever since I attended a charity show in Columbus, i've been rooting for it to host Nationals. Thought it was a great combo of hotel choice, good food options and centrally located. I'm sorry I couldn't be there this year, but glad to hear it sounds like people are having a good time. I enjoy reading all the reports.

ice coverage

Up for grabs: free ticket for tonight's Championship Women FS at 7:45 pm.
I just received an extra for Sec 219, Row B.

If anyone can use it on short notice, please send me a DM with your name and e-mail address.

(Ticket has been claimed.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information