2024 US Figure Skating Championships

Gusmom

Banned Member
It used to be that NBC would not allow seats to be released until they determined their in-arena plan. It could be the same reason.
Then maybe they should demand their plan earlier or hold ticket sales.
Or — maybe allow those w presale access to exchange if a seat they prefer opens later. That would actually be a great perk.

Last edited:

peibeck

Simply looking
Wasn't planning to buy now but the "solo" seat restrictions may make the decision for me I may just wait and go to Boston for Worlds as my next event. (Unless Jason announces he's staying.. he got me to California and Ohio is a LOT closer to Georgia)

I know last time Worlds were in Boston they set something up where people got in a queue from the local organizing club and got an individual call to purchase seats, but I wouldn't count on that necessarily being the plan this time. I don't have any specific information that it will be different, but we heard from posters who helped in Boston how labor intensive that was.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I know last time Worlds were in Boston they set something up where people got in a queue from the local organizing club and got an individual call to purchase seats, but I wouldn't count on that necessarily being the plan this time. I don't have any specific information that it will be different, but we heard from posters who helped in Boston how labor intensive that was.
That same local organizing club also put my friend and I in seats that didn't exist. It was a big mess later on and they gave us choices for other locations, but by that time, preferred seats were gone. This was the second time I was sold a non-existent seat by an organizing committee and it was extremely annoying.

Debbie S

It was 2014 Nats when we got phone calls (i remember carrying my cell phone everywhere and telling our club ice monitor that if it rang from a 617 area code, to get me off the ice :lol: ). For Worlds, they didn't do phone calls but you could request sections and rows on the order form.

peibeck

Simply looking
Thanks @Debbie S I didn't remember it was for Nationals instead of Worlds, I just remember the panic people were having because it took many days for them to contact everyone. :drama:

That actually makes more sense since they would have had to calling people internationally for Worlds.

YukiNieve

Update- I was able to get a single aisle when I called the FOFS contact at the box office. They still weren’t allowed to sell certain sections including club seats that I was hoping to get. And the next option aisle was no longer available.
But at least I have something.
I ended up near K&C end.
May I ask in which section did you get the aisle seat?

ice coverage

Amended rules for Nats starting orders for SP/RD and FS/FD were approved at 2023 Governing Council, and will be in effect for 2024 Nats.

From 2022-23 Combined Report of Action after Governing Council (pp. 105-107):

"... amended rule 2721 would read as follows:​

2721 At the U.S. Figure Skating Championships only, the starting order for the junior and championship (senior) women’s, men’s and pairs short program and junior and championship (senior) rhythm dance events will be established as follows:​
A. The skaters who hold an ISU World Standing in their discipline will skate in reverse standings order of their ISU World Standings, as of the date of the draw. These skaters will skate in the last warm-up group(s).​
B. The starting order for the remaining competitors will be by a closed, random draw conducted by the chief referee and chief accountant."​

" ... amended Rule 2035(B) would read as follows:​

2735 How to establish draw groups to determine starting order:​
B. At the U.S. Figure Skating Championships only, the starting order for all singles and pairs free skate and all free dance events will be a reverse placement skating order from the result of the short program/ rhythm dance segment. For tied competitors, the skater/team with the higher technical elements score from the initial segment will skate later.​
1. Women and men: The last two warm-up groups will consist of not fewer than 10 and not more than 12 competitors, with the exact number to be decided by the chief referee in consultation with the executive director prior to publishing the skate order of the short program.​
2. Pairs: The last warm-up group will consist of four couples.​
3. Ice dance: The last warm-up group will consist of five couples."​

(This link to Combined Report of Action is accessible via USFS public site.)​

ice coverage

Official website is up!

Follow-up to TanithandBenFan's post from January:

In addition to the official Columbus Sports site, USFS has started its page for 2024 Nats.

I think/hope that the USFS page (which says, "Stay Tuned For More Information!") also will become a resource in the months ahead.
So far, it has only a link to the original news from January that Columbus will be the host.

ETA:​

USFS page has added some links to Columbus Sports pages.​
[I still think it's possible(?) that at some point down the road, USFS might(?) post some stuff on its own Nats page before it appears on the Columbus Sports site.]​

Cross-posting from U.S. Pairs thread, Columbus Sports will be showing support for Pride with a good ambassador for Nats too.​
From Columbus Sports Commission e-mail today 🏳️‍🌈:​

Meet & Greet with Timothy LeDuc​
June 17 • Goodale Park • 1PM-2PM​

In celebration of Pride Month, join two-time U.S. Figure Skating National Champion and the first openly non-binary skater to compete in the Olympics Timothy LeDuc at the Stonewall Columbus Pride Festival and March.​

Watch us skate in the march or find our tent at the festival from 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.​

Last edited:

Carolla5501

Dislike :(

Seems even more likely to result in reputation judging and less movement after the SP/RD. Not to mention, new pairs and dance teams who haven't competed internationally yet will have a built-in disadvantage.
With dance it's not a new "builit-in disadvantage' Generally the judges could probably not watch and we would get the exact same outcomes LOL!

And we already have "reputation judging' We are just not even pretending it doesn't exist this way

Debbie S

Weekend packages go on sale officially tomorrow but there is a presale today. Code is WSCOLUMBUS24 if you want the gala included, WCOLUMBUS24 if you don't want the gala.

dancergrl

It looks like the weekend package is only for the free skate and free dance events. does anyone know if there will be a package as there has been in the past for Championship events? ie., all short and long programs for each discipline?

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The only tickets that apply to the weekend package specials are the ones opposite the judges, and starting 18 rows back at that.

ETA- with gala included, there are more seats closer to the ice within those sections.

Debbie S

It looks like the weekend package is only for the free skate and free dance events. does anyone know if there will be a package as there has been in the past for Championship events? ie., all short and long programs for each discipline?
I don't recall there ever being a package of all Senior SP/RD and FS/FD. The weekend package has always been the events held Friday night through Sunday.

Sylvia

TBD
USFS' press release (June 12, 2023):

Weekend finals ticket packages for the 2024 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships go on sale Wednesday, June 14 at 10 a.m. ET. Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, will host the 2024 Toyota U.S. Championships, which will take place January 22-28, 2024.

The weekend finals ticket package will include admission to the women's free skate on Friday, the free dance and pairs free skate on Saturday, and the men’s free skate on Sunday. Fans can purchase weekend finals packages with or without Sunday’s Prevagen Skating Spectacular. Weekend finals ticket packages are available at
https://www.columbussports.org/skate/

Direct link: https://www.columbussports.org/skate/tickets/

kiss-n-cry

Team Brown
Aside from everything else that's going on in my life, I'm not purchasing now because I can't see buying a ticket for a seat that's not on the officials' side. I guess they want to fill up the other side so it looks better on tv, but I've been spoiled now. Especially with ice dance. It just isn't the same when you're viewing a program from the "back." It's disappointing that one side of the arena is completely unavailable.

jennysk8oboe

Decisions, decisions! Nationals will never be closer than this to me so I want to go but trying to decide which package. Will likely need handicapped access for my scooter. Please send advice, anyone who wants to. Thanks!

Last edited:

Carolla5501

I just looked at the seating chart.... So basically you can ONLY buy on one side of the arena? They are forcing you to the higher priced tickets on the side you don't want.

Yep I will pass. If that's all they ever offer I will just watch on TV. I actually really like the corner and they aren't giving me the seats I like... then you add in the "single seats can't sit on the aisle restriction" (And they wonder why they don't get fans to attend LOL!)

MacMadame

Doing all the things
There was a way to get a single seat on the aisle in San Jose. But you had to talk to the ticket office. Maybe it will work for 2024 as well.

Sylvia

TBD
Columbus Dispatch article on LeDuc who will appear at the Pride Festival there tomorrow:
Timothy LeDuc is looking forward to marching Saturday in Columbus' Pride parade.
Well, not marching exactly.
"I'm actually going to be roller skating," LeDuc said. "Rollerblading is similar to figure skating, so I'll feel a little bit in my element."
LeDuc, who identifies as queer and uses they/them pronouns, is the first nonbinary skater to compete at the Olympic Winter Games. [...]
LeDuc has since gone into coaching.
"From little tots up to adult skaters," LeDuc said. "I take all ages, all skating levels. I love to work with anyone who has a passion for figure skating. They're my kind of person."
After that, LeDuc will be appearing at the Toyota U.S. Championships booth at the Pride Festival, promoting the 2024 U.S. Figure Skating Championships, which will be coming to Columbus in late January. All-session tickets and weekend passes are on sale.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
If anyone wants tickets on the judges’ side they’ve unblocked some of the seats over there so you’d better run and snag them in case they disappear again. It’s the same limited amount that were open when I got mine in a brief window.

jennysk8oboe

Ugh. Had my spouse call ticketmaster today about weekend package tickets. He was told they were not available yet. What the heck?? This is totally frustrating!

jennysk8oboe

Great news. Called the arena and spoke with someone named Cambria who was quite helpful! Managed to get 2 weekend packages in the ADA section of section 104– just behind the judges, I think. Looking forward to meeting some of you! Apparently the ADA seats are not available thru TicketMaster. Now to find a hotel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information