2024 US Figure Skating Championships

MacMadame

Doing all the things
As said, the tickets are digital, so you can transfer them to anyone via their website. Also, they just scan a QR code to give you entry so you could print them out for your mom if she's not technologically inclined.

ice coverage

Quick q for those who have been in recent years—
Can you share tickets to segments you don’t need or practices? I know you could when they had paper tickets but not sure how it worked now.

Wondering if i could share w my mom if she only wants to see a couple of events and I volunteer during some of them.

As said, the tickets are digital, so you can transfer them to anyone via their website. Also, they just scan a QR code to give you entry so you could print them out for your mom if she's not technologically inclined.

I agree with others that transferring would be do-able, but a minor caveat re printing the QR code (emphasis in original):

"Ticketmaster is the exclusive ticketing partner for events at Nationwide Arena. Mobile tickets are delivered as a SafeTix code. SAVE TO YOUR APPLE WALLET or GOOGLE PAY IN ADVANCE! Not valid printed on paper OR as a screenshot. Don't have a smartphone? - bring your confirm email /photo ID to the Box Office the day of the event for assistance."​

(If someone does not have a smartphone, I hope that a trip to the Box Office would not be a big deal.)

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I think the problem is the code says it's valid starting tomorrow at 9am when you first click the link. So the arena is apparently not aware we're supposed to have a presale today. :mad: I emailed Annie White at USFS but I doubt I'll get a response on a Sunday.

ETA: it's working now but the entire judges' side is grayed out. Not even showing the seats that are supposed to be available per the seat map.

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I always sit across for the judges, so I've now managed to complete the purchase.

I swear, buying Nationals tickets is about the most stressful part of my life.

Good news: The published prices include the ticketing fee.
The purple level tickets are actually higher than what is advertised. They're $444 vs $397.

acraven

That's odd. And it could cause problems for folks buying tickets for others; they might feel they need to get in touch with the other attendees about the higher-than-expected price.

USFS sent out a follow-up email at 10:30, acknowledging the problems with the presale. By that time the issues had cleared up (at least for me), but it's good someone was around to field complaints and do something about them.

I really don't understand why we go through something like this year after year. There can't be that many members of FOFS trying to buy tickets.

Gusmom

Banned Member
They are smart to break it down per session -but I know that includes juniors (which I may not get to if I’m volunteering).

I actually prefer to sit near K & C though my very first skating comp, I was opposite that & had a decent view.

….decisions. Decisions…
That was kind of my point. Since Worlds tix are surely going to be very expensive, the Nats LOC should have gone lower so fans would still buy, even if they also plan to go to Worlds.

The section/row equivalent to my SJ seat is $592, vs $575 for SJ.
That’s surprising too - because Columbus is a much less expensive market than SJ. (or Boston where everything is more)

YukiNieve

In the beginning the seats on the judge side were all grey and un-purchasable and I had to ask my friend to send me the proper link. Why they make this so hard each time!?

And the mail says - Bags will generally NOT be permitted. There is an exception for medical bags, diaper bags OR clutches no larger than 8”x 5”x 1'

So we have to tell them again that a skating event like US Nationals is NOT a 2 hour-long concert. :mad:

Last edited:

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
There are seats available on the judges’ side now with the updated link. I was able to get the seats in 103 that I wanted.
That is awesome! I hope there are some good one available tomorrow when I hopefully get sent a link. I really want to go to Nationals again but I always like being on the judges side.

Gusmom

Banned Member
I’ve never sat behind judges except for practices. (When I had Montréal worlds tix, I bought by the session bc I had no interest in russian ladies & was looking forward to trying different sections.).

Usually do near K&C because I like watching the backstage.

However, that looks pretty far from the ice here and the club section closest is greyed out. I’m considering club because I’m a bigger person.

Has anyone been there?

Iceblink

I was at that arena for a concert a few weeks ago and sat in 116...the seats were comfy enough for both me and my friend and we aren't small people. I treated the trip as a scouting experience for Nationals and decided I am definitely attending--the arena's very nice! Although I agree that the bag policy is going to need to be reconsidered...
My only other Nationals so far was Nashville last year so if anyone wants comparisons between our arena and the area around it vs. Columbus I can help.

Gusmom

Banned Member
I was at that arena for a concert a few weeks ago and sat in 116...the seats were comfy enough for both me and my friend and we aren't small people. I treated the trip as a scouting experience for Nationals and decided I am definitely attending--the arena's very nice! Although I agree that the bag policy is going to need to be reconsidered...
My only other Nationals so far was Nashville last year so if anyone wants comparisons between our arena and the area around it vs. Columbus I can help.

Thanks!
Also I assume they will work w the bag policy. But also hoping if I volunteer, I may be exempt.

Carolla5501

I’m not sure why everyone always assumes that they will override the bag policy for us. At some point some pu is going to stop doing that. Sorry but that’s just the facts.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Nationwide Arena is really nice and comfy. Granted, I haven't lived in Columbus since 2015, but I was there for numerous concerts, skating shows (yearly Skate for Hope), the 2002 Hallmark Championship, Obama's last-minute visit there in 2012 (I think it was the day before the election), etc. I don't remember the deal with club seats and what will be available, but I've been seated in them and the view is still great.

Downtown is also booming and is really clean. There are restaurants attached to the arena, Buca de Beppo for sure (I still get ads in my email :lol:) and probably a bunch of other new ones. I lived in Columbus for 10 years and compared to Cleveland, the winters were like a summer vacation. Snow, but not as often, and not 3 feet on the ground that you have to dig out to go anywhere.

Also, the Short North is just a mile down the road and it's home to a very artsy district and set of shops, and there are some amazing restaurants along the way. A must-visit if you have any free time.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
We got seats in Section 116, Row G, seats 1-2 so we're very happy. Nationwide is a fabulous arena (@tony We were also at the Hallmark Championship back in 2002...we had front row seats which were fabulous) and I'm really excited to see US Nationals there next year. :cheer:

BTW-We are going to be volunteering for this Nats since it's so close to us and I will pass along any information that we find out during that process (and you know I will speak up about the bag thing if possible....that policy works for concerts and other one day events but that's just not feasible for a week long event). I'm also super excited to not have to deal with flight planning drama for this Nats! :D

Gusmom

Banned Member
Nationwide Arena is really nice and comfy. Granted, I haven't lived in Columbus since 2015, but I was there for numerous concerts, skating shows (yearly Skate for Hope), the 2002 Hallmark Championship, Obama's last-minute visit there in 2012 (I think it was the day before the election), etc. I don't remember the deal with club seats and what will be available, but I've been seated in them and the view is still great.

Downtown is also booming and is really clean. There are restaurants attached to the arena, Buca de Beppo for sure (I still get ads in my email :lol:) and probably a bunch of other new ones. I lived in Columbus for 10 years and compared to Cleveland, the winters were like a summer vacation. Snow, but not as often, and not 3 feet on the ground that you have to dig out to go anywhere.

Also, the Short North is just a mile down the road and it's home to a very artsy district and set of shops, and there are some amazing restaurants along the way. A must-visit if you have any free time.
Ironically I’ve lived in Ohio twice & have family there. But haven’t lived there for 15 yrs or so. I think I went to a skating show there once long ago but the arena District barely existed. The other fields were just in planning phases.

Gusmom

Banned Member
We got seats in Section 116, Row G, seats 1-2 so we're very happy. Nationwide is a fabulous arena (@tony We were also at the Hallmark Championship back in 2002...we had front row seats which were fabulous) and I'm really excited to see US Nationals there next year. :cheer:

BTW-We are going to be volunteering for this Nats since it's so close to us and I will pass along any information that we find out during that process (and you know I will speak up about the bag thing if possible....that policy works for concerts and other one day events but that's just not feasible for a week long event). I'm also super excited to not have to deal with flight planning drama for this Nats! :D
Planning to volunteer too though I’m not in Ohio. I’ve volunteered at worlds & SA this fall.
Curious if there will be a shuttle from hotel and if volunteers will be eligible to ride it.

Gusmom

Banned Member
Weird. After I got the email from USFS apologizing for issues with tickets, I went back in to finalize my order. At least half the seats that showed up before were gone. Entire sections. I don’t think there are that many FOFS buying tickets at midnight (EST). I’ll have to call the number they provided tomorrow to see if other sections are actually available.

YukiNieve

We got an email asking to contact a rep at the Nationwide Arena about the ticket sales and this is what she told me:

The USFS asked the arena not to sell seats on the judge side yet (she does not know why) :eek: .
She thinks those seats will be eventually on sale either at the time of weekend package sale or individual ticket sale, which will take place later this summer.

The reason why some of us were able to score tickets on the judge side yesterday was there was a technical glitch that allowed us to do so temporarily. I asked her if those who were able to get the tickets on the judge side "by accident" can keep those seats and she said yes.

Honestly I do not know why the USFS does not want to sell tickets on the judge side to all event ticket buyers, who are really royal figure skating fans - they want to have more people on the opposite side for the broadcasting purpose!?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information