2024 Paris Olympics

skipaway

From the Daily Beast

NBC is set to employ a number of new tactics—from celebrity cameos to a number of wackier gimmicks—to draw as many viewers as it can to the 2024 Olympics in Paris this summer. Peyton Manning, Snoop Dogg, Kelly Clarkson, Mike Tirico and Jimmy Fallon are all set to assist with the broadcast, according to a deep-dive into the network’s plans published by VarietyWednesday. NBC’s novel approach, which includes live coverage of every event on Peacock, will be a change from the relatively sober coverage garnered by past Olympic games, spurred in part by traditional network TV’s fracturing audience numbers. Expect influencer-hosted watch parties, celebrity anchors, and even mid-event gimmicks like sticking heart-rate monitors on athletes’ parents and displaying the results live on the screen, the trade publication reports. “We’ve got to be innovating, trying things differently, trying to match where the media world is in 2024,” Rick Cordella, president of NBC Sports, told Variety.”

😳🤦‍♀️

Sylvia

TBD
Former Delaware ice skaters Lipinski, Weir to combine for NBC's Olympics Closing Ceremonies coverage (April 10):

NBC Sports' press release: https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/...ny-coverage-for-the-olympic-games-paris-2024/

Team USA media summit took place in NYC this past week: https://www.teamusa.com/

Team Canada's lululemon kit for Paris was unveiled on April 16:

Last edited:

Icetalavista

Here’s a thought to get more eyeballs: cover a WAY more varied roster of sports. Bring back those ‘up close and personal’ profiles of athletes of various nationalities. Don’t focus on marquee sports to the exclusion of most other sports. I for one have zip interest in early rounds in swimming, which is soooo tiresomely overcovered in the US because we have medal contenders.

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting here from the P/C fan thread:
The French article today says "Paris 2024 Olympic Games: skater Gabriella Papadakis will carry the Olympic flame to the Athens stadium
While the Olympic flame has just been lit, this Tuesday, in Olympia, the tricolor skater, of Greek origin, will be one of the seven French bearers on Greek territory."
Gabriella will run with the Olympic torch on April 26 in Athens: https://x.com/sportricolore/status/1780642470373527857

"Finally on the eleventh day, Friday, April 26, the Olympic flame will be handed over to Paris 2024 organizers in a ceremony at the all-marble Panathenaic Stadium in Athens, site of the first modern Olympic Games of 1896, on 26 April."

rfisher

Let the skating begin
If you can't make it to Paris, the surfing event will be held in Tahiti. :summer:

Desperado

Team Canada's lululemon kit for Paris was unveiled on April 16:
From a far, the white and red options look like someone forgot a big red shirt in the washer and did a load of white clothing.

Even Leylah Fernandez can’t save it (and oversize does no favours to petite people). I trust her tennis outfits (also Lululemon) will be smoking though.

The pink? burgundy? also look like they ran in the wash.

The red option look like camouflage but I see some flowers in there so I’ll allow it.

The black, red and teal (?) option is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information