2024 Athletics Thread - Road to Paris

MacMadame

Doing all the things
That article talks about the Nike Oregon Project. NOP is how doping and abuse work in the US. It's not state-sponsored but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It happens in individual training centers.

skatingguy

decently
That article talks about the Nike Oregon Project. NOP is how doping and abuse work in the US. It's not state-sponsored but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It happens in individual training centers.
Doping in the US, like everything else, is corporate-sponsored.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Femke Bol running 49 seconds INDOORS is just insane. The Brits did well tonight as well with two gold medals.

ilovepaydays

Cachoo

:cheer: Our track coach at KU was named the head coach for the US Track and Field team for the Olympics. YES!!! Congrats to Coach Redwine.

ilovepaydays

He’s a Swedish world champion and world record holder in athletics. Of course he’s well known in Sweden. :lol:

That’s good to know. I’m not sure how much hype and $$$$ Duplantis would be getting here in the 🇺🇸, especially compared to Noah Lyles and Sha’Carri Richardson.

That link is not working for me.

He's now moved the World Record up to 6.24

Here’s the clip on YouTube.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
That’s good to know. I’m not sure how much hype and $$$$ Duplantis would be getting here in the 🇺🇸, especially compared to Noah Lyles and Sha’Carri Richardson.

Here’s the clip on YouTube.
He'd be getting the same level of hype that Ryan Crouser gets, I'd guess. Which is to say probably not quite the level of Lyles, Richardson or Sydney McLaughlin but still pretty substantial as far as track & field/athletics goes.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
The World Athletics Race Walking Team Championships are taking place today in Turkey with the spots on the line for the new Mixed Relay marathon event. Really unusual format in that teams only have two athletes with each athletes doing alternate 10km legs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information