2023 World Junior Potential/Real Entries

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Japan- Nozomu Yoshioka and Mao Shimada, Murakami/Moriguchi (pairs) and Kida/Morita (dance) have automatic entries for winning Jr Nationals. Japan has 2 spots for men and women each, and 1 for pairs and dance each.

Canada- 3 men, 3 pairs, 3 dance, 1 woman

USA- 3 in M, W, D, and 2 pairs

KOR- 3 W, 2 D

AUS- 3 P

FRA- 2 P, 2 D

EST- 2 M, 2 W

KAZ- 3M

GBR- 2 D

ITA- 2 M, 2 P

GER- 2 P, 2 D

SWE- 2M

SWI- 2 M, 2 W

UKR- 2 P

CZE- 2P

CYP- 2 D

All others one spot

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Potential Chinese entries:

Junior Men: Probably Yudong Chen if he gets the SP MTS at Asian Open, Tonghe Tian also has the MTS

Junior Women: Probably Xiangyi An, Jiaying Cheng also has the MTS

Junior Pairs: Yixi Yang / Shunyang Deng are the only team with the MTS currently

Junior Dance: Xuantong Li / Xinkang Wang are the only team with the MTS currently

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Just a reminder -

ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2023:
SP/RD FS/FD
JUNIOR MEN 25.00 44.00 (previously 23 / 42)
JUNIOR WOMEN 25.00 40.00 (previosuly 23 / 38)
JUNIOR PAIR SKATING 23.00 34.00
JUNIOR ICE DANCE 24.00 38.00 (previously 23 / 37)

Ahead of Jr Worlds & Worlds, there are plenty of opportunities for singles skaters to achieve those elusive TES mins, but there are only 3 competitions that include dance and only 2 that include pairs -

Volvo Open Cup - Jan 18-22 (dance)
Bavarian Open - Jan 31-Feb 5 (dance & pairs)
Jevrivag Cup - Feb 3-5 (dance)
Icelab Cup - Feb 3-5 (pairs)

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
But only 14 pairs. Can’t they at least lower the Junior Pairs minimum scores next time? :( I love the JGP and it’s sad to see skaters not make it to Junior Worlds because of this. I can understand it in the other categories as they want to keep numbers down, but pairs are low enough to begin with…

RoseRed

But only 14 pairs. Can’t they at least lower the Junior Pairs minimum scores next time? :( I love the JGP and it’s sad to see skaters not make it to Junior Worlds because of this. I can understand it in the other categories as they want to keep numbers down, but pairs are low enough to begin with…
I was curious how many teams could be added with lower tech minimums.

Of the countries with multiple spots, Canada (3), the US (2), Germany (2) and France (2) are using all their spots.
For the ones who aren't:
  • Georgia (3) - using 0 - only Safina/Berulava have any international Jr scores
  • Australia (3) - using 1 - only Golubeva/Giotopoulos Moore have any international Jr scores
  • Ukraine (2) - using 1 - only Sierova/Khobta have any international Jr scores
  • Italy (2) - using 0 - Montan/Clerici have them but have aged out of Jr, which leaves Burin/Tommasi who are far off the minimums and Napolitano/Comi (21.98 / 30.36) who are closer
  • Czech Republic (2) - using 1 - only Kucianova/Vochozka have any international Jr scores
For countries with only one spot, China and Japan have both sent a team. Other countries:
  • Spain - 3 teams with scores, closest are de Nardin/Rossi Lopez with 21.50 / 30.36 from the Bavarian Open
  • UK - 2 teams with scores, both nowhere close
  • Netherlands - 1 team with scores, nowhere close
  • Slovakia - 1 team with scores, not very close and don't seem to have competed internationally since 2021
  • Uzbekistan - 1 team with scores, not very close in SP
So if they lowered the SP minimum from 23 to 21, and the FS from 34 to 30, we could have two more teams (Italy and Spain). I wouldn't be opposed to that. We could get a few more if they lowered them a lot:

Sazonova/Tashmukhamedov (UZB) would qualify with minimums set at 17 in SP and 30 in the FS (6 / 4 points lower)
Burin/Tommasi (ITA) would qualify with minimums set at 19 in SP and 26 in the FS (4 / 8 points lower)
Hay/McLeod (GBR) would qualify with minimums set at 14 in SP and 23 in the FS (9 / 11 points lower)
Papa/Kornienko (NED) would qualify with minimums set at 11 in SP and 24 in the FS (12 / 10 points lower)

I'm assuming the Slovak team isn't competing together anymore, but they would need 17 in the SP and 28 in the FS (6 points lower for both).

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I was curious how many teams could be added with lower tech minimums.

Of the countries with multiple spots, Canada (3), the US (2), Germany (2) and France (2) are using all their spots.
For the ones who aren't:
  • Georgia (3) - using 0 - only Safina/Berulava have any international Jr scores
  • Australia (3) - using 1 - only Golubeva/Giotopoulos Moore have any international Jr scores
  • Ukraine (2) - using 1 - only Sierova/Khobta have any international Jr scores
  • Italy (2) - using 0 - Montan/Clerici have them but have aged out of Jr, which leaves Burin/Tommasi who are far off the minimums and Napolitano/Comi (21.98 / 30.36) who are closer
  • Czech Republic (2) - using 1 - only Kucianova/Vochozka have any international Jr scores
For countries with only one spot, China and Japan have both sent a team. Other countries:
  • Spain - 3 teams with scores, closest are de Nardin/Rossi Lopez with 21.50 / 30.36 from the Bavarian Open
  • UK - 2 teams with scores, both nowhere close
  • Netherlands - 1 team with scores, nowhere close
  • Slovakia - 1 team with scores, not very close and don't seem to have competed internationally since 2021
  • Uzbekistan - 1 team with scores, not very close in SP
So if they lowered the SP minimum from 23 to 21, and the FS from 34 to 30, we could have two more teams (Italy and Spain). I wouldn't be opposed to that. We could get a few more if they lowered them a lot:

Sazonova/Tashmukhamedov (UZB) would qualify with minimums set at 17 in SP and 30 in the FS (6 / 4 points lower)
Burin/Tommasi (ITA) would qualify with minimums set at 19 in SP and 26 in the FS (4 / 8 points lower)
Hay/McLeod (GBR) would qualify with minimums set at 14 in SP and 23 in the FS (9 / 11 points lower)
Papa/Kornienko (NED) would qualify with minimums set at 11 in SP and 24 in the FS (12 / 10 points lower)

I'm assuming the Slovak team isn't competing together anymore, but they would need 17 in the SP and 28 in the FS (6 points lower for both).
Honestly, having seen the British and Uzbek teams skate last fall on the JGP, I don't think they are anywhere ready for Jr Worlds. Same goes for the Spanish teams that were on the JGP last fall. I'm not even all that confident in the two German teams or the lower-ranked French team that do have the Jr Worlds TES mins. Maybe an argument could be made to drop them just enough to allow DeNardin/Rossi Lopez from Spain to qualify - I didn't watch Bavarian Open so I haven't an opinion on where they're at technically, but I would be concerned at dropping it any lower than that.

RoseRed

Honestly, having seen the British and Uzbek teams skate last fall on the JGP, I don't think they are anywhere ready for Jr Worlds. Same goes for the Spanish teams that were on the JGP last fall. I'm not even all that confident in the two German teams or the lower-ranked French team that do have the Jr Worlds TES mins. Maybe an argument could be made to drop them just enough to allow DeNardin/Rossi Lopez from Spain to qualify - I didn't watch Bavarian Open so I haven't an opinion on where they're at technically, but I would be concerned at dropping it any lower than that.
Yeah, that's more or less what I was thinking when I looked at the lists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information