2023-24 Challenger Series

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
They said that last year and then didn't provide one. Or even a live results page.
I take no Reposnsiblity for last year. I was freezing my butt in Berlin, not at Golden Spin.

That being said, I will call the organizators first thins in the morning about th elive stream. I was assure there would be live stream. This platform now claims there will be no broadcast but they are 3rd party. They do not decide will there be broadcast or not.

I am posting stuff on twitter handel that is metioned @SkateCroatia

I dont have seasons pass on FSU bc I am lazy so excuse moi.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I take no Reposnsiblity for last year. I was freezing my butt in Berlin, not at Golden Spin.

That being said, I will call the organizators first thins in the morning about th elive stream. I was assure there would be live stream. This platform now claims there will be no broadcast but they are 3rd party. They do not decide will there be broadcast or not.

Oh, we know you had no control over last year. ;) There is only so much you can do when you aren't at the event.

I just wish the ISU would yank the Challenger Status if the organizers don't want to provide a live stream. Give the Challenger status to Bosphorus Cup instead!

kosjenka

You know, I think ISU should make live stream part of the Challanger hosting deal and have hands on proper set up that would be used for all events. To have it all on the organiser is far from ideal and frankly i find it unfair to the athlets.

I have the most content to criticize Croatian Skating Federation, but they have never canceled an event. I was told Santa Claus Cup should be the last challanger. Hungarian fed canceled hosting euros and others needed to jump in to take it. Only covid and war canceled Golden Spin and even in very very financially difficult times, theyt hosted this competition.
I will see whats the deal with live stream. i invested some funds into blankets, thermo socks so I can sit my fluffy butt at the stands and uncomfy chairs so I can tweet the results for yall.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
No live stream this year again.

Somohow I wish I stayed in Berlin.

Let me know if you want someone in particular so I can record and livestream on instagram or something.

oh wow, could you please get all of Amber Glenn, and then would you be able to do a backstage interview? And then maybe like a fluff piece on her that is more focused on me as well?

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
@kosjenka - any and all updates would be appreciated! It appears that the "live results" page is not being updated in real time. Pairs was scheduled to start 20 minutes ago yet the results page still only shows the start order and no results yet.

it’s starting today? Yesterday I went to the Challenger thread in kiss and cry, and there wasn’t even a thread for golden spin.

On My Own

Those girls on chinese sm are stalking your twitter account right now, fyi lol

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Every single year, I wonder why the Croatian fed is given a Challenger event when they clearly are barely able to hold a functional competition. The ISU really needs to shake things up when it comes to their selection of Challenger events. Just because Golden Spin has been a competition for 55+ years doesn't mean it needs to be revered and lifted up to Challenger status anymore.

kosjenka

Right, it was an interesting day. Those of you that followed the live pbp noticed the marks issues after Boyang finished his program. It was super weird. I did not go on and investigate, but heard the judges talking later that the porgram they use had a skip and things did not aligne. I asume there is a protocol how things are done when sth like this happens. Tracey did not seem to be worried, or JIN. It was just a hassle and took a long time as others were not allowed to start their programs, as the wait for the score was so long.
It was decided to delay JINs score for later and they called the remaining 3 skaters to the ice to re warm up. They did and I dont think it messed with them too much In the end.
I foudn out Boyangs scores in press room when aid came in to copy and distribute the signed off marks and detailed scores. Thats when I took photos and posted them on Twitter.

The Chinese girls are super nice and support others skaters too. We chatted. One of them travaled from China to Zagreb directly! Others seem to be in Europe. They said that Chinese federation is giving away free tickets for GPF as there is no local interest for the competition.

I alway ran into Uber Russian fan, as he was known on Instagram and Twitter in 2019 when he went to every competition Khudaiberdieva compeated. He is rahter sweet to talk to.

Spoke to newly aquiered Irish ice dance team and told them that Euros are the best competition of the season, they should be super excited about that. They are agreeing that Riverdance is not a suitable competitive program option.

I liked the Polish pair team And the American team (that did not surprise me, I remember them from before).

I did 2 lives on Twitter, sadly when i tried to do with Tomoki my app on phone did not allow me live anymore so for Boyang I did it from Ipad that has much lower qualaty camera. It is what it is.

Very sad for Jaris meltdown. I will speak to him tomorrow.

Regarding Amber Glenn. I dont want to bother any skaters before competition. If she skates well, I will gladly speak to her and publish something.

Unless I piss off some federation. I had my eyes on Skate Canada and some Hanyu fans. I miss being snarky.

kosjenka

Every single year, I wonder why the Croatian fed is given a Challenger event when they clearly are barely able to hold a functional competition. The ISU really needs to shake things up when it comes to their selection of Challenger events. Just because Golden Spin has been a competition for 55+ years doesn't mean it needs to be revered and lifted up to Challenger status anymore.
My take, its bc Croatia is still cheap to organise and host and others are lazy.

Andrea82

This one may be a first even for their usual standards:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information