2022 U.S. Sectionals, Pairs & Ice Dance Finals - Nov 7-13 in Norwood MA, East Lansing MI, & San Francisco CA

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Awww, I'm still catching up and just saw the WD of Harris/Vollmer. She looked to be just trying to gut this out today and reach a point where she just couldn't go on. Poor thing.

Allen

Glad to be back!
The contrast between Z/K and the first group is quite stark. I've never seen them before, but they are strong overall.

ETA: Of course I type that and then she biffs the twizzle.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Zingas/Kolesnik Has she been doing dance behind our backs for 10 years? Very Pap/Ciz wannabe choreo, but I don’t mind. That’s gonna be hard to beat even with the mistake.

peibeck

Simply looking
Z/K quite angsty and dramatic. Very fiery opening, she was more tentative after twizzle error, but finished quite strong. Lots of potential.

clairecloutier

I didn’t really love the free dance itself, but Zingas/Kolesnik sure are appealing and talented skaters to watch. Both so expressive, they really create some beautiful pictures on the ice. Amazing how quickly they’ve gelled, especially with her lack of dance experience.

Karen-W

ZingKol - they really are a well-matched team and look just wonderful together. They have beautiful lifts already. Bummer about that first twizzle for her! Apart from that error, I really enjoyed that from them!

But, really, no sense in saying 1st place is gone until FlorDes skate, ya'll, lol.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Do I have amnesia or did they look stronger than this in the RD? Maybe that style just suited them better.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Krauskopf/Jin King and I. Really? I’m finding the whole thing awkward, including the skating.

Karen-W

Bad twizzles from both of them - I'd rather Murphy/Levitt get the 5th ticket to Nats, but I feel like this team maybe had too big of a lead to drop into 6th overall.

peibeck

Simply looking
Not only doing two measures of "Shall We Dance" in a closed hold during this "King and I" program? 🤦‍♂

A few nice moments but overall this seems pretty labored.

Karen-W

This King and I isn't doing it for me, at all. They are not a matched pair imo.
That's what I thought yesterday, but the RD was able to mask that more than the FD.
Not only doing two measures of "Shall We Dance" in a closed hold during this "King and I" program? 🤦‍♂

A few nice moments but overall this seems pretty labored.
Perfect description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information