2022 Stars on Ice Japan Tour

Sylvia

TBD
IIRC, Nathan, Vincent, Alysa and Chock & Bates were scheduled for the Japan SOI shows in April 2020 so I hope they all get to go this year!

Might as well link to the 2 North American SOI tour threads in GSD:

U.S.:

Canada:

seabm7

Bold means added on March 16:

Osaka: April 2 evening, April 3 afternoon and evening
Tokyo: April 8 evening, April 9 afternoon and evening, April 10 evening

Nathan Chen
Shoma Uno
Yuma Kagiyama (Tokyo April 9 evening and 10 evening only.)
Vincent Zhou
Junhwan Cha
Kazuki Tomono
Koshiro Shimada
Keiji Tanaka

Kaori Sakamoto (Osaka only)
Wakaba Higuchi
Alysa Liu
Mana Kawabe (Osaka, Tokyo April 8-9)
Mai Mihara
Satoko Miyahara
Rika Kihira
Young You (Osaka, Tokyo April 8)

Alexa Knierim & Brandon Frazier

Riku Miura & Ryuichi Kihara (Osaka, Tokyo April 8-9)

Madison Chock & Evan Bates
Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker
Misato Komatsubara & Tim Koleto
Kana Muramoto & Daisuke Takahashi (Tokyo only)

Last edited:

seabm7

The added Hachinohe leg:

April 15
April 16 afternnon and evening
April 17

Kaori Sakamoto, Wakaba Higuchi, Mana Kawabe
Mai Mihara, Satoko Miyahara, Rika Kihira
Young YOU, Mao Shimada, Hanna Yoshida
Ayumi Shibayama, Azusa Tanaka

Kazuki Tomono, Koshiro Shimada, Keiji Tanaka
Sena Miyake, Sumitada Moriguchi, Shunsuke Nakamura

Riku Miura & Ryuichi Kihara

Misato Komatsubara & Tomothy Koleto
Kaitlin Hawayet & Jean-Luc Baker
Kana Muramoto & Daisuke Takahashi

ostile17

Kana Muramoto and Daisuke Takahashi have been also added to the Osaka shows

April 2, 2022 (Sat) 12:00
April 2, 2022 (Sat) 18:00
April 3, 2022 (Sun) 12:00

Last edited:

YukiNieve

Not sure if this will be geo-blocked, but SOI Japan will have an official press conference on YouTube on Friday about 2:30PM (local time, 1:30AM EST), and it seems that participating skaters will be there.

sheen

Live Streaming for the show held at 1800 (JST) on April 9 is available (live only no archive).
The price is JPY 3,250. (Before purchasing you need to check you can enjoy the streaming from your location by viewing the footage posted in the following site (although this is in Japanese but you can use Google translation):

Last edited:

skatfan

I read on Twitter that H/B did not perform in the 4/1 show due to sudden poor health of Kaitlin. Jean-Luc performed in the group numbers. No details were given, it was a tweet from someone at the show.
Dang. She has had so many health/injury issues.

Debbie S

I read on Twitter that H/B did not perform in the 4/1 show due to sudden poor health of Kaitlin. Jean-Luc performed in the group numbers. No details were given, it was a tweet from someone at the show.
Food poisoning? Covid? Whatever it is, wishing Kaitlin a speedy recovery.

ostile17

Not sure if this will be geo-blocked, but SOI Japan will have an official press conference on YouTube on Friday about 2:30PM (local time, 1:30AM EST), and it seems that participating skaters will be there.

Not geo-blocked!

YukiNieve

SOI will have another 3 shows in Hachinohe, Japan, on 10/9/22 and 10/10/22.

The list of skaters invited so far is:

• Satoko Miyahara
  • Loena Hendrickx
  • Rika Kihira
  • Mirai Nagasu
  • Mariah Bell
  • Bradie Tennell
  • Ekaterina Kuracova

• Jeffrey Buttle
  • Jason Brown
  • Daniel Grassl
  • Michal Brezina
  • Ilia Malinin
  • Koshiro Shimada

• Hubbell and Donohue
  • Weaver and Poje
  • Moore-Towers and Marinaro

Sylvia

TBD
SOI will have another 3 shows in Hachinohe, Japan, on 10/9/22 and 10/10/22.
https://figureskate-soi.com/kg/2022/skaters.html
Makes sense since many of the skaters will have just skated in the Japan Open/Carnival on Ice on October 8:

Yuka Sato "Ending life as a professional skater" October "Stars on Ice" last dance (Sept. 22):

Machine translation:

Professional figure skater Yuka Sato (49) will say goodbye to performances at the end of the ice show "Stars on Ice" in Hachinohe (Flat Hachinohe) on October 9th and 10th.
 Sato said on the 22nd, "This time, I have decided to put an end to my life as a professional skater for many years. The Stars on Ice Hachinohe performance on October 9th and 10th will be my last. It will be a performance." He commented, "I am working hard to prepare so that I can skate in front of everyone with a smile. Please come and see me."

Both his father Nobuo and mother Kumiko are Olympic athletes, and Yuka finished seventh at the 1992 Albertville Olympics and fifth at the 1994 Lillehammer Olympics. After winning the gold medal at the 1994 World Championships, she turned to professional skating and worked as a coach and choreographer. According to her management office, she will also be seriously involved in other work such as producing ice shows in the future.

The Hachinohe performance was scheduled to be held in April, but due to the Fukushima Prefecture Offshore Earthquake in March, the performance was canceled and will be held as "JAPAN TOUR 2022 Autumn".

YukiNieve

You can watch a paid live stream (3,000 yen for each show) for 10/9 (7PM), 10/10 (1PM, 6:30PM) for Hachinoje SOI Japan - all local time. There is no on-demand for this service.

The above is (supposedly) an English page that describes how to purchase a ticket for live streaming, but a part of the page remains in Japanese (at least on my PC). 😅 Please make sure that you have a recommended device if you do buy this ticket.

• If you do not currently have a Zaiko account, you will need to register for the free Zaiko account and sign in before ticket purchase.
  • The live streaming URL can only be watched by signing into the Zaiko account used at the time of purchase. Please note that sharing the live streaming URL via messenger app or SNS does not provide viewing access for other people.
  • Tickets cannot be canceled, changed, or refunded in any circumstances except if the event is canceled or postponed.
  • During a live streaming event, streaming is synchronized in real-time from the host and you will not be able to rewind the streaming even if you started watching past the initial start time. However, you will be able to watch the full content during the video archived period as many times as you would like.. (applicable only for events that are set up with the video archive feature)

Sylvia

TBD
Jeff Buttle's on ice group selfie with 10 of his fellow cast members in Hachinohe:

SOI also tweeted an on ice photo of co-choreographers Yuka Sato and Jeff Buttle: https://twitter.com/starsonice/status/1578571443876470784

Jason's 6 photos with fellow cast members ("…and we’re off to Hachinohe for #SOIAutumn2022!"): https://www.instagram.com/p/Cjed4atrs5V/ ; he also tweeted 4 of the photos: https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/1578934299478589440

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information