2022 Skate Canada - Mississauga! (Excitement/Planning Thread)

Yyzskater

Same here. All seats (even nosebleed) said $300, which I found odd. But once it was in the basket, the prices changed accordingly.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
I am going with my usual travel group so I won't know where I'm sitting until I get my tickets from them shortly before the event. I know I'll be in the $200 seats - I believe the first 3 rows are the $300 level.

victorskid

For those who may have missed the presale, all event tickets are now available for sale to everyone: https://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/10005CCF99CF3A9E

Note that it says that "ticket delivery will be delayed until August 31st".

It also says: "Please note that all bags will be searched prior to entering the venue. Bags, backpacks or purses cannot be larger than 14 x 14 x 6 and are not permitted in the venue. You may also be asked to empty your pockets of all items so they can be examined."

Sylvia

TBD
Today's press release (Oct. 11):
Skate Canada is pleased to announce that two-time Olympic silver medallist and three-time world medallist, Elvis Stojko, is returning as Event Ambassador for the 2022 Skate Canada International, while two-time Canadian champion, Nam Nguyen, will serve as In-Venue Host. [...]
After retiring earlier this summer, Nguyen will bring his expertise to the rink by interacting with athletes and fans alike during both competition days.
“It’s an honour to be at this ISU event and interacting so closely with the fan base just shortly after my retirement,” said Nguyen. “Skating has and will continue to be a huge part of my life and I am grateful to Skate Canada and the fans for welcoming me back. I am looking forward to the competition ahead and excited to see what unfolds.”

Gr8Sk8

Cross posting - please reply under the Ticket for Sale thread.

One full event package ticket
available for Skate Canada Thu • Oct 27 2022 – Sun • Oct 30 2022
Paramount Fine Foods Centre — Mississauga, ON - 5500 Rose Cherry Pl, Mississauga, ON
Sec 5, Row D,
$225

Great seats - outstanding seat mates. Sorry that I can't go.

Margaret

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I know what the long term weather forecast is and will pack accordingly. The temperatures do sound wonderful (40's to 60's F, only a couple of days of rain the days preceding SC) compared to several years ago (snow, ice and cold)

I was in the Paramount Arena years ago, but can't remember the inside temperature.

Sounding like a typical American, what should I anticipate in terms of temperature indoors? I know layers..but there are layers and then there are LAYERS. Like double socks, leggings under jeans - that sort of stuff. Trying to pack.

Hopefully if I explain my back pain, they will let me bring in my pillow.

kimkom

I know what the long term weather forecast is and will pack accordingly. The temperatures do sound wonderful (40's to 60's F, only a couple of days of rain the days preceding SC) compared to several years ago (snow, ice and cold)

I was in the Paramount Arena years ago, but can't remember the inside temperature.

Sounding like a typical American, what should I anticipate in terms of temperature indoors? I know layers..but there are layers and then there are LAYERS. Like double socks, leggings under jeans - that sort of stuff. Trying to pack.

The last time Skate Canada was at that arena IT. WAS. FREEZING! I don't know if that has been fixed since then.

DE93

The rink is cool but not usually absolutely freezing. If you've been to Doug Mitchell Thunderbird arena in Vancouver for any SC events, it's much, much warmer than that, but it can definitely get pretty chilly after a few hours!

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I will pack like I did for Alaska....lots of layers, hand warmers if necessary, and a warm coat with gloves and hat handy. :D

I am SO excited to be heading to SC next week! It's been a while since I've attended a competition (or even a show) in Canada and I can't wait to see this event up there. Hopefully I get to see you guys at some point too! Has there been any talk of a dinner or get together at all while we're all there? :)

once_upon

Better off than 2020
The rink is cool but not usually absolutely freezing. If you've been to Doug Mitchell Thunderbird arena in Vancouver for any SC events, it's much, much warmer than that, but it can definitely get pretty chilly after a few hours!
I think I was so traumatized by the seating total lack of handrails at the Thunderbird I don't remember how cold it was.

kimkom

Yes, I’ve been to both, and Thunderbird was crazy cold too. SC in Mississauga in 2011 was ridiculous, but in 2016 I don’t remember it being as bad.

We’ll definitely have to plan a group dinner or something!

nuage

So it’s much colder than watching SOI? I saw SOI on Scotiabank and in Hamilton and didn’t think it was that bad.

victorskid

So it’s much colder than watching SOI? I saw SOI on Scotiabank and in Hamilton and didn’t think it was that bad.
Sitting in the arena for several events of a competition will almost always be cooler than sitting through a 2 hour show :)

Layers are always a good idea, including gloves & socks. 🧤🧦 A scarf can be useful if you are seated in the vicinity of a draft. 🧣

Last edited:

nuage

Sitting in the arena for several events of a competition will almost always be cooler than sitting through a 2 hour show :)

Layers are always a good idea, including gloves & socks. 🧤🧦 A scarf can be useful if you are seated in the vicinity of a draft. 🧣
Thanks! I’ll come prepared! 🥶

nuage

I could have sworn I bought parking with the tickets. Am I crazy? Was that available?

sharpblade

Humm okay. I might be confusing it with SOI. Thanks! :)
Something I'm not very happy about is that SC is now offering a 20% discount on ticket purchased with the code NatTeam 2022. I don't feel it's fair to the loyal followers that purchased them as soon as they became available. I assumes ticket sales are not what they anticipated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information