2022 Skate Canada Challenge - Dec. 1-5 2021

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Tobin used to struggle to save her landings because of bad leans in the air, but this season she is really controlling them a lot better. She has skated better than skaters who had multiple international opportunities this year too. Well I'll be pulling so hard for her at nationals!

Catherine M

That's a shame about Tobin as there is a real possibility that she's up there in Ottawa nationals and doesn't get a chance to skate at 4CC.

Erin

Banned Member
I thought yesterday that Tobin’s basic skating was a bit weak, but considering how much better she is at landing the jumps than many others in Canada these days, it does seem ridiculous that she didn’t get a chance to get the TES minimums.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Oops the tech tracker is stuck on the first element for Isabelle, who is not skating well at all...

honey

I always find Veronik so pleasant to watch. Great basic skating skills. The lack of harder triples had my mind wandering to how tall she was and whether she'd ever tried pairs....

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Daleman is a little stiff on some of these landings but she's saving them so far...I guess she isn't doing the triple loop anymore. Good to see her showing more fight but Schizas is still clearly the front runner for the Olympic spot.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I think Daleman had rotation issues on just about every jump and seemed to land on the blade a little jarringly each time, but this is much better than almost if not everything else she's done this Olympic cycle.

Catherine M

It will be interesting to see how that free program looks in 5 weeks at Canadians for Daleman. Could be a contender for the podium

honey

Daleman continues to try different lay outs for the lp...

3T+2T
3F
3Z+2T little shaky but done
2A
2A
2S
3Z on an impossible lean and under most likely

I think it's a good idea for her to be going for less content.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Didn't she have a second combo in there somewhere? Or am I spacing out?

Sylvia

TBD
LOL that Barkell looked like he wanted to stay out of camera range as Gabby was tugging at him...

chewy

From a choreo standpoint, that’s the best that Gabby has skated this program, it flowed together. Landing jumps helps too.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Daleman is a little stiff on some of these landings but she's saving them so far...I guess she isn't doing the triple loop anymore. Good to see her showing more fight but Schizas is still clearly the front runner for the Olympic spot.
No triple-triple; one edge call; and a Q on the Lutz again.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Split falling leaf at the exact same point as a certain other skater. That's an homage ;)

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Lee is really struggling...she's a lovely skater though.

So seems the final warmup group at nationals will be Mallet, Tobin, Daleman, Schizas, Schumacher, Bausback.

Catherine M

Well another great Challenge in the books. Even though Skate Canada drives me nuts sometimes, its great that they don't geo block their streams giving this American a chance to watch.

See everyone in the Golden Spin thread next week as my Medical Leave has a few more weeks to go; I promise not to bitch too much that Amanda Tobin isn't there and THREE pair teams are.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
See everyone in the Golden Spin thread next week as my Medical Leave has a few more weeks to go; I promise not to bitch too much that Amanda Tobin isn't there and THREE pair teams are.
Please feel free to state this opinion in the Canadian women's (still titled ladies as it was created before the ISU changed it LOL) thread. I've already expressed my disappointment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information