2022-23 Program Music and Choreographers

Andrea82

Jari Kessler

SP: Angela by The Lumineers. Choreo: Drew Meekins
FS: Forgiveness by Hugo Chouinard. Choreo: Barbara Riboldi

Tomas-Llorenc Guarino Sabate

SP: St. James Infirmary Blues by Mario Pezzotta Orchestra; Happy by C2C
FS: Sarabande by G.-F. Haendel, perf by Angele Dubeau, La pieta; Sarabande by G.-F. Haendel, The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra; Sarabande by G.-F. Haendel, perf. by Globus

Andrea82

Charlotte LAFOND-FOURNIER/Richard Kang In KAM

RD:
Samba: Temperature by Sean Paul
Rhumba: Attention (Charlie Puth Cover) by DJ Ice
Samba: Cheap Thrills (feat. Sean Paul) by Sia, Sean Paul

FD:
Main Girl (Stripped) by Charlotte Cardin
Main Girl by Charlotte Cardin
Meaningless by Charlotte Cardin

Maria Sofia PUCHEROVA/Nikita LYSAK

RD:
Samba: Swing da Cor by Daniela Mercury
Rhumba: La Playa by Chayanne
Samba: SloMo by Chanel
FD:
Always Watching You by Peter Cincitti
I See Red by Everybody Loves an Outlaw
My Tunnels Are Long Dark These Days by Asaf Avidan

Choreo: Lukáš Csolley , Corrardo Giordani

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Breaking my own rules & reporting on banned Russians… but, heck, it’s Tuktamysheva! New SP to that rare piece of music, Feeling Good (Nina Simone v.):

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Breaking my own rules & reporting on banned Russians… but, heck, it’s Tuktamysheva! New SP to that rare piece of music, Feeling Good (Nina Simone v.):

At least it's not the dreadful Bublé version.
But I still hate this song. With a passion.

chantilly

Then Worlds will be in Canada in 2024. Any bets Keegan will stay in for 2 more years?
I doubt it. But, I think it’ll depend on how Gogolev progresses or Phan or Orzel or of Sadovsky can finally get it together.

ostile17

@Rhumba d’Amour congratulations on your correct prediction of their program....

Kana Muramoto/Daisuke Takahashi (JPN)
FD: Music from The Phantom of the Opera
Choreographed by Marina Zueva, Ilia Tkachenko, Kenta Kojiri

Source: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CiXA6qsoPR3/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
There are messages from Kana and Dai on their official websites

Dai:
I will be skating The Phantom of the Opera for the first time since the 06-07 season, 15 years ago, LOL. I didn't think back then that I would skate it in competition as an ice dancer. I have always wanted to skate this piece again someday, so I wonder what's the meaning in skating it again in this way! I'll do my best to present the completed program to you all so that I can make it mean something! Please Look forward to it!

Kana:
This season's free dance is Phantom of the Opera! It's been 15 years since Takahashi's single days of the Phantom of the Opera. It's like a dream to be able to skate the story of the Phantom of the Opera together as an ice dancer.
I'm really looking forward to seeing how Phantom and Christine's world view of the opera will be completed!

We will do our best to make it a wonderful program, so please continue to support us this season!

Last edited:

Rhumba d’Amour

@Rhumba d’Amour congratulations on your correct prediction of their program....

Kana Muramoto/Daisuke Takahashi (JPN)
FD: Music from The Phantom of the Opera
Choreographed by Marina Zueva, Ilia Tkachenko, Kenta Kojiri

Source: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CiXA6qsoPR3/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Thank you but really, I would rather not have been right. My mind immediately jumped to that as the number one choice that I would never want anyone to pick :)

Still, it will be quite a challenge to do anything with POTO that hasn’t been done a million times already, and as we all know, Daisuke loves a challenge!

I suppose it could be a hip hop version or something like that. Or a gender reversal, with Daisuke as Christine. :)

Bigbird

There are messages from Kana and Dai on their official websites

Dai:
I will be skating The Phantom of the Opera for the first time since the 06-07 season, 15 years ago, LOL. I didn't think back then that I would skate it in competition as an ice dancer. I have always wanted to skate this piece again someday, so I wonder what's the meaning in skating it again in this way! I'll do my best to present the completed program to you all so that I can make it mean something! Please Look forward to it!

Kana:
This season's free dance is Phantom of the Opera! It's been 15 years since Takahashi's single days of the Phantom of the Opera. It's like a dream to be able to skate the story of the Phantom of the Opera together as an ice dancer.
I'm really looking forward to seeing how Phantom and Christine's world view of the opera will be completed!

We will do our best to make it a wonderful program, so please continue to support us this season!
Why? Why? WHY?

mikeko

To be honest, I'm a bit dissapointed that Kana and Dai chose POTO. On the other hand, I'm very curious how Marina brings a new interpretation. Kana said Marina's main theme is to focus on Dai, not Kana, which is exact oposite of what JSF's ice dance judges/coaches think "correct" ice dance should be. JSF judges/coaches insists "the woman is a painting and the man is a frame, he shouldn't stand out." Marina once said "Kana is cherry blossoms and Dai is a bouquet."

screech

I just hope that they PLEASE use the Michael Crawford original version of the songs instead of the Gerard Butler ones from the movie. Why people seem to go that direction all the time baffles me. Plus, Crawford has a figure skating connection, since he became a member of Torvill and Dean's coaching team in (I believe) 1983!

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Kaitlin Hawayek / Jean-Luc Baker

RD: Samba: Cuban Pete by-Desi Arnaz and His Orchestra, Joe Davis, Oswaldo Farrés
Rhumba: Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps (Quizas, Quizas, Quias) by Desi Arnaz and His Orchestra, Jose Norman
Samba: El Cumbanchero by Desi Arnaz and His Orchestra, Xavier Cugat, Rafael Hernandez

FD: Requiem by Askjell Solstrand
Sofia by Aurora Aksnes, Askjell Solstrand, Vilde Iris Hartveit Kolltveit

Choreographers: Marie-France Dubreuil, Massimo Scali, Kaitlin Hawayek, Jean-Luc Baker

Source: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054329.htm

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Kaitlin Hawayek / Jean-Luc Baker

RD: Samba: Cuban Pete by-Desi Arnaz and His Orchestra, Joe Davis, Oswaldo Farrés
Rhumba: Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps (Quizas, Quizas, Quias) by Desi Arnaz and His Orchestra, Jose Norman
Samba: El Cumbanchero by Desi Arnaz and His Orchestra, Xavier Cugat, Rafael Hernandez
Aww, I Love Lucy vibes! This should be fun! :)

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
And I had hoped MIDA would come up with some original music ideas...Sigh.
Has Spartacus been that widely done in dance? The only one I remember off hand is Lynn and Logan's from 2014. I'm excited for this program since it's classical and a big piece of music that can bring all the drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information