2022-23 Program Music and Choreographers

airgelaal

This could be the result of a number of complaints about the fact that a French music mixer was being noted in skater's bios as the composer - when he wasn't - and was also being credited on that little screen that appears as skaters take the ice at competitions. Maybe the ISU issued stricter instructions about who skaters list as composers this season.
And don't forget about youtube. I think it's much more difficult now to clear the rights.

jenny12

Oh honey, you can have "Je Suis Malade" or you can have originality. You can't have both at the same time.

True.

And there’s so many other songs about being sick. How about “Somebody Get Me a Doctor” by Van Halen instead? 😜

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series

Dobre

I don't agree about the Canadian man bit, and while Fly Me to the Moon is unoriginal & overused, I'm not sure I'd say its typical of Camden.

The Invierno Porteno, though. You've hit the nail on the head there.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Bésame Mucho

that was Latin but not a tango?

It brought him luck. Well done. Hope that he can do well this year.

ostile17

I don't agree about the Canadian man bit, and while Fly Me to the Moon is unoriginal & overused, I'm not sure I'd say its typical of Camden.

The Invierno Porteno, though. You've hit the nail on the head there.
Memories of Dai's Invierno Porteno...:swoon:
Can't wait to see Camden's.

Dobre

Bésame Mucho

that was Latin but not a tango?

It brought him luck. Well done. Hope that he can do well this year.
I really liked Bésame Mucho. (I like Bésame Mucho, period, as long as skaters don't use that growly, howling version). He did Oblivion previously.

Andrea82

Solene Mazingue and Marko Jevgeni Gaidajenk (EST)

RD
Rhumba: Amado Mio by Pink Martini
Cha Cha: Donde Estas Yolanda by Pink Martini
Rhumba: Amado Mio by Pink Martini

FD
Evil Morty by Lucas King
Evil Morty Theme by Samuel Kim

Choreographers: Romain Haguenauer, Marie-France Dubreuil, Guillaume Cizeron, Samuel Chouinard, Scott Moir

Andrea82

Nikita Starostin (Germany)

SP: Maria from musical West Side Story by Leonard Bernstein, Mark Seibert, Stephen Sondheim

FS: Corner Of The Earth by Jamiroquai, Jay Kay, Rob Harris; Canned Heat by Jamiroquai, Wallis Buchanan, Jay Kay, Derrick McKenzie, Simon Katz, Toby Smith, Sola Akingbola

Choreos: Adam Solya

Davide Lewton Brian (Monaco)

SP: The Real Me by Paper Plane, Laurent Aknin, arranged by Cedric Tour
Choreo: Benoit Richaud

FS: Sound of Silence by Disturbed, Maxime Rodriguez
Choreo: Madison Hubbell, Adrian Diaz

Regina Schermann (Hungary)

SP: The Dreams That Stuff Is Made Of (The theory of everything soundtrack) by Johann Johanson, Domestic pressures (The theory of everything soundtrack) by Johann Johanson, Chalkboard (The theory of everything soundtrack) by Johann Johanson

FS:Is It Poison, Nanny? (Sherlock Holmes soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer, Discombobulate (Sherlock Holmes soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer, Ah, Putrefaction (Sherlock Holmes soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer, Data Data Data (Sherlock Holmes soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer, Catatonic (Sherlock Holmes soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer

Sofiia Holichenko/Artem Darenskyi (Ukraine)

SP: Zhyva by The Hardkiss, Julia Sanina, Valeriy Bebko
FS: Smells Like Teen Spirit by Malia J, Nirvana, The Muse’s Dance by Jo Blankenburg, Rise of the Phoenix by Jennifer Thomas, Macabracadabra by Jo Blankenburg

Choreos: Ivan Lytvynenko

Letizia Roscher/ Luis Schuster (Germany)

SP: In the Air Tonight by Joseph William Morgan ft. Shadow Royale, Phil Collins
FS: Experience by Ludovico Einaudi, Every Ending Is a Chance by Claire Marigold Wyndham, Adrianne Elaine Gonzalez

Choreos: Stephanie Schneider, Susan Fichtelmann

Morisi Kvitelashvili (Georgia)

SP: Way Down We Go by Kaleo, Break My Baby by Kaleo

Choreo: Daniil Gleikhengauz, Alexei Zheleznikov

Sources: ISU bios updated

Sylvia

TBD
Yelim Kim (KOR)

FS: Summer of '42 OST
I heard this piece [Yelim's SP to "Mercy Me"] on Sirius XM the other day. It was composed by Max Richter and is really gorgeous. Hilary Hahn commissioned it for her modern encores album. I think it will really suit Yelim.
Both of Yelim Kim's programs were choreographed by David Wilson.

Haien Lee (KOR)
SP: "Storm" by Eric Radford
Choreographer: Tom Dickson
FS: Selections from The Phantom of the Opera
Choreographer: Shae-Lynn Bourne

Jia Shin (KOR) - 2022 World Junior silver medalist
SP: "The Giving" by Michael W. Smith
FS: Tree of Life Suite by Roberto Caciapaglia
Choreographer: Yeaji Shin

Source for these 3 women's programs comes from an article that is posted in the Korean news thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/korean-skating-news-updates.104356/page-16#post-6283233

Andrea82

Taschlerova/Taschler

RD
Samba: Hips Don't Lie by Shakira
Rhumba: Hero by Enrique Inglesias
Samba: Hips Don't Lie by Shakira

FD:
On The Nature Of The Daylight by Max Richter
Run by Ludovico Einaudi
Early Morning Fog by Jacob Shea, Jasha Klebe

Choreos: Matteo Zanni

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ Taschlerova/Taschler's updated ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00103356.htm

Isabeau Levito (USA) debuted her programs at the Philadelphia Summer International this past weekend and a Philadelphia Inquirer article (link is posted in the U.S. Women's thread) confirmed her programs as follows:
SP: "Una Noche Mas" performed by Yasmin Levy
FS: "Dulcea Si Tandra Mea Fiara" sung in Romanian by Catalina Caraus (set to "My Sweet and Tender Beast" by Evgeni Doga - same version used by Schizas in her SP last season)
Choreographer: Yulia Kuznetsova (Levito's coach)

Lara Naki Gutmann (ITA) shared 2 clips today (didn't mention who choreographed): https://www.instagram.com/p/ChH76B5oeg9/
New programs for season 2022/23 ✨

FS: soundtracks from Hitchcock's movies
SP: "Un año de amor" by Luz Casal

ETA that Gracie Gold kept her 2021-22 "East of Eden" SP (choreo. by Jeremy Abbott) in her 3rd place season debut at the Philadelphia Summer International and her new FS to Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini was choreographed by Michael Solonoski: https://www.instagram.com/p/ChAW-5ULAB5/

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I hope we get to see Gutmann's Hitchcock program soon! I noticed none of the Italian women have a GP, which I guess makes sense based on the world rankings, but is still a bummer.

airgelaal

Anastasiia Arkhypova (Ukr)
SP: «Cornfield Chase» by Michael Forster and Dorian Marko
She choreographed this program herself and also shared 3 clips of the program.

Andrea82

Jennifer Janse etc / Benjiamin Steffan

RD

Samba: Safari by J Balvin, Pharrell Williams, Bia, Sky Rompiendo - José Osorio, Pharrell Williams, Bianca Landrau, Alejandro Ramírez, Jesse Huerta
Cha Cha: Havana by Pentatonix, Scott Hoying, Kirstin Maldonado, Mitch Grassi, Kevin Olusola, Matt Sallee
Samba: Move It by Reel 2 Real feat. The Mad Stuntman - Erick Morillo

FS

Prelude Age of Heroes Symphonic Arena Show by Balazs Havasi

Choreography: Mariia Tumanovska-Chaiika

Source: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00102043.htm

Matyas Belohradsky

SP: Warriors - League of Legends by 2WEI, Edda Hayes
FS: From Now On (The Greatest Showman soundtrack), The Other Side (The Greatest Showman soundtrack), The Greatest Show (The Greatest Showman soundtrack)

Choreo: Matyas Belohradsky

Source: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054497.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information