2022-23 ISU Grand Prix Assignments are published

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Ooooooo! Per this IG post from Jim Peterson, Plazas/Fernandez have been assigned the SkAm pairs host TBD spot!!! Hope to see this confirmed on the USFS Int'l Assignments page tomorrow!

Karen-W

Maé-Bérénice Méité got the host spot in France!

All the grids have been updated -

FRA TBD spots now assigned -
Men - Luc Economides
Women - Maé-Bérénice Méité
Pairs - Aurelie Faula/Theo Belle (little surprised this didn't go to Keriven/Bouvart, but we haven't seen either team in competition yet)
Dance - Marie Dupayage/Thomas Nabais (also a bit surprised that Lagouge/Caffa didn't get this, but maybe the FFSG is gambling that they'll get a 2nd GP assignment elsewhere)

Currently, the only open spots are -
SkAm - 1 pairs
SCI - 2 pairs host spots
MKJW - 1 woman
NHK - 1 woman (once Ryabova is crossed out)

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Is Daniel OK or will he soon be withdrawing from skate America?

and economides got the host France spot and Faula and belle in pairs. I don’t know anything about them though

dupaiyge and nabais in dance, never heard of them either But looking forward to seeing some new people and teams

sorry @Karen-W I C you already mentioned the updates to the grids, again just trying to get acclimated to being back on the other side of the planet

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove

Does anyone predict a USA sweep in ice dance at skate America? If I was not so jetlagged maybe I would create a poll

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Does anyone predict a USA sweep in ice dance at skate America? If I was not so jetlagged maybe I would create a poll
Gold & Silver most likely. Bronze? I would bet on political pull from ISU/JapanFed to feed into Project KanaDai getting some momentum this fall… assuming no glaring errors in twizzles or dropping partner.

AngieNikodinovLove

I wouldn't. KanaDai were getting a big push last season and they're going to get an even bigger push this season. I'm sure the JSF wants them in the top 10 at Worlds next March so they can have two spots, especially with the very promising junior team they have.

ohhhhhhhh. You are right, I had in my mind that it was K/K of Japan in skate America. And after I just saw the score at the US classic I was wondering why you thought they were going to get the bronze. Yes you are absolutely right

I wrote it down wrong

SidelineSkater

ohhhhhhhh. You are right, I had in my mind that it was K/K of Japan in skate America. And after I just saw the score at the US classic I was wondering why you thought they were going to get the bronze. Yes you are absolutely right

I wrote it down wrong

Someone should have sent you a fax and birthday flashlight to read it!

It would be cool to have a USA dance sweep.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

It would be cool to have a USA dance sweep.
I agree! It just doesn’t compute in light of current I$U politics. We saw a set-up to this yesterday with the marks for KoKo and MacSpiridonov in the US Classic free dances…both under marked with their sophisticated FDs (IMO)…setting things up for the 2022 SkAm bronze outcome. The plan to prop-up KanaDai is this season’s equivalent of last year’s DavisSmolkin “plan.” I sincerely hope that I’m wrong.

Karen-W

I agree! It just doesn’t compute in light of current I$U politics. We saw a set-up to this yesterday with the marks for KoKo and MacSpiridonov in the US Classic free dances…both under marked with their sophisticated FDs (IMO)…setting things up for the 2022 SkAm bronze outcome. The plan to prop-up KanaDai is this season’s equivalent of last year’s DavisSmolkin “plan.” I sincerely hope that I’m wrong.
Maybe wait until KanaDai make their season debut before passing judgment on whether or not they are being "propped up," mmmkay?
Laurin and Ethier were added to the pairs grid for Skate Canada. There's till one TBD (CAN).
Good for them!
HolDar were added to Espoo several weeks ago when it first emerged that they couldn't get visas for SkAm and Golubeva/Giotopoulos Moore were confirmed to be competing on the JGP this season instead of the GP - HolDar were shifted to the Espoo assignment that GolGM vacated.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
HolDar were added to Espoo several weeks ago when it first emerged that they couldn't get visas for SkAm and Golubeva/Giotopoulos Moore were confirmed to be competing on the JGP this season instead of the GP - HolDar were shifted to the Espoo assignment that GolGM vacated.
Oh thank you - it said "new" on the grid. So many changes to keep track of this season.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Never mind, already noted above about France host picks.
Not sure why H/D keep their ‘new’ tag next to Finland, and I’m not so sure about them getting France now with a full field.

Karen-W

Rinka Watanabe deserves a GP assignment! :)
Well, she did just win a Challenger, so that puts her at the bottom of the alternates list... I'm not sure how likely it is for her to wind up with one though since there would have to be about 10 spots open up in order for her to make it onto the Alternates Top 10 list.
Women - 1 open spot at MKJW, 1 open spot at NHK, FRA TBD @GPdF
Kiibus (Espoo)
Yun (SkAm)
Wi (NHK)
Park (SkAm)
Yokoi (SCI)
Kitromilis (SkAm)
Paganini (MKJW)
Izzo (MKJW)
Daleman (SCI)
Ziegler (none)

Next to be added:
Brezinova (SCI)
Ji (NHK)
Zhu (SkAm)
Serna (GPdF)
Wang (none)
Sauter (MKJW)
Peltonen (Espoo)
Saarinen (Espoo)
Schumacher (SCI)
Watanabe (none)

While we are on konspiracy, why did Reed/Ambrulevicius get cut from Skate America but are skating at Lombardia this weekend and are still in for NHK? :sekret: :shuffle:

I really want to :mitchell: over whatever the reason.
Could it be visa issues?
Not for her since she's a US citizen, and it would surprise me for him since they were training in the US before they moved to IAM last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information