2021 Eurovision Grand Final - It Is Okay To Dance Alone

Peepsquick

The channel (NDR) that chose Jendrik, actually released a statement that "it was a perfect performance with a convincing staging and an important message."
Uhm...yeah...I still don't get how jumping around with a glittery ukulele and a girl in a middle-finger-costume is "convincing staging" and a "perfect performance", but well...IIRC, Germany has never been known for their magnificent taste in the last couple of years.
C'mon, don't bash my number 5!!! :biggrinbo :40beers:

Miezekatze

Jendrik is going to live on and on in future Eurovision montages.
He was interviewed after the ESC and said he's happy cause the finale gave him 8000 more instagram followers.

I was thinking when you're on a show that is shown in front of MILLIONS of people, I'm not sure 8000 new followers is very much :shuffle: :lol:

FWIW I think he's a good dancer, maybe he should concentrate on that.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
FWIW I think he's a good dancer, maybe he should concentrate on that.
He is actually a trained musical actor, so that is probably why his dancing was alright.

Some people are suggesting that he was chosen because NDR didn't want to waste money on Eurovision: His song and music video were already finished and paid for by himself or by whomever decided to fund this shitshow.

Last edited:

shah

Shhh... shhh...
We met our neighbors today and also talked about this and we found out that they also love my new favorite German band and we all agreed that they should go to Eurovision at some point because they are really the best thing Germany has right now.

Please share the name of the band :).

He was interviewed after the ESC and said he's happy cause the finale gave him 8000 more instagram followers.

I was thinking when you're on a show that is shown in front of MILLIONS of people, I'm not sure 8000 new followers is very much :shuffle: :lol:

Ouch!

He is actually a trained musical actor, so that is probably why his dancing was alright.

To be honest, I couldn't really focus on his dancing skills; vocals, the bedazzled ukulele, "rap" parts and the middle finger distracted me too much!

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Please share the name of the band :).
Giant Rooks.
I actually texted them on instagram during the wasted aftermath of Eurovision and asked them whether they could imagine taking part in this.
I got a reply today stating that they are not sure they'd fit in. But hey, glamrock won this time, Lordi also won at some point, so why not sending great indie rock from Germany to get more points than only 3 overall?
It cannot get much worse.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Thanks, @Ananas Astra , I will check of they are better than Die Toten Hosen and Rammstein.😆
I'm not a huge fan of Rammstein and Die Toten Hosen, so to me, they are.

There are more better German artists who would do better than Jendrik and who at least are known in this country.
Stefan Raab should just take care of finding someone. Everytime he was involved, Germany ended up in the top 10 or even won (Lena).

shah

Shhh... shhh...
Giant Rooks.

Thanks! Off to YT! :)

There are more better German artists who would do better than Jendrik and who at least are known in this country.
Stefan Raab should just take care of finding someone. Everytime he was involved, Germany ended up in the top 10 or even won (Lena).

I'm willing to cast a vote for Scooter :D.

Btw, I guess the last German entry I really liked is Ann Sophie's "Black Smoke." Well, I know it got 0 pts, as well, but at least it had some class. Ben Dolic last year seemed a wise choice, but I heard him perform it live and it was, hmm, below one's expectations.

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Giant Rooks.
I actually texted them on instagram during the wasted aftermath of Eurovision and asked them whether they could imagine taking part in this.
I got a reply today stating that they are not sure they'd fit in. But hey, glamrock won this time, Lordi also won at some point, so why not sending great indie rock from Germany to get more points than only 3 overall?
It cannot get much worse.
Whoa - I think that’s the same band I saw at a pub by the University of Leeds (UK) back in 2018! And yes they were good. They had an EP called New Estate at the time, I should check what’s been released since.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Whoa - I think that’s the same band I saw at a pub by the University of Leeds (UK) back in 2018! And yes they were good. They had an EP called New Estate at the time, I should check what’s been released since.
Exactly!
They have quite a following in the UK whereas in Germany, barely anyone knows them apart from indie rock fans.

Last edited:

Impromptu

Sekret Custom Title
I didn't see the Eurovision contest, but I happened to run across Malta's song on another site, and I can't stop listening to it.

Finnice

Johnny Logan performed yesterday in our outdoor village festival. He seemed to be genuinely happy to sing to ca 500 people in the middle of nowhere in Finland.
He is in good shape and had a great gig.

MsZem

I see the sea
Johnny Logan performed yesterday in our outdoor village festival. He seemed to be genuinely happy to sing to ca 500 people in the middle of nowhere in Finland.
I would be too, but I've never won Eurovision so I guess it's not quite the same ;)

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Apparently the winners of Eurovision are now being played on the radio station I listen to. Which is fine, I like the song. But the DJs can't seem to pronounce their name. They all pronounce it differently. And the "How to pronounce Maneskin" video on YouTube also has several pronunciations. (The one where their band says their own name has talking over it too.)

So... how do you pronounce it?

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Apparently the winners of Eurovision are now being played on the radio station I listen to. Which is fine, I like the song. But the DJs can't seem to pronounce their name. They all pronounce it differently. And the "How to pronounce Maneskin" video on YouTube also has several pronunciations. (The one where their band says their own name has talking over it too.)

So... how do you pronounce it?
Mohn-skin

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
So all the DJs were totally off! As they all used 3 syllables.
It's Danish for moonlight so it could be said differently depending on who in the band says it as I think only the girl is Danish. I would say it's three syllables. With my accent and the way I talk I would say it's "moan-eh/skin".

https://www.google.com/search?q=dan...i512l9.4891j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8Stick "

Stick "Måneskin" into the link above to hear it spoken and get an idea. Copy/paste so you get the right sound for the å.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
It's Danish for moonlight so it could be said differently depending on who in the band says it as I think only the girl is Danish. I would say it's three syllables. With my accent and the way I talk I would say it's "moan-eh/skin".

https://www.google.com/search?q=dan...i512l9.4891j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8Stick "

Stick "Måneskin" into the link above to hear it spoken and get an idea. Copy/paste so you get the right sound for the å.
I saw an XFactor video where they introduced themselves and I think you're right about the Danish band member having a little bit more of an emphasis on a second syllable.

ETA: here's where I saw it:

Listen at 0:27 and then at 0:33 - not helpful in this debate!

If they've been called Mohn-eh-skin many times and they haven't corrected it, it must be acceptable :lol:

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Allezfreds video is great to listen to. Especially when she says it. You can hear the Italian members don't quite get the same vowel sound she does.

However people want to say it they are a good band :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information