2019 Eurovision Grand Final - Justify My Douze

FarFarAway

Four the Dark Side
You enjoyed the results :p

The actual voting took up a lot of time. More than usual, it seemed - or maybe that's just because the second half of the interval was so meh.
I don't know when this voting procedure appeared, probably in the time when I wasn't watching Eurovision, but what I expected was probably the second column on screen where the public votes would appear all at once, then the countries would be rearranged and voila. What they did was extremely boring and unnecessary.

Mr FFA was impressed with Madonna's performance as much as I was unimpressed with her voice. But I've never been much on Madonna train. Apart from that what was the purpose of the mentalist and Madonna on Eurovision? Everything should have a purpose. These acts just didn't apart from convincing me few singers are able to perform live as well as they do when they are recording in a studio.

Or may be simply Madonna's purpose was to provide consolation to some of the contestants that it's really unnecessary to be able to sing in order to be successful

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
You enjoyed the results :p

That too, but there is nothing more I enjoy than a good Eurovision voting sequence. Last night was one of the better ones, although I do think someone in the delegations should have a calculator because by the time it came to give Macedonia and Sweden their televote points it was mathematically impossible for either to win.

The actual voting took up a lot of time. More than usual, it seemed - or maybe that's just because the second half of the interval was so meh.

The televoting window was really long. I remember in previous years it was 15 minutes.

I don't know when this voting procedure appeared

2016 in Stockholm. It was to make things more exciting and keep suspense right until the end.

Mr FFA was impressed with Madonna's performance

I'd take him to get his hearing checked. ;)

This year the voting was all over the place more than usual. Here are the scoreboards for the semis and final. Interesting things to note:

Semi 1
- Iceland won the televote, Czech Republic the jury vote and Australia overall.
- Belarus finished 10th overall beating Poland by two points.

Semi 2
- Norway won the televote, North Macedonia the jury vote and Netherlands overall.
- Denmark beat Lithuania by one point for the last place in the final.
- Austria got 0 in the televote, but Ireland came last (as I predicted on the night).

Final
- The difference in the televote and jury score for Norway was the largest we've had for any country under the current system.
- The overall top four all finished one place higher than they did in the televote.

MsZem

I see the sea
The televoting window was really long. I remember in previous years it was 15 minutes.
That's what I meant by voting. The announcement of the votes always feels longer than an OES step sequence, but there's no reason for the voting to be open for so long.

I hope EBU learns from this and puts its foot down on pointless guest stars in the future.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
The guy who paid for Madonna to sing, Canadian rich guy Sylvan Adams, has donated millions to arts and sport in Israel (never anything remotely political.) I sorta feel sorry for him!

Loves_Shizuka

So the Netherlands didn't win any individual "segment" - neither the televote, nor the jury vote, in either the semi or final, but won both overall.

I need to rewatch it.

And Italy. Which I can't remember at all.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
I was going to buy Norway’s song as a sign of support but it’s album-only on ITunes and I sure don’t want the others!

There is definitely a single version of the song to buy on iTunes, at least here anyway. Search "Spirit In The Sky Keiino" and it should come up.

antmanb

Also the error reduced the number of points the UK scored (which wasn't very many anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information