2021-22 Programs and Choreographers

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Vincent Zhou
FS: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (brought back from the 2018-19 season)
Originally choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle; choreography reimagined by Lori Nichol

Eric Sjoberg
FS: Interstellar
Choreographed by Misha Ge

Alina Pepeleva & Roman Pleshkov
SP: "Io Ci Saro" by Andrea Bocelli (debuted at Russian Cup Final)
FS: "Orpheus and Eurydice" by Christoph Willibald von Gluck (kept from previous season)
Choreographed by Tatiana Druchinina

Rock2

Satoko’s Lyra Angelica:

Absolutely EXQUISITE! Heavenly! And the CHILLS I got from that iconic ending pose... :swoon:
Everything Satoko does is heavenly. However, as much as I love me some Jeff, his choreo doesn't quite live up to what we saw from her SPs in 2018 and 2019, particularly the former.

Rock2

Le sigh.
I can't find the right diplomatic words to express how my sentiment for this pair is trending. So I'll leave it there.

(PS I should have multiple quoted others and compiled in one post - regrets for 3 rapid fire posts; hadn't planned on it)

Kirsten Moore-Towers & Michael Marinaro
FS: "Carry You" by Ruelle & Fleurie
Choreographed by Julie Marcotte

Repeat of their 2019/20 program. Per KMT, it felt like it had been left unfinished since they didn't perform it at Worlds.

Sylvia

TBD
Katie McBeath/Nathan Bartholomay
FS: "The Blower’s Daughter" performed by Christina Aguilera & Chris Mann
Choreographer: Cindy Stuart
On Ice Perspectives' clip: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CPQggS4HAXO/

Wesley Chiu
SP: GOVARDO's cover of "Vincent" (Gilles/Poirier's FD version)
FS: Samson and Delilah by Saint-Saëns / "I Belong to You" by Muse (last season's music)
Choreographer: Keegan Murphy
I've just posted his videos in the Canadian Men's news thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ian-men-news-and-updates.108319/#post-6005004

Liam Kapeikis (USA) - he will be 17 in June and trains in Canada
SP: Overture from Man of La Mancha
Like Chiu, he debuted his program at the BC/YK Victoria Day virtual competition this past Saturday: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...titions-virtual-whatever.108307/#post-6004739

Wyliefan

Violeta Ushakova
SP: "Fallin'" by Alicia Keys
Choreographed by Ilona Melnichenko

Wyliefan

Sofia Muravieva
SP: "Ne Me Quitte Pas" by Celine Dion (kept from previous season)
Choreographed by Evgeni Plushenko, Sergei Rozanov, and Dmitri Mikhailov

Sylvia

TBD
Wesley Chiu
SP: GOVARDO's cover of "Vincent" (Gilles/Poirier's FD version)
FS: Samson and Delilah by Saint-Saëns / "I Belong to You" by Muse (last season's music)
Liam Kapeikis (USA) - he will be 17 in June and trains in Canada
SP: Overture from Man of La Mancha
CORRECTION: Joey Russell choreographed Chiu's and Kapeikis' new short programs as well as Chiu's free program (Junior last year/Senior version this year).

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Elizaveta Shanaeva & Devid Naryzhnyy
FD: "Amaluna" (Cirque du Soleil) (debuted at Russian Junior Nationals; redone for senior level)
Choreographed by Alena Samarskaya

Natalia Kaliszek & Maksym Spodyriev
FD: "Heart Cry" by Perpetual Emotions/"Natural" by Imagine Dragons (kept from previous season)
Choreographed by Sylwia Nowak-Trebacka
@AnythingGOE on Twitter links to this page, which currently isn't working, but their ISU bio confirms the music

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Last edited:

RoseRed

Mariah Bell:

SP: Chromatica by Lady Gaga (instrumental including 911, Rain on Me) choreo by Cordero Zuckerman
LP: Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne

I didn't get the impression that whole thing is instrumental from the article. It sounded to me more like the 'crowd favourites' are in addition to the instrumental. Especially since Chromatica has instrumental interludes that fit Mariah's description of "beautiful swells of traditional skating music". And then 911 and Rain on Me for the upbeat part. But we'll see.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I didn't get the impression that whole thing is instrumental from the article. It sounded to me more like the 'crowd favourites' are in addition to the instrumental. Especially since Chromatica has instrumental interludes that fit Mariah's description of "beautiful swells of traditional skating music". And then 911 and Rain on Me for the upbeat part. But we'll see.
Changed the wording around.

Wyliefan

Karen Chen
FS: "Butterfly Lovers Violin Concerto" performed by Takako Nishizaki (kept from previous season)
Choreographed by Pasquale Camerlengo

Colonel Green

Karen Chen
FS: "Butterfly Lovers Violin Concerto" performed by Takako Nishizaki (kept from previous season)
Choreographed by Pasquale Camerlengo
I figured she’d keep that. A good choice for a potent Beijing Olympics.

Sylvia

TBD
Eliska Brezinova
Free program Music choice - Circles by Greta Svabo Bech (by Ludovico Einaudi), arranged by Cedric Tour
Choreographer: Benoit Richaud
As posted on her IG today: https://www.instagram.com/p/COz5rmRp9lY/
Brezinova announced her SP music today: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPa5WjVpbnr/
SP: "Sweet Dreams" by Eurythmics
Choreographer: Misha Ge

Ashley (Shan) Lin (CHN)
FS: "Papa Can You Hear Me?" performed by Barbra Streisand (clip filmed by Audrey Lu: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPawcvnARsK/)
Choreographer: Lori Nichol (according to the clip filmed by OIP earlier this spring: https://www.instagram.com/reel/COF1ZcUnmBN/)

Wyliefan

Daria Pavliuchenko & Denis Khodykin
FS: Music from the Black Swan soundtrack
Choreography by Alexander Zhulin

(H/T @mjb52)

J

Jeschke

Daria Pavliuchenko & Denis Khodykin
FS: Music from the Black Swan soundtrack
Choreography by Alexander Zhulin

(H/T @mjb52)
That I don't see at all for them, but we'll see.

Sylvia

TBD
Leah Neset and Artem Markelov [J6 at 2021 U.S. Nationals & listed in the ISP for 2021-22]
Junior RD (music as listed in their video caption): Michael Buble - "Feeling Good" / Yellow Claw - "DJ Turn It Up"
Choreographer: ?

Junior FD: "My Immortal" by Evanescence / "In The End" by Tommee Profitt & Linkin Park
Choreographers: Elena Dostatni (their coach) & Joel Dear

Video links are posted in the U.S. Dance thread here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ason-news-updates.107355/page-11#post-6006985

Ka3sha

Victoria Sinitsina/Nikita Katsalapov
FD: Rachmaninoff
Still undecided about specific piece
It’s Piano Concerto No. 2 (different piece from what they used in 2017/18) and The Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini

jenny12

I never thought that I would say this; Danny G's choreography is so ghastly that I long for the days of Morozov and Tarasova. I know... I know...

Agreed. While I especially don’t like Morozov, I think he had a few good works. Didn’t he do Michelle Kwan’s The Feeling Begins? That’s about a billion times better than anything Danny G has ever done.

arakwafan2006

Agreed. While I especially don’t like Morozov, I think he had a few good works. Didn’t he do Michelle Kwan’s The Feeling Begins? That’s about a billion times better than anything Danny G has ever done.
Yes, he did. While Lori, Jeffrey Buttle, Camerlengo and Shay are more my type( add Zueva for dance and MFD, minus Sam Chouinard) Danny G has propelled the equivalent of chopped liver into mainstream choreography. Morozov was sometimes tacky but I at least understood what i was looking at and, he understood skating skills at a birds eye level. Danny G makes me watch his choreography with my mouth gaped open as if my teeth don't fit. I'd trade it for Tarasova's strange toe tapping choreography any day.

I don't understand how as a Russian with so much culture to draw from, he refuses to. Last season, falls and all, Satoko was the only ladies free skate that i went back to re-watch. I mean, i could see someone sculpting her opening position alone and putting it on display in a museum. While i get that not everyone likes her style and as much as i hate to admit, Lori is becoming " old school", I don't go back to see what Danny G has for the girls.

I rooted for Zagitova to win worlds before she retired because i knew how difficult it was for her to get back into shape and because i know being a defending champ and Olympic champ, from that skating school, is very difficult. It was not because of her content. Same with the other likely members of the Russian Olympic team. I root for Sasha etc. because of what they've overcome and because they are wonderful sportswomen. Their programs are some of the worst. They ALL deserve better. I am pretty sure Morozov could come up with something clever albeit gimmicky for Trusova. let us pray....

Sylvia

TBD
Friendly request as a person who checks this thread often for the latest news: Can we please keep this thread focused on program music/choreographer announcements?

Feel free to start a thread in the Trash Can re. opinions, pro and con, about any and all choreographers - I'm sure it would generate a fair amount of discussion.

ETA:

Greta Crafoord/John Crafoord (the sibling pair twins representing Sweden) are keeping their free skate music that they used in the Senior Pairs event at 2021 Challenge Cup in The Hague.

FS: "Waves" by Dean Lewis, choreographed by Ilona Melnichenko (according to this clip filmed recently by OIP): https://www.instagram.com/reel/CPyBBHmnr8C/

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information