2021-22 ISU Grand Prix assignments announced

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Seriously, isn’t Kromykh much more like Cinderella if she surpasses the reigning world champion and 3-time national champion at this competition?
No, she is playing a wicked stepsister, the protagonists are Trusova, Tuk, Alena and Anna
Kromykh is a potential spoiler thus could end one of these girls Olympic dreams.
She is the darkhorse, If Anna keeps losing she will become an underdog like Alena.

also, maybe not much related but Kromykh is unappleaing and has few fans this is the problem
She has no X factor.

Sylvia

TBD
Kihira has withdrawn from NHK.
I posted this article in English in the NHK Trophy subforum earlier today:

Women's GP grid today (Nov. 5): https://www.isu.org/docman-document...-files-40/entries-6/25937-entries-ladies/file

ETA:
Yamamoto got that spot. I suppose JSF will assign a replacement for Rika too.
Sota Yamamoto was added to the Men's grid today (Nov. 5) for NHK Trophy, replacing Hanyu:

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Match TV is reporting that Trusova is out of NHK.

Google Translate:

According to a Match TV source, Alexandra Trusova did not fly to Japan to participate in the second stage of the Grand Prix.

From the group of Eteri Tutberidze, Daria Usacheva and Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov went to the stage , while Trusova remained in Moscow. Thus, the skater will not take part in the stage.

The decision to leave Trusova for the competition was made at the last moment before departure. All other skaters of the Russian national team who will take part in the stage in Japan were supposed to go to Tokyo on Sunday.

Earlier, Match TV reported that the athlete resumed ice training after a week break due to rehabilitation procedures against the background of a stress fracture.

Trusova won the US Grand Prix stage with a score of 232.27 points.

The stage in Japan (NHK Trophy) will take place on November 12-14.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Wow. This really gives some skaters a huge chance to medal and, maybe, make the GPF. Both You and Sakamoto underperformed in the SP at SkAm and came close to beating Usacheva anyway. Prime opportunity for one of them to potentially win and qualify for the GPF over Usacheva. Probably

Sylvia

TBD
Western Sectionals comp. is done and Mana Kawabe (186.52/133.22 6th in FS with 3Aq at Skate Canada Int'l) scored higher than anyone at either Sectional. Hopefully there's no quarantine situation for her returning from Vancouver?

Karen-W

Western Sectionals comp. is done and Mana Kawabe (186.52/133.22 6th in FS with 3Aq at Skate Canada Int'l) scored higher than anyone at either Sectional. Hopefully there's no quarantine situation for her returning from Vancouver?
I can't imagine there is since Hase/Seegert remained in Vancouver to train this past week before heading to Tokyo for NHK.

Karen-W

I just remembered that Mana Kawabe is listed with Wakaba Higuchi & Tomoe Kawabata for CS Austria next week. Yuhana Yokoi is listed as the only sub. - hopefully she can replace Kawabe if Mana replaces Kihira at NHK Trophy.
Yokoi is entered for Warsaw Cup the week after, so my guess is that she wouldn't be sent to CS Austria as a last minute replacement even if she is listed as one at the moment.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
So Mazzara is out of IdF. Turkkila / Versluis are also added to IdF.
Happy for T/V who deserve another assignment.

If Kaori or Alysa win NHK, now quite possible, I will be SO happy. Usacheva doesn't have the ultra jumps although she's a very accomplished skater, so the playing field is pretty level. Also hoping for You, Alysa and yes Amber to succeed at 3A.

Karen-W

Happy for T/V who deserve another assignment.

If Kaori or Alysa win NHK, now quite possible, I will be SO happy. Usacheva doesn't have the ultra jumps although she's a very accomplished skater, so the playing field is pretty level. Also hoping for You, Alysa and yes Amber to succeed at 3A.
T/V haven't had any assignments, though they definitely deserve one! Very happy they have this chance.

I'd be thrilled of Kaori or Alysa can win NHK. And all those ladies who are trying 3As to land them.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
The funny thing is that our of my currently favorite Women skaters, three are/were at NHK (Alysa, Kaori, Sasha.) Karen and Loena aren't there. But not having looked at the schedule I assume it's in the middle of my night so will be watching on replay. :(

Karen-W

Literally, ladies programs start at 1:10am (central) and 1:40am (central), respectively.
Yup, worst time shifting of the GP. I'm glad I have Veteran's Day off already and can sleep during the day, lol.

Karen-W

I took Friday off for a number of reasons but I also am planning to watch Women and Dance when I wake up at a normal hour!
Well, being on the West Coast and a night owl by nature, the Women should be pretty easy viewing for me regardless, but the rest? I also took Friday off so if I can't stay awake then I have the time to watch uninterrupted by work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information