2021/2022 Canadian Men: News and Updates

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I'm not surprised. He's usually invited to take part in galas, regardless of his placement, for the entertainment factor.
I wonder who he'll have lie on the ice to backflip over? Maybe Elladj will get out there with him and do a double backflip over people.
I bet that he and Nathan do their side-by-side backflips together over someone like Morisi or one of the male ice dancers like Zach or Evan.

I Luv Bulldogs

My post was kind of a bit of everything. I just get tired of posts where a skater and his/her actions (inactions) are seen in just one way. Keegan is a nice guy. Even when he's forcing his heterosexuality down our throats by shoving his phone into the camera lens to show us that figure skating has real men as well as those other fellows.

I remember one time when Evan Lysacek slipped and fell somewhere and injured himself. He missed his next competition because of that injury. I posted that he took himself out of the competition due to carelessness. People thought I was a jerk. Well, I feel the same thing about Keegan as I did about Evan. The majority of Olympic athletes took precautions so as to not catch COVID. Keegan was a bit more relaxed and hung out with (most likely) a trusted person who was carrying the virus and passed it on to him (unknowingly). I think other athletes chose to stay away from people for the weeks leading up to the Olympics and kept their contacts to Zoom and to Facetime.

My point is that to be the person picked to carry the flag in the closing ceremonies, they should pick someone who exercised the proper amount of caution knowing what ALL OF US have known about how things work for the last two years. It seems Keegan got some farewell hugs at some point that bit him in the butt. He should have chosen congratulatory hugs for his Olympic bronze medal once the Olympics were finished. Now he and all his teammates are medal-less.
He's a proud papa Calling it "forcing his heterosexuality" is ridiculous.

skategal

Bunny mama
https://results.isu.org/isujsstat/tes3/stsmjustsen3.htm - no, Worlds TES mins are 34 / 64 - they're both missing the SP min. Of course, Skate Canada could send them to Challenge Cup like the USFS is sending Malinin there to, hopefully, get it before Worlds.
Looks like Canada is sending no senior men to Challenge Cup to get the Worlds minimums. :wall:

They must be pretty certain that Keegan and Roman are okay to go.

Karen-W

Looks like Canada is sending no senior men to Challenge Cup to get the Worlds minimums. :wall:

They must be pretty certain that Keegan and Roman are okay to go.
Wesley, Stephen, Nam, Corey and Joseph all have their senior Worlds TES mins, IIRC.

skategal

Bunny mama
Of those only Nam has them. And Conrad.
Yes this is why we were speculating that some senior men might get sent to Challenge Cup to get their minimums.

Especially Wesley considering Junior Worlds has been postponed and may not even happen.

But nope….

Karen-W

Yes this is why we were speculating that some senior men might get sent to Challenge Cup to get their minimums.

Especially Wesley considering Junior Worlds has been postponed and may not even happen.

But nope….
Applications are due to the ISU today for a relocated Jr Worlds with a decision expected tomorrow. Sounds pretty certain that Jr Worlds will happen in April but not in Bulgaria.

uandmfan

It's a private account.

Interesting how? Better? Worse? Is Conrad just working with him temporarily, or is he moving there to train full time? Is this a new quad, or one he's landed before? People, if you're going to post this stuff get the info. :p
A quad toe. No idea what he's landed before. Keegan left a message of encouragement.

shutterbug

It's a private account.

Interesting how? Better? Worse? Is Conrad just working with him temporarily, or is he moving there to train full time? Is this a new quad, or one he's landed before? People, if you're going to post this stuff get the info. :p
Whoops, sorry, didn't realize the account was private. It was public when I started following Ravi. 🤷‍♀️ Interesting meaning is this a possible coaching change? AFAIK, Conrad has been training a number of different quads.

honey

I think that seems like a good choice for Conrad! I think he’s got lots of potential, but hasn’t really huge strides over the last couple seasons. Good for him for making a big change like that. Wonder if his sister will follow him?

AYS

🌻
IG post from Roman Sadovsky pertaining to Ukraine:

screech

Not perfect from Roman, but definitely redemption from Beijing. And shaky from Keegan, but I think this is the first time I've ever seen him get ALL level 4s, including on his footwork. I also like that he's kept a bit of scruff. Whenever I see him do his Russian split jump, I always wish more skaters did them, a la almost all the mens skaters in the 90s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information